Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 02-24-2010, 08:55 PM   #29
mmbarberoilman

Drives: 2SS, 48 Plymouth, 77 Coup Deville
Just read some posts from people that dislike Direct Sales and some aggressive sales folks. Get over it. You will always find a reason to complain about something or someone. When you want a product, simply look at the product and compare it to others on quality, cost and availability. Once you compare you will buy the best on the market and end up saving money. Longer drains, better mileage, much better protection. Amsoil pays for itself and puts money in your pocket. Does RP or Mobile do that for you? NO. When the Harley guys put it in their bikes they see a 20 degree temperature drop, less noise and smoother shifts. No one is asking you to change the style of your underwear. Just compare products. Do not like some sales person. Find another. Or how about simply buy direct. To answer the question about every store carrying it. Does every store carry every oil? NO. Every line of filter? NO. A lot of stores dislike carrying Amsoil because the average guy can buy it cheaper direct. YOU can buy at the same price the store pays to get it. Stores generally dislike competition selling for less than they want to charge. Look into the differences in products.
mmbarberoilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:31 AM   #30
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
I could give a flip less about a pyramid business profile etc. etc......

I did the research on what constitutes a high quality synthetic oil and I found Amsoil to be at the top. Now, before I got "preferred customer" pricing, I couldn't justify the cost when compared to other available products. You need to get preferred pricing if you are going to use Amsoil. I also found that the Dallas distribution center warehouse is only 2 blocks away from my work, so it is convenient for me as well.

In the end, I couldn't justify not using Amsoil.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:16 PM   #31
mmbarberoilman

Once you actually compare products, it is a very simple choice. Then once you use it and see and feel the differences, it is again very simple. When Harley owners use it they see a 20 degree temperature drop on their oil temp dipstick compared to anything else on the market. Much better cooling and less friction. Sign on as a Preferred Customer and it gets a bunch cheaper. Contact me and I will pay your $10 fee to be a Preferred Customer. No obligations. Magaizine comparison artcle - http://www.greatoil4less.com/default/FastFours.html
Old 03-04-2010, 11:33 AM   #32
jehartley

Drives: Red LT1 & Silver LS3
Quite frankly, it doesn't really matter. Amsoil is not on GM's approved oil list.
jehartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:59 AM   #33
wbt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Challenger R/T;2011 Mustang GT
Who cares....

Doesn't mean it isn't a fantastic oil.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:32 PM   #34
mmbarberoilman

I happen to have a number of GM engineers as Amsoil Dealers. Not just customers, but they are selling it to others at the Tech Center. You may want to read up on the subject.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:37 PM   #35
mmbarberoilman

Oh by the way I just looked up that approved list. RP and Red Line are not on it. I suppose they are not suitable either. Amsoil has been the leader since 1972. Do some research. Would you buy a cam or heads or tires without looking into the specs on them?
Old 03-06-2010, 07:22 AM   #36
jehartley

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbarberoilman View Post
I happen to have a number of GM engineers as Amsoil Dealers. Not just customers, but they are selling it to others at the Tech Center. You may want to read up on the subject.
Why do I need to read up on the subject? Why would reading about what GM engineers do that goes against what their employer says be beneficial to anybody but those wanting to have their agenda supported such as yourself? GM is pretty clear with their approved oil list and their oil spec in the manual. I don't care what GM engineers do..it's what the company states that is important.

I think it is you that needs to read up on the subject, and I suggest you start with your owners manual and the GM approved oil list.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:23 AM   #37
jehartley

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbarberoilman View Post
Oh by the way I just looked up that approved list. RP and Red Line are not on it. I suppose they are not suitable either. Amsoil has been the leader since 1972. Do some research. Would you buy a cam or heads or tires without looking into the specs on them?
You guys are so sensitive. Geez. I never said Amsoil, Red Line, or Royal Purple were not suitable oils. I think they are all excellent oils, but that is not the point. The point is that they are NOT on GM's recent or past approved oil lists. That is a fact. They also are not API certified which is required to keep your warranty intact (With the minor exception to Amsoils XL line). That is a fact.

Now, if you don't care about your warranty, then use it.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:05 AM   #38
toothfangandclaw

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
I've used AMSOIL for years. My Tacoma truck has over 230k miles, and I change the oil once a year (up to 25k miles at a time)...it's still clean when I do it. I have many friends with high-performance cars, waterskis etc. and they all use it.

From the AMSOIL store website:
2010 CHEVROLET CAMARO 6.2L 8-cyl Engine Code [W] LS3
LUBRICANTS & FLUIDS:
Engine Oil
Grade 1......API*[1]
Signature Series 0W-30 100% Synthetic Motor Oil (SSOQT)

[1] Oil must be formulated to meet GM standard GM4718M.

APPLICATIONS
AMSOIL Signature Series 0W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil is recommended for use in gasoline engines, diesel engines (API CF, ACEA B5) and other applications requiring SAE 0W-30, 5W-30 or 10W-30 with the following worldwide specifications:

• API SM/CF, SL, SJ …
• ILSAC GF-4, 3 …
• ACEA A5/B5-04
• GM 4718M, 6094M
• Ford WSS-M2C929-A
• Honda HTO-06
• Daimler Chrysler MS-6395N
• VW 503.00

In other words its specs are as good (or better) than these standards, which is what most have said, just posting to verify. To each his own. Agree that if you're worried about the warranty, don't use it. *I am not an AMSOIL dealer, just a satisfied customer.*
3000 Order accepted by production control (3.3.10) TPW = 3.15.10
3300 Order scheduled for production (3.6.10)
3400 Order Broadcast (3.11.10)
3800 Order produced (3.19.10) 2G1FT1EW3A9205722
4200, Shipped (3.23.10)
5000, Delivered to the dealer (4.5.10)
Picked up at Reedman-Toll (4.5.10)
toothfangandclaw is offline   Reply With Quote