Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-26-2021, 05:02 PM   #1
alex076

Drives: TBD
Carvana stripped most of the mods off this car!

I had listed my 2013 HWSE 2LT Coupe for sale back in October on the forum and it was in great shape with 52,652 miles. I was asking $20,000.00 for it which I felt was reasonable. It had very few modifications: matte black 18 inch wheels with Falken Azenis FK450's, axle back exhaust, zl1 addons lift points, defenderworx camaro matte black locking fuel door, ventvisor wind deflectors, kicker subwoofer in trunk with remote bass knob mounted on driver side console, weathertech floor liners in front, gennsi led drl's with harness, gm oe strut tower brace.

Fast forward to now: Carvana bought my car, they stripped some of the mods off and also damaged the driver side door! It's listed for sale now on Carvana for $23,990.00 with a total cash price of around $25,677.00. They took the subwoofer and its custom enclosure out of the trunk, they removed the locking fuel door and replaced it with a generic blue door that doesn't even seem to be a matching kinetic blue paint color, they removed the weathertech front floor liners and most disturbingly, they damaged the driver door and "repaired" it with a noticeably different shade of blue paint!

Maybe someone has some insight on Carvana protocols regarding "reconditioning" of cars that are sold to them? When I sold this car to them, it was in great condition and the mods on the car were carefully done. I have done business with Carvana in the past, in both selling and buying cars, but now I wonder why they would remove modifications from a vehicle that enhanced the vehicle. If someone from here is buying this car from Carvana, you might want to ask them the same thing.

Carvana listing:
https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/2102358

In fairness, from looking at the listing pictures, Carvana did leave the gennsi led drl's, 18 inch wheels, gm oe strut tower brace and the ventvisors on the car.

Pictures of how the car appeared when I sold it to Carvana:
Attached Images

Last edited by alex076; 12-26-2021 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Upload pictures
alex076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 07:14 PM   #2
Bigdumogre

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Easier to sell without locking fuel door and subs
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - CSP Custom Cam 232/240 .615/.615 113 +3, Texas speed CNC heads, FTI billet triple disc converter, K&N cai, Katech ported TB, GPI Ported/rod modded manifold, Texas speed 1 7/8 headers, HFC, Flowmaster 2 chambers with x pipe, Mishimoto CC, MSD wires, Roto fab washer relocation, tru cool 40k trans cooler, apex scoop, Pedders extreme coil overs and much more!!
Bigdumogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 07:27 PM   #3
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
They try to sell cars, trucks etc as close to possible in "stock" form. So things like a aftermarket stereo or floor mats will be removed. If a car is heavily modded, chances are they will just send it to a auction and unload it as fast as possible. When I bought my 1le, they removed the alpine amp, and locking lug nut kit. The previous owner left the stock amp in the trunk which carmax then reinstalled. They didn't take and remove the Lloyd floor mats even though the stock ones were still in the trunk oddly enough. Fortunately they didn't cause any damage to my car. They did go cheap with the 4 lug nuts though. Pretty sure they were the POS dorman ones. They were tossed shortly after the car got home.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 05:28 PM   #4
ronwc
2011 Camaro RS conv

Drives: 2011 camaro rs
Most people, including me, do not want modified cars. While I think you Camaro looked great, I'm sure you've seen the car going down the road with a 6 foot tall wing, stick on SS emblems, fake hood scoops and ugly wheels. That was that guys mods that he paid good money for, and he thinks his car is the best looking thing on the road.

What I'm getting at is that mods are personal, to each his own. But as a general rule, most people just want bone stock cars.
ronwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 10:00 PM   #5
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
If I was to buy this camaro. The only thinng I would take off is those window vent shades and break them up, not to sell.