Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-21-2013, 12:02 AM   #29
Sapper12b
HTCC Member

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
HELL YEAH .... keep this post updated. You should try and do a before and after video on how your Camaro sounds.
Sapper12b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:57 AM   #30
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Baseline dyno with the LS9 cam compared to dyno after Maggie would be cool to see.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:23 AM   #31
white1LE

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Installed charger last night. This SLP kit is great, easy install and simple instructions, highly recommend it. Also install the MSD BAP which was included in this package from Jannetty. Runs very well but have not gotten on it yet. Waiting to send a datalog to Ted so he can give me the green light to give her hell. May remote tune from a shop that has a chassis dyno just out side of town, but will do a quick one first to see if Ted thinks the dyno is necessary.
Attached Images

white1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:40 AM   #32
Sapper12b
HTCC Member

looking good !
Old 06-30-2013, 03:56 PM   #33
Sapper12b
HTCC Member

Any updates ?
Old 06-30-2013, 10:32 PM   #34
white1LE

Not really anything new. Car runs great thanks to Ted from JRE! I did 3 datalogs for him and he sent me 3 updates on the the tune, got better everytime he made an adjustment. We are to the point I need to get a wideband on the car and strap it to the dyno for WOT pulls. I'm in a dilemma though, I either rent a dyno for $350 minimum here in town and remote tune with Ted, or spend 5-$600 at Karl Chevrolet and get a full tune where someone can sit in the seat and make necessary changes that maybe Ted can't feel thru the datalog or over the phone. Not trying to take ANYTHING away from Ted at all, top notch company as everyone else has said, just looking for personal experience from any of you that have done either or.
One thing I've noticed also is the lack of monster torque down low like the roots style blowers are known for. Car drives perfect otherwise!! Can tell it makes good power but haven't really gotten on it yet, only a couple low and mid RPM pulls for datalogging for a very short burst. Sweet piece of machinery!!!
Old 07-02-2013, 10:26 AM   #35
Stingr69
'69 Owned Since '79

Drives: '69 Z/28 LeMans Blue w/White
Quote:
Originally Posted by white1LE View Post
Not really anything new. Car runs great thanks to Ted from JRE! I did 3 datalogs for him and he sent me 3 updates on the the tune, got better everytime he made an adjustment. We are to the point I need to get a wideband on the car and strap it to the dyno for WOT pulls. I'm in a dilemma though, I either rent a dyno for $350 minimum here in town and remote tune with Ted, or spend 5-$600 at Karl Chevrolet and get a full tune where someone can sit in the seat and make necessary changes that maybe Ted can't feel thru the datalog or over the phone. Not trying to take ANYTHING away from Ted at all, top notch company as everyone else has said, just looking for personal experience from any of you that have done either or.
One thing I've noticed also is the lack of monster torque down low like the roots style blowers are known for. Car drives perfect otherwise!! Can tell it makes good power but haven't really gotten on it yet, only a couple low and mid RPM pulls for datalogging for a very short burst. Sweet piece of machinery!!!
I did the remote tune with Ted and would go that route again. Ted can read the data logs and get it right where you want it. No question there.

As for the lack of low end - The Eforce blower I run is very torquey down low. (but it IS known for that). The first blind JRE email tune was much better than the Edelbrock provided tune but it took 2 more datalogs to get it really crisp. You might just need to have Ted tweak it a bit.

-Mark.
Stingr69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:06 PM   #36
old motorhead

Drives: Maggie blown LS3 vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingr69 View Post

As for the lack of low end - The Eforce blower I run is very torquey down low. (but it IS known for that). The first blind JRE email tune was much better than the Edelbrock provided tune but it took 2 more datalogs to get it really crisp. You might just need to have Ted tweak it a bit.

-Mark.
You're not going to have quite the low end torque running a cam with a 122.5 lsa. A little different cam would have made a big difference there. Can't beat the price and it is smooth though
old motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:32 PM   #37
Sapper12b
HTCC Member

would love to see some of the current data you have at the moment
Old 07-02-2013, 10:54 PM   #38
white1LE

Talked to Ted and today and he wants to finish the tune off himself. Assures me he can get it right on and I believe him. As for the low end power he thinks there is more left on the table to be had. Ordered a 3.4" pulley from Jannetty today also to lock in the 600 rwhp I'm shooting for. Next Wednesday I hit the dyno just outside of town for the final remote tune with Ted.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:22 AM   #39
Sapper12b
HTCC Member

Sounds awesome! Can't wait to see the end results.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:24 PM   #40
Sapper12b
HTCC Member

Any new updates?
Old 07-17-2013, 05:23 PM   #41
macwest

Drives: 10 Camaro 2SS/RS, 70 Cuda, 71 Cuda
I will be interested in what you get on a dyno.

I am also running a ls9 cam with edelbrock supercharger. However, I went with Texas speed heads. I added better springs just i case I wanted to swap cams later. Living in cali was my main reason on a LS9 cam it is an easy gain for a cam that will fall under the radar .
Old 07-17-2013, 07:09 PM   #42
Sapper12b
HTCC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macwest View Post
I will be interested in what you get on a dyno.

I am also running a ls9 cam with edelbrock supercharger. However, I went with Texas speed heads. I added better springs just i case I wanted to swap cams later. Living in cali was my main reason on a LS9 cam it is an easy gain for a cam that will fall under the radar .
And this is pretty much the setup Im going for myself. Got any pics of under the hood and what are you dynoed at right now ?