Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-13-2014, 12:52 PM   #1
Stormwalker
Lacks clever title

Drives: 2014 Summit White 2SS/RS
Nanoha - The White Devil lives

So... I don't have the cash on hand some folks do, so mods to my car are likely to be slow and stretched out over time. But I do have ideas for her, a couple of which I've already implemented, so I thought I'd create a thread to document the changes as she takes shape.

Here she was, basically off the dealer lot. Beautiful already, no doubt:

Still, as much as I loved her just like that, I knew I'd end up doing some things to make her my own.

The first change is one I don't have pictures of yet, because I'm not quite happy with how I have it set up - an Apex catch can. Right now I have the basic hoses with it, but I think I'm going to go to the braided ones. Also, I'm not happy with how I have the hoses routed right now. Pictures of that will come when I correct those.

The second change, I finally got done on Monday. With the help of the fine folks at Big Worm Graphix, my car takes on an aspect of her namesake.

The photos are also by Big Worm Graphix. I've taken a few myself, but these are better pictures than mine.

The personalized plates are coming; they'll be blue Texas plates with the big white star on the side and her name "NANOHA".

I'm really thrilled with how the stripes came out. I've always liked the blue-on-white look, it's a classic muscle car color scheme, and this blue has proven to be absolutely perfect.

Probably the next improvements (when I find myself with money) will be some engine bay dress-up.

--

A side note, about the name:
Takamachi Nanoha is an anime character best known for wielding extremely high-powered magic and for turning her enemies into her friends (usually after blasting the hell out of them first!). Her catchphrase "Zenryoku Zenkai!" means "Full Power!", but it can also be read "Total Destruction!", one of the factors which contributes to the fan nickname, "The White Devil".

Here's a picture of the character as she appears in her current ongoing manga:

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3, 1965 Mustang coupe (289/auto), 1987 Kawasaki Vulcan 88
Stormwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 09:12 PM   #2
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Stormwalker,

What a nice start to this thread. I love the color scheme you have. As far as having cash falling out of your pockets....just do what you can. It will be the way you want it, and when it is all said and done...who else do you have to impress?...

Impressed?? I am...Nicely done...

Kurt ABL99...
Old 07-13-2014, 09:20 PM   #3
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Check my thread, the Apex can hose routing can, in my mind, a bit better than how they direct.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:47 PM   #4
Buck Heard

Drives: 2012 Victory Red 1SS/RS
Very cool. Love the anime/manga influence. You need to continue that through the car somehow!
Buck Heard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:18 AM   #5
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13

Drives: 2011 SS/RS Blown & Cammed LS3
Sweet stripes, I love white an blue. the color combo just POPS!!!
Old 07-14-2014, 10:43 AM   #6
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behic2320 View Post
Sweet stripes, I love white an blue. the color combo just POPS!!!
Again....What Grant said.....^^^^^

Kurt ABL99...