Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-09-2010, 02:49 PM   #29
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
My Solo Mach XL cat-back can be loud, when I want it to be. My wife told me yesterday that she heard my exhaust from inside the house when I took off from the stop sign at the end of our road (1/4 mile away). What can I say...traffic was approaching and I needed to get moving.

Like I've mentioned to others, with the Solo kit, the gas pedal becomes more like a volume control for the exhaust note. Quiet when I need it and loud as hell when I want it to be.

No drive by videos but I do have a dyno video for you...

I'm not knocking the V6 at all (I love mine!) but if you can swing the payments, you'll get more sound volume out of the SS with a muffler delete. Used SS models with 10k-20k miles can be found for about $28k on Autotrader.com.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:36 PM   #30
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
loudest I have heard

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:52 PM   #31
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocks RS View Post
My daughter says she can hear my car in her bedroom on the other side of the house upstairs when i start mine.

i have MRT1. it is loud but sounds great!
Yup, my roommate hears me leave our place every day. I'm known at my college based on my cars exhaust, a lot of my friends can hear me leave the parking garage and they're 2-3 blocks aways from me.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:50 AM   #32
Cam_Cam10

Drives: 2010 1LT, 6 speed, no mods yet
mrt. version 1.0

and BBK 1 5/8 in. headers
Cam_Cam10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:01 AM   #33
cnrad

Drives: a wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocks RS View Post
My daughter says she can hear my car in her bedroom on the other side of the house upstairs when i start mine.

i have MRT1. it is loud but sounds great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorAirForce View Post
Yup, my roommate hears me leave our place every day. I'm known at my college based on my cars exhaust, a lot of my friends can hear me leave the parking garage and they're 2-3 blocks aways from me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam_Cam10 View Post
mrt. version 1.0

and BBK 1 5/8 in. headers
Ok this is a question for all 3 of you since you guys have the MRT v1. Do you think it is loud to the point where it would annoy neighbors? Just the cold start, idle, and a slow drive (don't plan on goin fast through the neighborhood ). Oh and also, how's the drone on the v1?
cnrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:10 PM   #34
tmac1granger33
NM HT5

Drives: COTW 3/5/12
once it idles down... its not very loud, you should be good imo royalflush
tmac1granger33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:04 PM   #35
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRoyalFlush View Post
Ok this is a question for all 3 of you since you guys have the MRT v1. Do you think it is loud to the point where it would annoy neighbors? Just the cold start, idle, and a slow drive (don't plan on goin fast through the neighborhood ). Oh and also, how's the drone on the v1?
Idle it isn't loud at all, slow cruise it isn't bad either. At WOT it screams! Cold start up is probably the only thing you need to worry about which last for like 20 seconds. If you have a garage then it won't be a problem as the garage will muffle the sound. Honestly I don't think it will be a problem.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:16 PM   #36
5thGENv6

Drives: 2010 camaro ls
Quote:
First of all it depends on your neighborhood.. i live in a college town and i get nothing but complements but when i visit my parents in a gated community i get yelled at (while driving the speed limit) for being too loud .. i have bbk lt and mrt v2.
5thGENv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:18 PM   #37
cnrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac1granger33 View Post
once it idles down... its not very loud, you should be good imo royalflush
Alright thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorAirForce View Post
Idle it isn't loud at all, slow cruise it isn't bad either. At WOT it screams! Cold start up is probably the only thing you need to worry about which last for like 20 seconds. If you have a garage then it won't be a problem as the garage will muffle the sound. Honestly I don't think it will be a problem.
Ok, sounds like it shouldn't be a problem thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGENv6 View Post
First of all it depends on your neighborhood.. i live in a college town and i get nothing but complements but when i visit my parents in a gated community i get yelled at (while driving the speed limit) for being too loud .. i have bbk lt and mrt v2.
Hmm I see, shouldn't be too bad where I live. Thanks

Also a question for anyone. If you have heard the v1 and v2 in person, how much louder is the v1, and how much deeper is the v2 (at idle)? Oh and I'm still wondering how the drone is on the v1.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:33 PM   #38
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Alright thanks

Ok, sounds like it shouldn't be a problem thanks

Hmm I see, shouldn't be too bad where I live. Thanks

Also a question for anyone. If you have heard the v1 and v2 in person, how much louder is the v1, and how much deeper is the v2 (at idle)?
Well... I have had both V1 and V2...

On cold start-up V1 is loud enough to hear in the back bedroom of our house... loud enough to way the wife up, which is how I got busted... "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO OUR CAR????" LOL! Cold start idle only lasts about 45 seconds... figured the neighbors would complain but they never said anything...

With V2, I can't hear the car start-up from the back bedroom... so it's definitely quieter... how much I can't really say, but it is definitely quieter...

On a hard rev, V1 is a bit more harsh, more in your face... It's just sound plain angry! (in a very good way!).

On a hard rev, V2 is a bit more refined, a little bit more full sound. It's still nice and loud... just not quite so much in your face at V1...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:49 PM   #39
cnrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post

On cold start-up V1 is loud enough to hear in the back bedroom of our house... loud enough to way the wife up, which is how I got busted... "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO OUR CAR????" LOL! Cold start idle only lasts about 45 seconds... figured the neighbors would complain but they never said anything...

With V2, I can't hear the car start-up from the back bedroom... so it's definitely quieter... how much I can't really say, but it is definitely quieter...

On a hard rev, V1 is a bit more harsh, more in your face... It's just sound plain angry! (in a very good way!).

On a hard rev, V2 is a bit more refined, a little bit more full sound. It's still nice and loud... just not quite so much in your face at V1...
I know and I remember your story about trying to hide your new mod but instead you woke her up haha. Well your explanation made me completely set on the v1, thank you And also, once again, how is the drone on the v1 lol.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:18 AM   #40
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post

On cold start-up V1 is loud enough to hear in the back bedroom of our house... loud enough to way the wife up, which is how I got busted... "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO OUR CAR????" LOL! Cold start idle only lasts about 45 seconds... figured the neighbors would complain but they never said anything..
haha yeah you can't get away with that. When I cold start my car it shakes my entire place. I can hear the plates rattling in my kitchen
Old 11-15-2010, 11:18 PM   #41
INOTimmy
GT Hunter

Drives: 2010 1LT 6spd Vic. Red
+1 for MRT 1.0.....I love mine

"Now you know why people with big rims get laughed at. Clowns wear big shoes too, but they're supposed to be funny."
INOTimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:15 AM   #42
xman60606

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RS
I have the MRT 2s and you can tell theyre more on the quieter side than the MRT 1s. Still with the 2s i can be heard from 4 blocks away when i haul ass out of my neighborhood. I live in the city so i dont care how much noise i make. Maybe i should of gotten the 1s instead.
xman60606 is offline   Reply With Quote