Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 09-15-2009, 10:39 PM   #1
jbgz28

Drives: 2010BL on BL/2ss/rs/sunroof/6M
Best excuse to get out of ticket?

Excuse 1: When my wife an I got married, we each had a cat and dog. My wifes cat, Kitty Mom was declawed. Brandy, My Siamese was not. We(my wife)decided that brandy needed to get declawed so their fights were fair. Brandy was a bantam weight going up against a heavy weight. Anyway, got Brandy declawed. She came home for a few days. She seemed to be having a lot of pain. It stands to reason--we woud have pain if someone pulled off our fingernails. I called the vet, a personal friend. He said bring her on up to the clinic and I will check on her. I took her to vet in my Teal Green 94 z28. He examined her and gave her a cat nonsteroidal shot. I took her back home and let her out of her cage. She ran back to the bedroom where my wife was. My wife yells, John come here. I run in to see Brandy foaming at the mouth. Obviously an allergic reaction from the medication. I scoop her up and put her into her cage. I get in the z28 and rush off to the vet. I turn right onto Langley and gun the car. I see the police and pull over. He asks what's my hurry. I reply My cat is having an allergic reaction to medication and I am trying to get her to the vet. He looks back at brandy foaming at the mouth and lets me go. He follows me to the clinic.

Excuse 2. My daughter was about 3 years old. She stayed at my mother in laws house for a day. She came home late at night. It was bedtime. She wanted her Barney Doll. No Barney doll at our house. Yes, it was left at grandma ducks. I set out at 10pm to get the Barney doll. It is the one that would talk. In any event, I was driving down the dark road to Garson Point Bridge. No lights. I see something in my peripheral vision as I am driving my z28 going around 75 mph. That something was the police. Where do you live? I live in Pensacola. Why are you going to Gulf Breeze so late at night? My daughter left her Barney doll at my mother in law's house and is crying for her doll. This police officer obviously did not have any kids. He gave me the ticket. This was an expensive Barney doll. To make things even worse, she was asleep by the time I got home anyway.
jbgz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:07 PM   #2
bluecamaroguy

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS ABM!
Just depends on the cop.

A couple of years ago there was a story on a guy whose wife was having a baby and he was speeding to get to the hospital. He got pulled over and the officer told him he didn't care if his wife was having a baby in the car you get a ticket anyway.
bluecamaroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:29 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
of the excuses you gave, #1 MIGHT get you out of the ticket, just depends on the traffic or teh officer. if you tried #2, you would get the ticket 100% of the time. IMHO
Old 09-16-2009, 07:37 AM   #4
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
I think both are terrible excuses. A sick cat? A kids toy? No I don't have kids, nor do i particularly care for cats so I guess I am not the one to comment on this. I wouldn't let a cat foaming at the mouth in my car!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:44 AM   #5
Asylum
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Black on Black Manual 6
- My girlfriend now ex, just admitted to me that she cheated on me and all I want to do is get home (or see a friend) and try to not kill myself over the whole ordeal.

- I walked in on my girlfriend / wife with another man and instead of killing them I decided its best if I went for a drive I know I'm speeding and Im sorry i just wanted to calm down and get away from the situation.

- I just left (insert name) and she told me she tested positive for HIV today.. we slept together 3 nights ago and im scared shitless all I want to do is go home and sleep so i can fast forward to tomororw and get tested.

Use these at your own risk...
Asylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:47 AM   #6
Susantroy1
To All Veterans

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asylum View Post
- My girlfriend now ex, just admitted to me that she cheated on me and all I want to do is get home (or see a friend) and try to not kill myself over the whole ordeal.

- I walked in on my girlfriend / wife with another man and instead of killing them I decided its best if I went for a drive I know I'm speeding and Im sorry i just wanted to calm down and get away from the situation.

- I just left (insert name) and she told me she tested positive for HIV today.. we slept together 3 nights ago and im scared shitless all I want to do is go home and sleep so i can fast forward to tomororw and get tested.

Use these at your own risk...

holy crap Batman!!
Susantroy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:15 AM   #7
IROC'D
Momma's Happy....

Drives: 2SS,M6,Summit White, gray int
I have a good one and the officer made it up for me. One night I was at a stop light coming home from the grocery store. I had my Newfoundland dog with me as body guard. When I would go out after dark my husband would tell me to bring Beau with me. Anyway, I was stopped at a red-light in my 90 IROC and a guy in an Explorer pulled up next to me and punched the gas when the light turned green. I always had to be the first off the line. So I hit the gas but never got over the speed limit. Almost immediately I saw the red and blue lights in my mirror so I pulled over. After getting the speech about how racing is a 12 point violation and that I could lose my license. Big old Beau sticks his head out the window and lets the officer pet him. So, the officer tells me that since I have such a nice dog he’s going to let me go with just a warning.

2010 2SS Ordered 7/20/09
Delivered 10/1/2009!!!!!
IROC'D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:28 AM   #8
levi1922

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
haha, cops here get annoyed with excuses.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:32 AM   #9
GaryTucker

Drives: 09 Vette GT1, 06 350Z, 82 MSE
How about this one?

You've gotta pay to play. Yes officer I was speeding. Have mercy on me.

I've always considered speeding to be much like modding a car under warranty- You can buy all the radar detectors you want (Magnuson-Moss for mods), but if you get caught...you pay. Now I can get an attorney to defend me in either case, but the other guy (city, state or dealership) has deeper pockets...so will I win? Just a chance I have to take.

