Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 04-26-2008, 09:48 PM   #15
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
MUWHAHAhahahah now i can steal the camaro design and sell it to the japanease? people

nice job
drivingincamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:28 AM   #16
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
That's some awesome work right there!!!!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 08:44 AM   #17
CatiaJockey

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
For those that want to play in the 3d world and not spend any hard earned Camaro downpayment, check out http://www.blender.org/ its completely free. I will warn you it has a real steep learning curve, but very powerful software.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:35 AM   #18
Kahlis
Gotta love this shit!

Drives: 1981 Camaro Z28
INCREDIBLE!!! Now add some color, reflection, and make it look like a real Camaro, and I'll have a new wallpaper!!!! Perhaps you can even put it within a picture,... Oh yeah, use the ass-end shot, and make it blue w/ white stripes!

1981 Camaro Z28- modded quite nicely !!
2005 Dodge Durango SLT HEMI- my workhorse
2002 Dodge Intrepid SE (wife's new ride)
1997 Polaris Ultra SPX SE- Winter play toy
Kahlis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:09 PM   #19
Steven Simply

Drives: 1967 Camaro
DGthe3- Thank you, it did take quite a bit of time.

Eisenhower- I used Lightwave for this, but I've been getting into AliasStudio & Maya, and may end up redoing it in one or both of those someday.

Wikkid1- I have sold & traded the model to others, as it was just to much work to just give it away, sorry.

Kahlis- I actually have done quite a few animtaions & pictures with the model already, some things are already online in different places, and some things are not yet.

Much Thanks,
Steven
Steven Simply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:13 PM   #20
Steven Simply

Drives: 1967 Camaro
Some of you may have already seen this but, here's one example of one of the things I've done with the model, there is one big difference here though
Pix
Steven Simply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:56 PM   #21
Kahlis
Gotta love this shit!

Drives: 1981 Camaro Z28
Wow, wow, wow!!! I think I just might have to buy a few! Damn shame the black/silver hard tops are out of stock,.. :( Anyone buy a few they are willing to sell?

1981 Camaro Z28- modded quite nicely !!
2005 Dodge Durango SLT HEMI- my workhorse
2002 Dodge Intrepid SE (wife's new ride)
1997 Polaris Ultra SPX SE- Winter play toy
Kahlis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 08:47 PM   #22
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
These new shots are amazing steven. Very good work.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:04 PM   #23
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Simply View Post
gtahvit

Don't let it get you to discouraged. It can be tough at times but it does get easier. Don't try anything to complicated at first, just keep things simple. What your waiting for is that moment when you realize you have a modeling philosophy that you know you can apply to anything you want to model. Eventually you get to the point where it sorta becomes like the Matrix, where everything you look at is in a green code/wireframe, and you don't have to think about it anymore, you just see it. First though, you have to learn the programs of course, and I think that can take the bulk of the time, just trying to remember where the right tools are and what they all do, keyboard shortcuts, etc. Just stick with it, and don't hesitate to ask me any questions, I'll be glad to help. In all honesty though, I'm somewhat surprised you didn't go with Maya, or one of the other more popular programs. I've been getting into Maya mostly for its NURBS tools, which Lightwave doesn't have and seriously needs. I love Lightwave for polygonal modeling though, but since it doesn't have NURBS tools, I've been playing with another program called MoI, which can export to Lightwave. It is so unbelievably easy to use, and fun too oddly enough. You can download a couple of different trial versions of that here. If you decide you like Lightwave, you may not want to get to comfortable with it just yet, I don't know which version you have, but 9.5 is supposed to be coming out soon, and is supposed to have some big differences tool wise, specifically things like the lighting system, which for all I know you may not have even used yet. If you haven't already checked this place out yet, this is the Newtek Lightwave forum, where you can find a lot of help and just general Lightwave what nots. Most importantly of all, just remember to have fun!
Awesome, thanks for the insight and offer to help. I'm still just working with some online tutorials that are great for helping me see the space and the difference between the object and the environment. As I get a little more experience I will certainly be pinging you with questions.

Thanks,
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:50 AM   #24
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Very nice. I can always use more pictures to add to my 2009 Camaro album on my computer ;D

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote