Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 03-09-2013, 07:30 AM   #29
supercharged zl1

Drives: '13 camaro zl1 '08 daytona charger
not me
supercharged zl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:11 AM   #30
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
As an engineer and former designer of airbag control systems, I shudder when I see the number of people who put a plate in the front windshield.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:35 PM   #31
KSX

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
No front plate here.. Got pulled over once and the officer told me if I DID put a front plate on he would give me a ticket..
Old 03-15-2013, 01:56 PM   #32
BUSHMASTER

Drives: 2013 VR 2SS RS 1LE NPP
The front plate is mandatory in Texas. I installed the manual hideaway plate that I found on ebay for less than 50 bucks. Way better than drilling holes on the bumper IMO.
BUSHMASTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:05 PM   #33
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
As an engineer and former designer of airbag control systems, I shudder when I see the number of people who put a plate in the front windshield.
LOL...I shudder at the number of morons I see with their feet up on the dash! Lawn chair, anyone??

No plate here. I'm a rebel and plan to stay that way.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:50 PM   #34
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNV View Post
3 and 1/2 years with no plate .
Same here. Ct is a 2 plate state but its not generally enforced.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:52 PM   #35
Muscle SS
All blackkk

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
I spent a couple summers in LI with no front plate, no problems ever. Got a ticket WHILE PARKED in queens for it tho...
Old 03-18-2013, 06:02 PM   #36
Ejd2ss

Drives: 2011 yellow w black stripes SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick821 View Post
Driving to my office in my 2006 GTO with no front plate a few years ago dressed in my business suit stopped at a light and noticed a Suffolk PD patrol car on the side of the road. Light turned green took off at normal legal speed. Guess what... I get stopped by the cop who told me he stopped me because of no front plate. I very politely asked him for a break and that I was waiting to get my "no holes" mounting plate in the mail (truth). "license and reg" please...he comes back and gives me a ticket.
I was a bit pissed to say the least and told him what I thought of him. This was in Smithtown NY...so yes you will get stopped on Long Island.

Another long story short...driving my Infiniti SUV a couple of years ago I get stopped. Cop takes out "light meter" measures my front window tint. Mind you I bought the SUV used from a Infinti dealer and never even thought I had aftermarket tint. I was just over the legal limit. Again being very polite I ask for a break...NO another ticket! This was in Port Jefferson LI.

I'm in my fifties and both times driving conservative and not doing anything stupid.

You will get a ticket on Long Island for no front plate. It's just a matter of time...they need to collect revenue to justify having the highest pay scale in the country!
First of all anyone who gets stopped never does anything wrong second of all the tickets have nothing to do with salary and third if you do get a ticket for no front plate or window tint and you are in your fifties then you must have an attitude problem! Ps the high salary is for dealing with people like you!!
Ejd2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:10 PM   #37
MyWorld

Drives: RJT 2LT RS
Wow, someone is making some pretty broad assumptions. Just by the writing styles of the two peoples threads above, I would like to make my own assumption.

The OP in his fifties is considerably more civil and much more likely to get out of a ticket than the other person accusing him of being a jerk, and came off sounding like a jerk instead.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
MyWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:13 PM   #38
MyWorld

Drives: RJT 2LT RS
Oh, the OP is a cop... That explains the attitude.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
MyWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:40 PM   #39
HeritageLS

Drives: 2012 1LS Camaro (Victory Red)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick821 View Post
Driving to my office in my 2006 GTO with no front plate a few years ago dressed in my business suit stopped at a light and noticed a Suffolk PD patrol car on the side of the road. Light turned green took off at normal legal speed. Guess what... I get stopped by the cop who told me he stopped me because of no front plate. I very politely asked him for a break and that I was waiting to get my "no holes" mounting plate in the mail (truth). "license and reg" please...he comes back and gives me a ticket.
I was a bit pissed to say the least and told him what I thought of him. This was in Smithtown NY...so yes you will get stopped on Long Island.

Another long story short...driving my Infiniti SUV a couple of years ago I get stopped. Cop takes out "light meter" measures my front window tint. Mind you I bought the SUV used from a Infinti dealer and never even thought I had aftermarket tint. I was just over the legal limit. Again being very polite I ask for a break...NO another ticket! This was in Port Jefferson LI.

I'm in my fifties and both times driving conservative and not doing anything stupid.

You will get a ticket on Long Island for no front plate. It's just a matter of time...they need to collect revenue to justify having the highest pay scale in the country!
Does that GTO happen to be gray/silver?
HeritageLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:39 PM   #40
Cangt77

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS Manual
Does anyone know if its a fix it ticket on LI?
Cangt77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:49 PM   #41
Piper

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6 (sim)
Front plates not required in Alberta Canada
Attached Images

Old 03-19-2013, 09:06 AM   #42
Nick821

Drives: 2013 BRM SS/RS Convert
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeritageLS View Post
Does that GTO happen to be gray/silver?