I guess I'm going to be called old or a nut for this comment, but I have to admit I've lost my patience for people that don't want to take responsibility for their actions. I'm not saying you shouldn't speed-I'm saying take responsibility. You want the guy who robbed the bank to be punished-maybe he just needed to eat. Think about that next time you say "awww, I shouldn't have got a ticket, I had to get to work."

For the record, my excuse posted above resulted in a $150 reduction in my ticket($250 down to $100). Gotta love small town speed traps (speed limit dropped from 65 to 45 in less than 100 yards...got caught exceeding the speed limit and said something along the lines of the comment above. The officer ran my record-no tickets in 10 years, still wrote me the ticket and invited me back to go to court to get it reduced...but I still got the ticket and I deserved it.
GaryTucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:38 AM   #10
gatorsrule

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Silver Metallic
Being a cop I can tell you the best way to get out of a ticket. If I stop someone and they are HONEST and don't give any BS excuse I always let them out of the ticket. We understand that if you have to pee or your wife is having a baby or something honest like that then we can identify. Believe it or not we are people too but we can tell when most people are lying. Its not hard.
gatorsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:51 AM   #11
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTucker View Post
How about this one?

You've gotta pay to play. Yes officer I was speeding. Have mercy on me.
I used this several years back and got it reduced A LOT.

She... yes a cool female cop... pulled me over in my yellow C5 for speeding. She got me fair and square. The last thought that went through my head before "DAMN A COP" was "WHOA THIS IS FAST!" So i pulled over before she even put on the lights, she walked up to the car and thanked me. I said for what. She said stopping. I said, oh you got me fair and square. I gave her my info and said please take it easy on me. She said she would but I was getting a ticket. She came back and wrote me for like 19 over so I could avaoid going to court. She said just mail it in, no problems. I asked how fast I was really going, she said last time she looked it clocked 96 but you were well over 100 before you slowed down. I thanked her, she thanked me again, told me I had a nice car and told me to be careful with it...

Politeness, respect and acknowledge that they (cops, esp. females) are people too. The fact that she was hot didn't hurt me being nice to her!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:49 AM   #12
MrIcky

Drives: Dodge Ram Megacab & Cobalt SS
I'm really sorry, but I REALLY have to pee...
MrIcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:53 AM   #13
benjaminkeith
Uber Member

Drives: 2SS/RS Blk/Blk 6spd
Send a message via Yahoo to benjaminkeith
Actual excuse spoken to the officer: "Your mom AND girlfriend just called and said if I get over to your house in the next 30 minutes they'd tag team me."

I got pulled over a few years ago while visiting my hometown. Now, my hometown is SMALL, with a disproportionate police force with NOTHING to do but pull people over at night. As it's a small town, the speed limit goes from 55 down to 20 (yes, I said TWENTY) in a span of 300 yards. PERFECT place for cops to sit and catch people.

I came buzzing in around 2am, and started my normal braking procedure where I knew where the cops sit at night. Little did I know, the town had recently been annexed and they MOVED the 20MPH sign, giving you EVEN LESS time to brake down from 55.

Blue lights.

"ARRRGH"

I got my paperwork together before he made it to the window and waited. And waited. And waited. Finally, he walked up and asked for my license and registration.

I IMMEDIATELY recognized his voice. I leaned forward and squinted out my window to get a better view of his name tag. It was one of my GOOD friends from high school! I had NO IDEA he was a cop!

He obviously wasn't paying attention to my info (or didn't see my name) and so he started into the, "What's your hurry tonight?" line of questions.

That's when I dropped the bomb, "Your mom AND girlfriend just called and said if I get over to your house in the next 30 minutes they'd tag team me."

Silence. LOOONG uncomfortable silence.

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME, SIR?!?!?'' He yelled.

Oh crap, I thought. This IS the same guy I went to high school with, RIGHT?!?! Did I just ROYALLY screw up? Great, if it's not him, I guess I'm gonna have to let me taser me so we're even.

"GET OUT OF THE CAR SIR!" He ordered, stepping back slowly with his hand on his holster.

"GREAT. It WASN'T him," I thought, "and now he's gonna draw down on me for insulting his girlfriend AND his mom! This isn't the way I pictured me going out."

I quickly wiped the smirk from my face that I had triumphantly planted there, and started sweating. I opened the car door, and SLOWLY... with my hands where he could see them, got out of the car.

"Put your hands down, Sir, and put them in your pockets." He bellowed.

"Huh?" I asked.

"Put your hands in your pockets Sir. It'll look better on the cruiser video if I shoot you with your hands in your pockets. That way I can say you were reaching for a weapon."

Then he smiled and stepped forward and gave me a great big hug. He remembered me after all.

After I changed my pants (from soiling them) and his shift was over, we hung out and got some drinks. He told me that the reason he took so long to come up to the window after he stopped me was because he was checking my record. He recognized the name associated to the plates and wanted to make sure it was me before he screwed with me.

Not all cops are dicks, but he is.
3000, Order accepted by production control (5.7.09)
3100, Order available to sequence (5.14.09)
3300, Order scheduled for production (6.16.09)-TPW 6.29.09
3400, Order broadcast (6.30.09)
3800, Order produced (7.02.09) - 2G1FT1EWXA9123955
4000, Available to ship (7.06.09)
4200, Shipped (7.06.09) - RC# GTW 310094
4800, Rail Ramp Unload (7.22.09)
5000, Delivered to the dealer (7.23.09)
6000, Delivered to the customer (7.23.09)
benjaminkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:22 PM   #14
jbgz28

Drives: 2010BL on BL/2ss/rs/sunroof/6M
Real

These were actual events. Cat got me off. Barney did not.
jbgz28 is offline   Reply With Quote