Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 11-22-2013, 09:56 AM   #841
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devryn17 View Post
You must be playing as a cop then?
I started out as a cop (a C7 kept getting away from me within an inch of being busted so I gave up, lol) then switched to racer. Did a head to head with someone that had a better car and in the last turn while we were drifting I nudged/blocked him into hitting oncoming traffic then NOS'd my way to the finish line.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:59 AM   #842
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, CGM w/ Silver Stripes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgndryhr View Post
I started out as a cop (a C7 kept getting away from me within an inch of being busted so I gave up, lol) then switched to racer. Did a head to head with someone that had a better car and in the last turn while we were drifting I nudged/blocked him into hitting oncoming traffic then NOS'd my way to the finish line.
LOL If this was a Facebook post it would have been liked!

C7 is my car of choice right now. I do get a little tired of losing all of my SP all the time though.

Momma didn't bronze my shoes, but when I turned 16 I inherited a lead foot.
Devryn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:00 AM   #843
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgndryhr View Post
Id be pretty pissed as well and call you a dirty racer but hell it is online and crap does happen with lag and what not. I prefer the Clean racing trying not to spin the other person or hit them but since it was the last turn id give you a pass on that. lol.
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:03 AM   #844
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverlsinva View Post
Id be pretty pissed as well and call you a dirty racer but hell it is online and crap does happen with lag and what not. I prefer the Clean racing trying not to spin the other person or hit them but since it was the last turn id give you a pass on that. lol.
Well NFS Rivals (and Most Wanted from 2012) are really just Burnout games. The whole point is to wreck out the other guy.

Old 11-22-2013, 10:28 AM   #845
Silverlsinva

True but I find it more rewarding to win by not crashing into someone and just beating them on just pure skill than well I can spin his ass out and easily cruise to the win and not try. This is why when I do racing games online I try to play mostly with my friends cause we have the same thought process until the last turn. Which you said it was so its ok then but not like at the beginning of a race or even middle. I dunno its just how I like to race but if someone crashes me I can be very vengeful over many different races. Its how I like to do it in GTA online racing.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #846
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Quote:
True but I find it more rewarding to win by not crashing into someone and just beating them on just pure skill than well I can spin his ass out and easily cruise to the win and not try. This is why when I do racing games online I try to play mostly with my friends cause we have the same thought process until the last turn. Which you said it was so its ok then but not like at the beginning of a race or even middle. I dunno its just how I like to race but if someone crashes me I can be very vengeful over many different races. Its how I like to do it in GTA online racing.
It doesn't bother me to race a little dirty in games made for it, but I used to Play that moto GP game on 360 and it drove me CRAZY when people got over aggressive, especially when 1/2 the racers ended up crashing out in the first tenth of a mile because of the asshole dirty racers.

Old 11-22-2013, 10:37 AM   #847
Silverlsinva

I can see your point if this was like Grand turismo then it would be very frustrating but yea Rivals is a more aggressive playstyle. But still winning clean is more rewarding but I can bash and bang with the best of them when needed. I will say I was quite aggressive whenever I played a nascar game in my way just move the person out the way lol. Ever play the paintball mode in I believe one of the first nascar games? Made for some very interesting races between friends.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:44 AM   #848
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Quote:
I can see your point if this was like Grand turismo then it would be very frustrating but yea Rivals is a more aggressive playstyle. But still winning clean is more rewarding but I can bash and bang with the best of them when needed. I will say I was quite aggressive whenever I played a nascar game in my way just move the person out the way lol. Ever play the paintball mode in I believe one of the first nascar games? Made for some very interesting races between friends.

Old 11-22-2013, 11:11 AM   #849
Silverlsinva

If I do ever get NFS rivals ill be more inclined to be the cop most of the time maybe make a good name for myself online as the best cop or something lol.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:38 PM   #850
MikeMoach

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
I thought I remember hearing that if I'm playing a game and put my system into standby mode I would be able to just turn my system back on and start exactly where I left off

I just did that and it didn't work out, I saved the game before I tried it but stinks it closed the game app and didn't work
MikeMoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:40 PM   #851
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMoach View Post
I thought I remember hearing that if I'm playing a game and put my system into standby mode I would be able to just turn my system back on and start exactly where I left off

I just did that and it didn't work out, I saved the game before I tried it but stinks it closed the game app and didn't work
That was an announced feature of the console in February, but before the console came out Sony clarified this feature wouldn't make launch, but will be implemented later.

Old 11-22-2013, 02:04 PM   #852
MikeMoach

Quote:
That was an announced feature of the console in February, but before the console came out Sony clarified this feature wouldn't make launch, but will be implemented later.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:11 PM   #853
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMoach View Post
Meh...Not too big a thing, though it would be handy in Killzone...That being said, the XBone launched without 5.1 or 7.1 audio support.

Old 11-22-2013, 02:14 PM   #854
MikeMoach

Quote:
Meh...Not too big a thing, though it would be handy in Killzone...That being said, the XBone launched without 5.1 or 7.1 audio support.
Would be handy with any game, especially with remote play can start up again anywhere

And that's just wrong