Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-07-2012, 01:04 PM   #15
blade_ss

Drives: '12 AGM 2SS/RS M6 & 05 Mazda3
The time has finally come and I picked up my brand new Ashen grey metallic SS Thursday night.

Now its time to drive her!!!!

Mind you this is my first high horsepower rear wheel drive car other then the truck I drove when I was younger. And she gets up and hauls. The hurst shifter is so smooth and easy love the interior and HUD.

Already had my first bad dream about something happening, the dream was about the automatic gate at my apartment complex closing on the car as I drove through it.

Heritage grill is in the mail, vinyl emblem overlays in the mail, installing side marker black outs today and skip shift eliminator this week.

I also just ordered a personalized plate that will read ASHEN SS

The pictures are of my fiance and I taking delivery and then a few pictures I took at work.
Attached Images

Old 04-07-2012, 03:24 PM   #16
KidKilowatt

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
I passed an Ashen grey yesterday, it is a super nice color !! Nice ride ! Congrats !
2011 LLT RS Black on Black Loaded. [x]Showstopper 45th Anniversary inspired Camaro RS Stripes, [x] MPD1 Spoiler, [x] GM Heritage Grille. [x] Removed RS and Bowtie Emblems. [x] 30% Tinted Headlight Armour DRL's. [X ] Ruff Racing R954 Wheels [X] Solo Cat Back Mach X-LLT Exhaust [X ] Vmax Ported throttle body [x] Halo SC Reverse Hood Kit [x] Showstopper Painted, Modded Engine Cover [x] Cold Air Inductions CAI [x] Tinted Tails and Black Bezels [x] Megan Racing Street Series Coilovers [x] Belltech F&R Sways
Check out my build thread!
http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212178
KidKilowatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:48 PM   #17
blade_ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidKilowatt View Post
I passed an Ashen grey yesterday, it is a super nice color !! Nice ride ! Congrats !
Thanks.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:12 PM   #18
blade_ss

I got some awesome goodies in the mail yesterday, courtesy of maureenM@rodgerschevrolet. A new heritage grille will be installing tomorrow and will be taking pictures of the install.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:33 AM   #19
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Where's the Mods? LOL

Marcus it was great getting together with you tonight to work on your new ride and add some mods! Also fantastic seeing your parents again.

I will have the DVD with photos for you tomorrow and might be able to drop it off at your work. Your car is super nice and clean. The new ashen gray color is awesome. Looking forward to hooking up with you and rolling into the car show on Sunday together. I hope the rain is finally behind us. See you soon and thanks again for having me over to help out with the mod installs.

Jim

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:26 AM   #20
Jeff_SS
"Cam Only"

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Where in Socal if you don't mind me asking?
2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS M6 | LSA Blower, 2.5" pulley, 10% lower, FIC1000's, Fore Innovations Twin Pump fuel system w/ Flex Fuel, CMS Custom Grind Cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers w/ catless off-road pipes, NPP Exhaust, 3.91's, JLT ZL1 Intake, Prospeed Heat Exchanger | Pfadt Suspension, 1LE Sway Bars | DSS 1000hp axles |
Tuned by Ryne @ CMS E85: 734rwhp/636rwtq (mustang dyno)
Jeff_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 06:40 PM   #21
blade_ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krate View Post
Marcus it was great getting together with you tonight to work on your new ride and add some mods! Also fantastic seeing your parents again.

I will have the DVD with photos for you tomorrow and might be able to drop it off at your work. Your car is super nice and clean. The new ashen gray color is awesome. Looking forward to hooking up with you and rolling into the car show on Sunday together. I hope the rain is finally behind us. See you soon and thanks again for having me over to help out with the mod installs.

Jim
No thank you Jim, for helping me out!!!! The grill turns the car into a whole different animal. I will be giving her a bath tonight in preparation for the show tomorrow.

So when are we going to put yours in???
Old 04-14-2012, 06:40 PM   #22
blade_ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_SS View Post
Where in Socal if you don't mind me asking?
Simi valley. You?
Old 04-14-2012, 06:49 PM   #23
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade_ss View Post
No thank you Jim, for helping me out!!!! The grill turns the car into a whole different animal. I will be giving her a bath tonight in preparation for the show tomorrow.

So when are we going to put yours in???

This might very well be the next mod. It was so awesome comparing them in person with before and after! I cannot believe the difference. I saw another SS today that had a Heritage and I was drooling. As I said before, I don't know why they didn't make it standard equipment! It looks THAT good.

Simi Valley, CA
Old 04-20-2012, 01:13 AM   #24
blade_ss

Finally getting the time to update my build journal. Although it may be short everything is done to make the car better and is staying within my budget.

OrangeKrate (Jim) and I spend last Friday night installing 2 new mods to my camaro. The first was a skip shift eliminator courtesy of Apex-Speed. The second was the installation of my color matched heritage grille.

The skip shift eliminator was pretty easy to install. We did however have minor fight with the heat shield which resulted in a cut finger but a hammer fixed that one, (the heat shield that is).

Next we moved onto the installation of the heritage grill. It was not overly difficult just tedious because of the placement of the bolts. Everything seems much more difficult to remove then it does to reinstall

Picture 1. the beast waiting for the transformation

Picture 2. The beast up on jack stands, also showing the 2 bolts to remove under the front fascia.

Picture 3. Shows the many tabs 6 to be exact that need to be removed on the top under the hood.

Picture 4. shows the amount of travel the suspension has.

Picture 5. Have to keep everything organized.

Picture 6. Showing how the pop tabs come out.

Picture 7. Me removing some of the bolts from the fender well.

Picture 8. This is how she looks under the disguise of the front fascia.

Picture 9. All Done!!!! Still a beast and she looks great with the new grill.

Lastly, the windows were tinted today and I haven't decided if I want to reattach the SS emblem.
Attached Images

Old 04-20-2012, 10:25 AM   #25
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Looking Good!

Nice build thread... coming along quickly. Love that grille! I can't wait to see the Blade with tinted windows. We are up in SLO County in Orange Krate at Madonna Inn celebrating 25th anniversary! So fun with wife and car together on the road again! See you all soon.

Simi Valley, CA
Old 05-13-2012, 12:31 AM   #26
blade_ss

I washed the car up last week and went to my favorite photo spot on Decker canyon and took a bunch of pictures. This is how they turned out.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:33 AM   #27
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
Hey man grille looks much better and cooler ,I just ordered the same grille minus the chevy bowtie for my CGM ,did you paint yours or you got it like that?
DIY is priceless man I'm sure u enjoyed every second of it.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:02 AM   #28
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade_ss View Post
I washed the car up last week and went to my favorite photo spot on Decker canyon and took a bunch of pictures. This is how they turned out.
Looking great! Fantastic.

Simi Valley, CA