Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 02:13 PM   #1
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...

Drives: '12 Camaro SS
*Great News Camaro Due Out 2007*

This last month i got a phone call from my trustworthy Chevy dealer and they told me that representatives came from GM letting them know the lineup coming ou and how they were pushing cars out earlier than expected b/c we all know GM is in trouble especially Chevy, so the representatives let them in on a big secret Chevy is releasing the Camaro either the Second or (more likely) the Third Quarter of this year year! So the Camaro will be on the showoom floor either late Spring or Early-Mid Summer as a 2008 model. I just put a deposit down on it and I'm guaranteed the first V8 of my choice either the Z28 or SS depending on release! Just thought you all would like to know so our war with Mustang and soon Challenger is much closer than you think so start preparing!!!!
Old 01-03-2007, 02:27 PM   #2
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Well, that would be GREAT news, if it's true.

Here's a Q&A w/ Scott regarding the sale date;
Q. How set in stone is the Spring 2009 sale date? In other words, is there any chance that speedy progress could give us a Fall 2008 debut?

A. Nothing is ever set in stone. Let me say upfront that we would like the car on the street tomorrow, but that isn't practical. We need it for many reasons, one of which is that YOU want it! (..another is I WANT IT!)

It's important to understand that the new Camaro comes from a completely fresh sheet of paper, unlike others who will modify an existing architecture to build their entry. [meaning the Challenger] (and their entry is huge, I mean HUGE. Take a look at it next to the early 70s version.....it's larger than our Monte Carlo! That isn't a bad thing if you're looking for a big boulevard cruiser with a large back seat, perhaps. But I digress! If the Camaro could be moved forward, it will be. But we won't bring it to the public until it's RIGHT. This is a hallowed nameplate to some, and it's important that we make a Camaro that we ALL can be proud of.

Now, let's do some math here: We announced that the car will go into production in the 4th quarter of 2008 (that would mean Sept/December of 2008) and be in showrooms for you to purchase in the first quarter of 2009 (that would be January/March 2009).

Today is August 17. In less than 15 days, we'll be in the 4th quarter of 2006. Now, lemme get my abacus out here and check something............hmmmmm...........YUP! That's two years from now! Not bad for a clean sheet of paper approach!

I'm going to see what I can find out.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:00 PM   #3
rray200

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
I sure hope your source is right. I'd love to see it out that early. But realistically, they haven't even got the production version set yet. Those are still being investigate and tested. Not too mention, getting the factory ready in Oshawa to build the Camaro will take a minimum of six months (that's if there are no snags or hiccups in retrofitting the plant), but probably longer.

The car will be out sooner than expected. But probably closer to the summer of 2008. I sure hope though that you are right about this year. 2008 is when I'll be ready to buy and with it coming out a little earlier will give them a chance to work out some of the first year bugs.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:27 PM   #4
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...

well im almost positive, because the representatives said that they already had them on the plant ready for production in austrailia, they said they secretly were doing this as a test to see how production would run, and due to the huge drop in sales they need a car to save them and this one they know will, they wil sell all that they make they know it, b/c if ford could sell that crap called the mustang which is retro and cool if u like plain, grandfather s***, thay can sell them all with its much nicer, sleeker, and more respectible styling, plus the return of the camaro has been the biggest news in the autoworld since i cant even remembre when, so i think they knew all along what they were doing and left options open that if they needed the car out quick they could do it, b/c think about it the demeand is outrageous from the public for this car, and to wait that long would be stupid b/c by then another mustang is already ut and retro styling may be gone the challenger will already be out and chevy will have lost so much market to ford and dodge, if they do this now they will gain their fanbase back in the teen range where those kids go buy mustangs now b/c there is nothing like it out, i mean my brother a chevy loyalist had to resort to buying a mustang b/c there was no camaro, i drive a corvette now and am a preffered customer at my dealership in which my family hasd been dealing with them for at least thirty years and they wouldnt tell me my car would be coming soon and to prepare financially for it if they werent sure, it all adds up so lets prepare for the pony wars round 2, except in this war will only have one pony in it, and thats the very lame mustang, b/c this camaro with a vette motor in the Z28 and the ls7 or maybe their secret ls9 in the SS will blow any puss stang off the track and will out handle or ride it, with its independent rear oppossed to live rear axel, on the road, so gear up b/c the war is coming and it is almost certain that the bow-tie will trample the blue oval like so many times in the past!!!!
Old 01-03-2007, 03:55 PM   #5
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Hey, if that's something your dealer wants to believe, then cool. No disrespect to you, my friend. I don't believe it one bit. They can't release it as an 08 model. This has been said already due to the old contracts...(unless someone waived a magic wand and bought out the existing contract that the St. Therese plant had). I do not find that happening. GM keeps secrets for a reason. They have tons of work to do on the plant and it was only announced where it would be built in Nov. Then, it's going to take months to get it ready and out. I don't think there's a chance of them getting it out by summer. I could be way off...but don't think it would happen. It would be right in line w/ the release of the transformers movie, though. Too many things going on for it to come out so quickly.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:57 PM   #6
OverAnxious

Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
I agree. 99% of dealer info like this is hot air
Old 01-03-2007, 09:24 PM   #7
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Drives: Camaros
I hope it is out in '07. My guess is that the dealer/salesman just wanted the deposit for a future sale. Just my $.02.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:44 PM   #8
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
mid 08. by every mathimatical equation you can come up with. . .that's the soonest it will come out.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:01 PM   #9
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...

well no disrespect to any of u but before any of u normal consumers knew of a new corvette i knew a year early my chevy dealer is a friend of my family and they due high volume more than probably any dealer u know and no disrespect to you but what u said about them not being able to bring it out as a '07 or '08 model this year, gm can due what they want the '07 tahoe came out january 2nd of '06 as a 2007 model and the c5 whgen it came out was orignally slated to be a 98 vetter but came out as a early year 97 so honestly gm can dso wat they want and i was there with the gm representatives wen they came the second time when i went for a deposit, they told my dealer in front of me that the only thing left was to give the dealers their pricing which is due soon plus im an insider too gm i have family and good friends that are in high places for gm so i respect that u think my dealer was blowing smoke up my ass but my friends wouldnt do that and this isnt true than the general lied to my face through his people, but thanks for your enthusiast key word enthusiast opinion
Old 01-03-2007, 11:37 PM   #10
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Old 01-03-2007, 11:39 PM   #11
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolestCamaro873 View Post
well no disrespect to any of u but before any of u normal consumers knew of a new corvette i knew a year early my chevy dealer is a friend of my family and they due high volume more than probably any dealer u know and no disrespect to you but what u said about them not being able to bring it out as a '07 or '08 model this year, gm can due what they want the '07 tahoe came out january 2nd of '06 as a 2007 model and the c5 whgen it came out was orignally slated to be a 98 vetter but came out as a early year 97 so honestly gm can dso wat they want and i was there with the gm representatives wen they came the second time when i went for a deposit, they told my dealer in front of me that the only thing left was to give the dealers their pricing which is due soon plus im an insider too gm i have family and good friends that are in high places for gm so i respect that u think my dealer was blowing smoke up my ass but my friends wouldnt do that and this isnt true than the general lied to my face through his people, but thanks for your enthusiast key word enthusiast opinion

Well if it turns out, POST THE PRICE!!
Old 01-03-2007, 11:42 PM   #12
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
With all due respect 'CoolestCamaro873', please remain a member of this forum and let us know what happens come late Spring, early-mid Summer.

I really am NOT trying to instigate or offend you.

We'll see...
Old 01-03-2007, 11:45 PM   #13
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
With all due respect 'CoolestCamaro873', please remain a member of this forum and let us know what happens come late Spring, early-mid Summer.

I really am NOT trying to instigate or offend you.

We'll see...
Yes! Please do!

Old 01-04-2007, 12:12 AM   #14
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
I'm just so glad gm has learned how to keep secrets like the goverment. I mean seriously to build something to production quality and get a factory together and have that many people involved and no one really talk about it is quite hard. look at all the black projects the goverment has done. if anyone can keep a secret it's them. way to go gm up stage the goverment. no disrespect really but until I see it in my driveway I won't believe it.

Closed Thread