Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #71
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleLife View Post
I'm sorry to hear that man, that sucks : (.

I was able to speak to GM as well and the Customer Srv rep said he spoke with both dealerships and has taken note of all my concerns (engine issues further down the road, especially after my warranty is up), and communications. They said that I should just keep driving it and if the sound gets louder at all to take it in and go from there. I was left feeling "Ok, if I've got several service techs saying that the problem is not huge then maybe I can live with it. And if it gets worse, then I have the backing of GM to get it fixed"....

But your post makes me a little fearful of if this contact with GM Customer Service actually does anything to help out (since the resources promised to you weren't there) or it's just to un-ruffle feathers temporarily and all a PR show.

There's still the issue of my onstar lights coming on occasionally while driving (picture link below), the gauge bezel breaking (I've been told fixing that involves taking the entire dash apart so I'm not sure it's worth the risk of having a rattling dashboard the rest of the life of the car), occasional rattling from rear seat, and the VERY rough shifting when the transmission is cold (and once a month grinding despite the clutch being to the floor).

I have decided though, that I am going to go get the engine Dyno'd, and if it's making any noticeable amount of power less than it should be then that tells me the engine issue isn't small and harmless.

Obligatory Conspiracy Theory given recent events: Maybe the lights are on because the NSA is listening to me.... Next time I see them on I should ask them for a Job lol
You do know the lights you are posting in the above pics are normal, don't you? They are on when it's bright out and dim when dark. This is a pic of the problamtic onstar light (the lights in your pic are normal):

As for the speedo bezel, as much as that bothers me I would never let them replace the entire dash for it. It's in there very tight, just one of those things that once seen, you cannot stop looking at it.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:46 PM   #72
NoleLife

Drives: 2013 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
You do know the lights you are posting in the above pics are normal, don't you? They are on when it's bright out and dim when dark. This is a pic of the problamtic onstar light (the lights in your pic are normal):

As for the speedo bezel, as much as that bothers me I would never let them replace the entire dash for it. It's in there very tight, just one of those things that once seen, you cannot stop looking at it.
The one you just posted - happens to me as well, though less often. The lights I posted go on and off a repeatedly in a single driving session in broad daylight or dark (sometimes only 1 or 2 on, other times all)

Exactly. It bothers me, and I know it's there -- but my friend Ive shown it to, and my dad, both said they would never have noticed it if I hadn't pointed it out. Taking the dash apart risks breaking other of the plastics, having a loose fit that rattles, or something coming loose or breaking down the line and I don't want to take that chance for something so minor.
NoleLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:46 PM   #73
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Quote:
The one you just posted - happens to me as well, though less often. The lights I posted go on and off a repeatedly in a single driving session in broad daylight or dark (sometimes only 1 or 2 on, other times all)
Just and FYI- What you are saying is normal, they are light sensitive. These sensor was just made to sensitive, lol

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 06-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #74
NoleLife

Drives: 2013 2SS M6
Quote:
Just and FYI- What you are saying is normal, they are light sensitive. These sensor was just made to sensitive, lol

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Ah, well that makes me feel *slightly* better. When I showed it to a service tech dropping by to price something they said "Hmm, that shouldnt be on. Make an appointment to bring it in". When he saw it, *only* the SOS light was on.

However, I have had the light with the ! mark you posted on before a couple times recently... Both times were in the rain?
NoleLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #75
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Quote:
Ah, well that makes me feel *slightly* better. When I showed it to a service tech dropping by to price something they said "Hmm, that shouldnt be on. Make an appointment to bring it in". When he saw it, *only* the SOS light was on.

However, I have had the light with the ! mark you posted on before a couple times recently... Both times were in the rain?
Yea put your mind at ease with the 3 lights, i've tested it in several lighting conditions and found it to be nomal (like I said, it's an over sensative sensor). The "!" light is the only one that is not normal.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:27 PM   #76
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
I hope they can do something for you on a ZL1 but going on past experience I do not think you will be a Camaro owner much longer.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:34 PM   #77
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
I hope they can do something for you on a ZL1 but going on past experience I do not think you will be a Camaro owner much longer.
I am keeping a very open mind and will leave plenty of room for movement. I have no interest in leaving the Camaro family but GM needs to step up to the plate in some way and show they want me as a customer.

Like I said I had a very positive unrelated issue solved today, hopefully my good fortunes continue.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 06-13-2013, 09:53 AM   #78
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

So things seem to be moving along. I just got back from the dealer again and they did fix a couple of my issues. Unfortunately the seat issue was not one of them but at this point I am going to just move it up a bit a be done with it. Hopefully in the future they come up with a permanent fix.

GM over the past few days have been really helpful, I'm guessing they know they really dropped the ball on Monday. So while the buy back option is still available to me, it looks like I will be passing. I love this car too much to give it up!

I am still waiting on some info from GM but once I get that (should be today or tomorrow) I'll be able to put this all behind me. YAY!

Last edited by nyrfan; 06-13-2013 at 10:56 AM.
nyrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:55 AM   #79
SuperSport2011

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss/rs rally yellow L99
Quote:
So things seem to be moving along. I just got back from the dealer again and they did fix a couple of my issues. Unfortunately the seat issue was not one of them but at this point I am going to just move it up a bit a be done with it. Hopefully in the furuyte they come up with a permanent fix.

GM over the past few days have been really helpful, I'm guessing they know they really dropped the ball on Monday. So while the buy back option is still available to me, it looks like I will be passing. I love this car too much to give it up!

I am still waiting on some info from GM but once I get that (should be today or tomorrow) I'll be able to put this all behind me. YAY!
Nice, good to hear you're sticking with your car. Hopefully you have no more problems and you get to enjoy your ride.
- Kooks high flow cats - Borla atak 2.5" cat back exhaust - Dyno tune - AFM delete - 94 octane tune - Vitesse paddle shifters - Blacked out rims - Costum painted engine cover - T3 stripes - GM locking gas cap
SuperSport2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:49 AM   #80
mwhitnee

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS/RS convertible
Happy for you that you are getting some problems resolved!
mwhitnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:03 PM   #81
squat

Drives: 2011 Dodge Charger
If buyback will get you back what you purchased for the car then I would go that route. You won't be out any money and have the option to purchase anything you want. It sounds like the mechanics that you've been taking it to aren't doing the job right (and how many will actually spend the time to get warranty work done correctly?).

To me option #1 would be risky. They may not ever fix it or they may fix it for a few weeks. Either way, if you have them work on it they might try to screw you if you go for option #2 saying that they already spent money repairing it so you have to cover that cost (or whatever BS they throw at you). Honestly I'm surprised you have these options from GM, I've read/heard that getting a car lemoned is really really time consuming and difficult.

I love the camaro, but I love cars in general. If I had owned 2 camaros that were consistently trouble I would be looking at a challenger or mustang as well after GM bought back the camaro.

Either way, good luck to you sir.

Edit: just noticed I'm late to the thread. Good luck with the repairs!

Last edited by squat; 06-13-2013 at 12:04 PM. Reason: I'm too lazy to read the whole thread
squat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:16 PM   #82
suzook

Drives: camaro
I dont understand why they can't get the damn seat fixed??? Wtf??
Old 06-13-2013, 04:48 PM   #83
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
I dont understand why they can't get the damn seat fixed??? Wtf??
Who knows, but I just cannot let that ruin my car experience. Here is their exact answer.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 07-03-2013, 10:55 AM   #84
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Forgot to post an update.

As has been resolved to my satisfaction, car will be kept

Tags
fbodfather