Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 05-29-2013, 03:04 PM   #29
BigMatt
2010 Camaro 2 SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to BigMatt
Get yourself a tick speed bleeder too. You will thank me later.
Forged LS3, FED M311 heads, CAI Inc, ARH 1 7/8, Corsa Xtreme, Taylor Wires, MGW Shifter, Street slayer twin carbon clutch, Tick braided clutch line & speed bleeder, ZL1 Diff Swap, BMR Split drop, Sway Bars, Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Pro bushing kit, Carslyle racing 15in conversion, Whipple, LPE dual fuel pumps, Rx catch can, Id1300x, Alky Control
BigMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:21 PM   #30
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuitpie View Post
The dealer said it wasn't a hydraulic issue but they wouldn't open up the tranny for free so its on the way to a performance shop right now. Won't know anything till next week though.
Sorry to hear about that. We would definitely like to hear the latest on the repair. Keep us updated!

Regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-30-2013, 11:02 PM   #31
gnturboray

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS LS3 LPE750
Quote:
Originally Posted by quincy speeder View Post
I've gone through alot of clutches in my Vette, some very expensive. As of now I use the Mcleod RXT in both vehicle's and has been the best clutch in my opinion. Been in my Vette for 2 years so far- longest of any clutch.
Agree!
gnturboray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:17 AM   #32
Biscuitpie

Drives: '11 Cammed LS3, '14 Scion FRS
So the shop that has my car (HPP) called me and told me they were rolling my car into the shop to store it for the weekend and they heard a clunking sound. They looked under it and saw in a matter of seconds that an axle was broken... It's amazing that the dealership supposedly put it on the lift and attempted to "diagnose" the issue but they best they could come up with was the clutch. I'm glad I decided to pay a real shop instead. Thanks for all of the suggestions though.

Matt @ FSP has been really helpful the whole time. I had actually ordered the clutch from him already and he cancelled it and took the hit on shipping because I didn't need it. So I'm buying the axles from him not only because of his great service, but also because his prices weren't beatable.

SOLD with a Z06 in the not too distant future: Cammed, boltons, axles, lowered, and more. | 476 WHP
Biscuitpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:36 AM   #33
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
So the shop that has my car (HPP) called me and told me they were rolling my car into the shop to store it for the weekend and they heard a clunking sound. They looked under it and saw in a matter of seconds that an axle was broken... It's amazing that the dealership supposedly put it on the lift and attempted to "diagnose" the issue but they best they could come up with was the clutch. I'm glad I decided to pay a real shop instead. Thanks for all of the suggestions though.

Matt @ FSP has been really helpful the whole time. I had actually ordered the clutch from him already and he cancelled it and took the hit on shipping because I didn't need it. So I'm buying the axles from him not only because of his great service, but also because his prices weren't beatable.
Aren't some dealers amazing? Glad you figured out the issue. And if you do decide to upgrade the clutch, I have the Mantic 9000 and it's a fantastic clutch. The fact that you get an SFI approved billet steel flywheel with it that only weighs 15 lbs makes it all the better. Here's a link to my project thread which shows the clutch and other things that might be useful to you:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=45165&page=10

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:53 AM   #34
Biscuitpie

Drives: '11 Cammed LS3, '14 Scion FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Aren't some dealers amazing? Glad you figured out the issue. And if you do decide to upgrade the clutch, I have the Mantic 9000 and it's a fantastic clutch. The fact that you get an SFI approved billet steel flywheel with it that only weighs 15 lbs makes it all the better. Here's a link to my project thread which shows the clutch and other things that might be useful to you:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=45165&page=10

I've been to your thread a few times, it's very informative and I really like what you've done with your car. I will definitely get the Mantic if I ever need a clutch, but does the single disc have similar weight savings or even better?

SOLD with a Z06 in the not too distant future: Cammed, boltons, axles, lowered, and more. | 476 WHP
Biscuitpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:05 PM   #35
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
I've been to your thread a few times, it's very informative and I really like what you've done with your car. I will definitely get the Mantic if I ever need a clutch, but does the single disc have similar weight savings or even better?
No the single disc is heavier than the twin, but it's still lighter than the stock clutch. The stock clutch weighs 57.1 lbs. Mantic indicates their single disc weighs 46 lbs. The Mantic twin 9000 weighs 35.1. Losing 11 lbs of rotational weight in the clutch/flywheel with the single disc will definitely improve acceleration and allow more hp to get to the rear wheels. It won't be quite as touchy to get the car started either although it didn't take me very long to adjust to the 22 lbs of weight loss with the Mantic twin.

I've been very impressed with the quality and engineering of the Mantic clutch and I've had zero problems with it. It's performed flawlessly during maximum acceleration through 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th while on the main straight at the speedway; lap after lap after lap.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:37 PM   #36
H-E
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
Quote:
Well im glad your getting taken care of,i would also cation you on going with to LITE of a clutch set up,we just finished a 8.5lb setup lol but its only for a few very specific setups. Very very few would benifit from a lite setup on the clutch in a stock weight camaro
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote