Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 09-30-2015, 11:52 AM   #1
camone

Drives: 2011 camaro synergy
Question NOW I'm really confused

Last Nov. I decided to switch over to 20" rims. I went with Lexani CSS8 rims and Continental EC tires. Everything was fine until the TPMS units started acting up. After the 4th time losing memory,I decided to buy some AC/Delco units. I had the new ones installed about 2 month ago. The very next day I had to make a long trip and noticed that at 60mph I had a very noticeable vibration. At my destination,I had the wheels checked over to make sure a centric ring hadn't fallen out during the swap. After that showed nothing,I had the wheels balanced. That helped somewhat,but I still had a good bit of shake. My mechanic advised me to have them "road force " balanced. After the RF balance it shook more then before .I went stright back to the shop. The man removed both front wheels and put them back on the machine. He told me they were both perfectly balanced and put them back on the car. My next trip up the road was smooth and tight.Now,however,I'm starting to notice a slight vibration again but not all the time.I'm not sure what my next step should be. Anyone have any ideas???
camone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 12:34 PM   #2
Carlos_MRRWheelsInc

Drives: camaro
well here is the thing, everything was perfectly fine until the Lexani wheels went on
you spent money here and there trying to get this vibration off, at this point you did everything in your power to fix the problem in which it did not. the problem here is the wheels. plain and simple.
Carlos_MRRWheelsInc is offline   Reply With Quote