Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

View Poll Results: Did I really got it where it hurts, To buy a "New Car" with 131 miles
Yes I got riped off? 9 27.27%
No, be happy? 24 72.73%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-06-2010, 09:40 AM   #1
aberafik
MURDER SS

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro SS Murderd Out
Send a message via AIM to aberafik Send a message via Yahoo to aberafik
I bought my new Camaro SS 2010 but.... 131 miles on it????

I went to the dealership and bought my New black Camaro SS. At the time of sale they didnt have the black ss which I always wanted for my dream car, Like the batmobile, lol. So the sales person told me that there is one available from another dealership which is 40 miles away and they can have it sent over the next day. When i saw the black ss i ran to it and gave her a big fat kiss, All my life driving beat up cars now i got my dream car got way to happy. We did the paper work and all the good stuff. I put down 13,000 and got the Car for 30,432 plus all the taxes and fee's. I traded my peice of crap Nissan Altima Cream color. As I drove the car off the lot i saw that my millage is 131 miles on it so far. At the time i really didnt care, because geting away from the nissan to this car. Plus this was my very first car purchess and especially first from a dealership, So I thought it was normal. Now I relise somthing that I didnt understand at that time, all the other dealerships wouldnt let me test drive a camaro because they told me customers wanted to buy the car at zero miles. And then i also relise after reading all these forums that almost every customer got there car at zero to 3 miles on it:(. And when I got my car, the left driver wheel sqeek it sounds like a rusted shoping cart. And ya the new car smell, lol What new car smell. So what should I do? is this normal for some people to have high miles when they get there car shiped from anothe dealership, or did I really got car jack. I love these forums and I feel like you guys are my family so any info would be a lot of help. Thanks brothers and sisters

I still love my Black Baby But still upset at the whole processe

Old 09-06-2010, 09:50 AM   #2
superman

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS
This is an ongoing argument. People who bought cars with 100+ miles will tell you that it's fine. It's still a new car. People who bought cars with <10 miles will tell you it's a demo.

I ordered mine and it came with 10 miles (because of getting fuel). When I was shopping around for a car, I found a black one I wanted to purchase. The salesman took me out on a ride and he red lined the crap out of the car a few times. It also had 200+ miles. That means he's done this many times. (again, here we're going to get the people who praise a hard break in and soft break in - there's no proof supporting one or the other) Even the fact that he "abused" a car he was selling for brand new turned me away from it.

I would consider anything over 50 miles as a demo, but everyone has a different standard for what is and what isn't a demo. As long as you're fine with it and there are no problems, be happy you're driving a V8..
superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:53 AM   #3
Stoned Hemi 6

Drives: '14 2SS/RS AGM 1LE NPP, 1995 Imp SS
I have to agree with superman...that's a demo. Your car has probably been beaten up pretty good too. I purchased my Challenger off the show room floor with only 7 miles. The car looks nice though but I don't think I would've been content with the mileage. To each his own...
Stoned Hemi 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:56 AM   #4
superman

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS
The best part of buying a new car is the new car smell!!
superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:01 AM   #5
vinman
The BBOMG fill-in husband

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE AKA V1LE
That new car smell is actually the glue drying and has been proven to cause cancer, lol. We all have to die some day anyway right, I would rather die from being exposed to too many new car smells than asbestos. The salesmen are gonna die first.
vinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:10 AM   #6
Lbness

Drives: 2010 ss M6 Aqua Blue
Send a message via AIM to Lbness
130 and came from a dealer 40miles away ... I would not worry and walk on down the road, sure ithas been demo'd and the wax has been tested ... Dealer talk but if it in one piece and runs perfect .. Smile and Ride .... flat black stripes would be sweet on there too !
Nice Ride!
Make your girls happy too
http://www.lisafreede.com/http://www...s/thumbsup.gif
Lbness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:13 AM   #7
ssummit camaro

Drives: 2013 1LE on order TPW 12/31
who cares how many miles on it the most important thing is your happy
Old 09-06-2010, 10:16 AM   #8
Stoned Hemi 6

Drives: '14 2SS/RS AGM 1LE NPP, 1995 Imp SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssummit camaro View Post
who cares how many miles on it the most important thing is your happy
I don't think he's that happy. If he was then he wouldn't have made this thread. I would take it in and have it checked by the service department. Have them inspect everything.
Stoned Hemi 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:19 AM   #9
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
As long as the warranty says 36131 miles and it hasn't got that smokers smell in it you got a good deal. IMO
Baldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:24 AM   #10
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
your warranty should account for those miles and you obviously knew the mileage before you bought it, dont see what your bitch is. Probably used for people to test drive or might have been a dealer trade and somebody drove it to your dealer.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:28 PM   #11
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Warranty starts at the mileage on the car when you picked it up.

The dealer they got it from more than likely let some test drives on it. Don't expect 30 or less miles on a Camaro unless you ORDER it.

Test drives sell lot cars - I will let someone go out in one WITH me in the car.....90% of the time, they buy it, because weenie dealerships down the road often do NOT allow test drives.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:30 PM   #12
aberafik
MURDER SS

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro SS Murderd Out
Send a message via AIM to aberafik Send a message via Yahoo to aberafik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoned Hemi 6 View Post
I don't think he's that happy. If he was then he wouldn't have made this thread. I would take it in and have it checked by the service department. Have them inspect everything.

I love my babygirl she is the best thang ever happend to me but the check engine light been on for the airbags. I did a dinostics on my car they told me the air bags wont deploy
Old 09-06-2010, 07:40 PM   #13
KnightRiderSS
Voodoo Medicine Man

Drives: Black 2SS with RS package
There have been things wrong with cars less than 8 miles on them (one guy said his car looked like it had been repainted because of the way paint was flaking off). I don't think having over one hundred miles will hurt you..mine had 208 on it because it was a dealer trade from out of state...I've put about 3000 miles on it without a problem other than spoiler rubbing issues...mine did have that new car smell and still does...
Old 09-06-2010, 07:45 PM   #14
Entaille

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
who cares? it probably got red lined a few times during test drives. in the end, you got the car you wanted, and its under full warranty.
Entaille is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealership, flase advertise, high miles, jacked, new car