Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 03-07-2011, 09:03 PM   #15
GrinderSS
Account Suspended

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS
I chose the E-Force for the following reasons,

• Very reputable company that backs their products like no one else
  • The fit and finish of the E-Force looks like it's an OEM SC. The Whipple looks like an afterthought
  • The pricing for the E-Force is better than the Whipple
  • Clear and well documented installation instructions
GrinderSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:13 PM   #16
kook

Drives: 2010 2SS Yellow
E-Force for above reasons. Definitely update fuel system as well.
Magnaflow Street Cat-Back
DOD Delete
Forgestar F-14's and Pedders XA + PKG
Custom grind cam from Cincy Speed
ADM dual fuel pump
ADM AF/Boost gauges
FTI 3200 convertor
Hurst shifter
Cincy Speed Build and Tune 540rwhp
kook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:28 PM   #17
GMRULZ

Drives: 2010 SS & 2008 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrinderSS View Post
I chose the E-Force for the following reasons,

• Very reputable company that backs their products like no one else
  • The fit and finish of the E-Force looks like it's an OEM SC. The Whipple looks like an afterthought
  • The pricing for the E-Force is better than the Whipple
  • Clear and well documented installation instructions

The fit and finish looks like an afterthought on the Whipple? Really? So you think a poorly designed fuel rail is the way to go? That still hasn`t been addressed by Edelbrock? I know Jannetty has a fixed fuel rail for it , but to my understanding Edelbrock has ignored this issue. As far os OE fit and finish go Ford Racing Superchargers are made by Whipple. You know the ones you can buy from Ford, have installed by Ford and keep your Ford extended warranty. How many OE manufacturers use Edelbrock superchargers? I`m not trying to start a whose blower is better battle but really know what your talking about before you start downing another company`s product.

Pricing is better on the Edelbrock I believe you are correct there.

Instructions...haven`t seen the Edelbrock ones, I`m sure they are great as are the Whipples instructions that even a Caveman could install the blower...

So in the end buy the blower that best suites you OP.
2010 SS L99, 536rwhp 10.843@126.72. Whipple Supercharger stock pulley, ARH 1 7/8 longtubes w/ catted xpipe, magnaflow 3" mufflers, ADM Race CAI, 3:70 gears, lightweight wheels and nitto drag radials. Stock internal L99, stock converter.

Bolt on best before blower 12.22@113.29 w/ nothing but ARH headers, catted x-pipe, ADM CAI and a tune on stock Pzero`s!

Other car 2008 C6 Ls3, z51, A6, Npp Exhaust, best bonestock pass 11.80@118.82, Number 2 on the Corvette Forums Bonestock fastest list..
GMRULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:36 PM   #18
GrinderSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRULZ View Post
The fit and finish looks like an afterthought on the Whipple? Really? So you think a poorly designed fuel rail is the way to go? That still hasn`t been addressed by Edelbrock? I know Jannetty has a fixed fuel rail for it , but to my understanding Edelbrock has ignored this issue. As far os OE fit and finish go Ford Racing Superchargers are made by Whipple. You know the ones you can buy from Ford, have installed by Ford and keep your Ford extended warranty. How many OE manufacturers use Edelbrock superchargers? I`m not trying to start a whose blower is better battle but really know what your talking about before you start downing another company`s product.

Pricing is better on the Edelbrock I believe you are correct there.

Instructions...haven`t seen the Edelbrock ones, I`m sure they are great as are the Whipples instructions that even a Caveman could install the blower...

So in the end buy the blower that best suites you OP.
I've seen many pictures of Whipple SC's installed on Camaro's and they look too "aftermarket" for my tastes. Whipple paid little attention to the external styling of the SC, unlike Edelbrock did with the E-Force. Edelbrock thoroughly designed the E-Force inside and out.

As for the fuel rail issue, I think it's been blown (pardon the pun) out of proportion for the financial benefit of the parties doing the blowing. If the stock pulley and injectors are used, the fuel rail design is fine.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:48 PM   #19
Caliman93230

Drives: LS3S/C
don't sell your self short. if your going s/c your gona want more latter on. the elderblock is a smaller blower and has its limits out of the box. the whipple has more potential out of the box, lower temps for the whipple it has a BAP, if you wanted 650whp with simple bolt ons.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:57 PM   #20
GMRULZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrinderSS View Post
I've seen many pictures of Whipple SC's installed on Camaro's and they look too "aftermarket" for my tastes. Whipple paid little attention to the external styling of the SC, unlike Edelbrock did with the E-Force. Edelbrock thoroughly designed the E-Force inside and out.

As for the fuel rail issue, I think it's been blown (pardon the pun) out of proportion for the financial benefit of the parties doing the blowing. If the stock pulley and injectors are used, the fuel rail design is fine.
So you prefer all the plastic looking add ons, and thats ok because if we all had the same taste we would all drive the same exact car and have the same exact mods. I respect that, but respectfully disagree. You should see the wow factor the polished Whipple gets w/ painted RJT items under the hood, but I digress.

