Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 12-06-2008, 10:12 AM   #1
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
06 GTO or 06-07 TBSS?????

So you guys were pretty helpful in giving me some good advice on the TrailBlazer SS that I was considering.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10078

Well just a couple nights ago a very good friend of mine was contemplating putting up his 05 GTO for sale. He wants to sell it and get a 2SS Camaro! It's in mint condition, and the guy has only put some 4k miles on it since he bought it in May of 07 and it has around 19k miles on it now. Well we jumped on autotrader to see what similarly priced 05 GTO's were going for. And I noticed that they are going for low 20ks right now.

Well I first found a 06 GTO,black w black leather, 6spd manual with only 8900 miles on sitting inside a showroom at a Chevy dealer 3 minutes from my house asking $20,995 for it. And it got me to thinking, well that's about what the slightly used TrailBlazer SS's are going for that I was looking at.

They are EPA rated right around the same (sadly) and I know I'd miss not having a manual trans to drive, and I don't really need an SUV, I just wanted it for the LS2 hehe...

I do have the following concerns however. 1.) Gas, but as I stated in my previous thread I only drive an average of 100 miles a week.
2.) More than likely I'll have to drive it through the first winter, and after I saved up a couple extra k over the course of next year then maybe I'd get a winter beater...

And that's really about it. The fact that the GTO however has been out of production for the last 2 years, and the availability of spare parts getting a little harder from what I've heard, is also a concern.

But the TrailBlazer ceases production this month...

So I don't know now.... I still have a couple months to decide so I'm in no huge rush to have to make a decision, just wanted to see your opinions... Thanks!
Old 12-06-2008, 10:26 AM   #2
MCPOAJ

Drives: LS2 FD RX7
like i said on css.net CAMARO come on man trust me you'll be happier with it

Edit: i just read your reply SAVE up lol j/p honostly I used to be hardcore into GTO's then gas prices shot up and i ended up getting a cobalt but i would get the GTO if i was in your situtation or... save up for a camaro MWAHAHAHAHA
MCPOAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:10 AM   #3
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
I would go TBSS, because to me, it just looks cooler, and much meaner, IMO. Really, I think it's up to personal preference on your part. or which one you want more .
Old 12-06-2008, 11:20 AM   #4
TheClassicCarKid

Drives: V45
2010 V6 Camaro
TheClassicCarKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:40 AM   #5
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCPOAJ View Post
like i said on css.net CAMARO come on man trust me you'll be happier with it

Edit: i just read your reply SAVE up lol j/p honostly I used to be hardcore into GTO's then gas prices shot up and i ended up getting a cobalt but i would get the GTO if i was in your situtation or... save up for a camaro MWAHAHAHAHA
Yeah, I saw you post! Well only reason why I'm looking into the GTO and TBSS is because gas prices are currently down. Although I'm sure once the economy starts getting stronger the gas prices will go up. There seems to be a direct relationship with gas prices and the stock market...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Lives On View Post
I would go TBSS, because to me, it just looks cooler, and much meaner, IMO. Really, I think it's up to personal preference on your part. or which one you want more .
lol I like them both. Each have their pros and cons, but each have an LS2 so I can't go wrong there....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClassicCarKid View Post
2010 V6 Camaro
ehh, I'm trying to upgrade to something faster not slower...

But I do appreciate everyone's suggestions!

I considered it for a quick second. Well with my lease ending in a few months I'm sorta in the position to need to get a new vehicle.

So yeah I could go and buy a 2 grand car on craigslist save up for an extra year and get the Camaro SS, but when the 06 GTO is just as quick as the Camaro SS and costs 10k less used, makes me not want to wait...
Old 12-06-2008, 02:31 PM   #6
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...

I'm starting to lean towards the GTO now.

It has a 4gal smaller gas tank, it's quicker, manual and the same price.

Only concern will be for me is choosing whether to drive it yearly or save up and get a winter beater, it'll probably take me a year + to save up for one and I'll more than likely have to drive it the first winter I get it, but with the TBSS I wouldn't have to worry about another car.

I'll just wait the 16 or so weeks longer that I plan on and just see what's out there between the TBSS's and GTO's and go from there...
Old 12-06-2008, 03:05 PM   #7
roadtripper

Drives: 2006 GTO, 1974 Javelin
I would have to say, go with the GTO. We had leased an '04 GTO and we liked it so much that when the lease on it was up, we purchased an '06 GTO. Be sure to check out http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/index.php for a good source of 2004 - 2006 GTO information.
roadtripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 03:48 PM   #8
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtripper View Post
I would have to say, go with the GTO. We had leased an '04 GTO and we liked it so much that when the lease on it was up, we purchased an '06 GTO. Be sure to check out http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/index.php for a good source of 2004 - 2006 GTO information.
Thank you I just joined it today