So in regards to the fueling issue as long as we stay w/ the stock pulley and injectors it will be fine? OK, but most people want to be able to make more power if they want too and Edelbrock did not build that ability into their rail. Do you really think Ted did the upgraded fuel rail just to make a buck? Sure thats part of it, but after reading all threads he`s replied in and the tests he`s done for free, you think that he`s just blowing things out of proportion so he could sell his upgraded fuel rail? I think not.
2010 SS L99, 536rwhp 10.843@126.72. Whipple Supercharger stock pulley, ARH 1 7/8 longtubes w/ catted xpipe, magnaflow 3" mufflers, ADM Race CAI, 3:70 gears, lightweight wheels and nitto drag radials. Stock internal L99, stock converter.

Bolt on best before blower 12.22@113.29 w/ nothing but ARH headers, catted x-pipe, ADM CAI and a tune on stock Pzero`s!

Other car 2008 C6 Ls3, z51, A6, Npp Exhaust, best bonestock pass 11.80@118.82, Number 2 on the Corvette Forums Bonestock fastest list..
Old 03-07-2011, 10:15 PM   #21
GrinderSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
So you prefer all the plastic looking add ons, and thats ok because if we all had the same taste we would all drive the same exact car and have the same exact mods. I respect that, but respectfully disagree. You should see the wow factor the polished Whipple gets w/ painted RJT items under the hood, but I digress.

So in regards to the fueling issue as long as we stay w/ the stock pulley and injectors it will be fine? OK, but most people want to be able to make more power if they want too and Edelbrock did not build that ability into their rail. Do you really think Ted did the upgraded fuel rail just to make a buck? Sure thats part of it, but after reading all threads he`s replied in and the tests he`s done for free, you think that he`s just blowing things out of proportion so he could sell his upgraded fuel rail? I think not.
Yea, I prefer an OEM look, but the E-Force is aluminum, there are no plastic parts. I think the Whipple is better in terms of expandability, but to take full advantage an engine rebuild would be needed. One other comparison I'd like to see is the overall weight. The E-Force is heavy as hell unfortunately.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:35 PM   #22
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
The Whipple w/ the stock pulley will exceend the 550rwhp on an mn6 car w/ those mods easily. The Automatic L99 will be slightly less, 536rwhp for mine w/ headers, CAI and a tune. Ran a high 10 at the track w/ a set of drag radials and those mods.

Yeah yeah yeah. Stop bragging about the Whipple. You guys are making me envious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!:(
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:03 AM   #23
Caliman93230

Drives: LS3S/C
lets put it this way would you like your girl friend to have average boobs or double DD's, Im telling you if you go with the smaller of the two you will regret it.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:18 AM   #24
GMRULZ

Grinder,
Its all good. The Whipple is no lightweight either, w/ the addnl fluids and everything I think it may have gained at least 70-80lbs.

Supercharged SS,
You know you could always sell the Maggie and use that money to buy a Whipple. You are getting into the power level where the Whipple is actually a bit more useful than where I`m at...
Hey a local Mopar guy is trying to put together a big New Mopar vs New Camaro shootout in the fall. You interested? It would be in Va at Virginia Motorsports Park. It should be pretty big if he can pull it together. You could crash at my place for free that weekend if ya want. No dates yet by if you are interested I`ll keep ya posted.

Caliman,
LMAO @ that comparrison!

Old 03-08-2011, 06:54 AM   #25
Stingr69
'69 Owned Since '79

Drives: '69 Z/28 LeMans Blue w/White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliman93230 View Post
lets put it this way would you like your girl friend to have average boobs or double DD's, Im telling you if you go with the smaller of the two you will regret it.
Epic post. :tweetz:

But I still want the eforce.

-Mark.
Stingr69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:23 AM   #26
epstein
Account Suspended

Drives: SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to epstein
great post........Nice Comparo.....I know what I got!
epstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:38 AM   #27
Hi Noon

Drives: Camaro 2010
An element of choice: your driving style.
Cannot comment on the Whipple, but the Eforce will give you gobs of torque in the 2000-4500 RPM range. Torque is an important element in real street driving conditions. It is a very satifying experience with the Eforce because you have instant torque. To me this was important.
Just my 2 cents.
Hi Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:57 AM   #28
GMRULZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Noon View Post
An element of choice: your driving style.
Cannot comment on the Whipple, but the Eforce will give you gobs of torque in the 2000-4500 RPM range. Torque is an important element in real street driving conditions. It is a very satifying experience with the Eforce because you have instant torque. To me this was important.
Just my 2 cents.

I think all PD blowers will give you loads of low end torque. However w/ the long runners of the Eforce and it being a smaller blower making boost lower you will feel the torque and it will be snappier than the whipple imho. The Whipple will make more power higher in the rpm band, although it makes quite a bit down low and will make a better drag racing blower than the eforce all other things being equal, while the Eforce will be a much snappier fun to drive on the street at part throttle ect.. So buy according to what best fits what you want from your blower. Both are great superchargers.