Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-03-2011, 05:59 AM   #1
Newmonarch

Drives: ZL-1 ( I hope )
How about Concept Camaro, and ZL-1 on Autobahn?

Hi every one!

I am one of the Camaro lovers...Since the 2006 concept.

I have some questions, I mean I am planning to buy ZL-1 Automatic but I have some concerns about those issues:

1-) I want to buy ZL-1, but I am really addicted to the looking of Camaro Concept 2006. I want to buy the same silver color and rims, but does it avaliable? In Camaro ZL-1, I have seen that bumpers are coming with black, which I did not like , and the fog ligths are not good as in the concept and SS trims. Are there any ways to make look like 2006 Concept? Those color and rims is possible to achieve? I have read that it was using 22" rear and 21" front.

2-) Also I want to know about how this car will perform in autobahn. I mean, what about top speed? I have read in populermechanics that , Camaro SS manual could hit 174 mhp once the speed limiter hacked, so with extra 150 ponnies, is it reasonable to expect 190-195 mph?

3-) What about automatic transmission? I mean, I am not saying manual is bad, but for me, its not suitable either. I do live in a city, and it has got terrible traffic, so automatic is really helpfull for me. But I have read that, the Hydramatic 6xxx series is not performing good. Both on CTS-V and Corvette C6, it has been critized for slow response, as I reed. My real concern is, achieving 186 mph with this transmission. I have read that CTS-V ( 556 Hp ) could reach 186 mph in 69 seconds! This worst, compared to the ~50 seconds of Bmw M5. ( Which beaten by CTS-V on dragstrip and track ) .

As I read, they have switched diff. ratio from 3.42 to 3.72, which people tell me that it will help ZL-1 to achieve top speed quicker. ( Also they decreased the redline by 400 rpm ( Comparing to SS manual ), as well as much more torque than SS. So can I expect that it can hit 186 mph in 50-55 seconds, which is very close to M5/M6 and first generation Nissan GT-R?

4-) I know its becaming boring to read, but lastly ( and not least! ), what do you think about nurburging timing? I expect about 7.50-7.45 , what is your opinions?
Newmonarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:52 AM   #2
PeeBee

Drives: "Bee" ZL585, Dark Blue Suburban.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newmonarch View Post
1-) I want to buy ZL-1, but I am really addicted to the looking of Camaro Concept 2006. I want to buy the same silver color and rims, but does it avaliable? In Camaro ZL-1, I have seen that bumpers are coming with black, which I did not like , and the fog ligths are not good as in the concept and SS trims. Are there any ways to make look like 2006 Concept? Those color and rims is possible to achieve? I have read that it was using 22" rear and 21" front.
SS will be the closest in look to the concept I believe, and the rims.. there are companies that make replicas of the 21"/22".

Quote:

2-) Also I want to know about how this car will perform in autobahn. I mean, what about top speed? I have read in populermechanics that , Camaro SS manual could hit 174 mhp once the speed limiter hacked, so with extra 150 ponnies, is it reasonable to expect 190-195 mph?
I have a ZL585, comparable in terms of performance, and top speed is limited electronically to 190mph.

Quote:
3-) What about automatic transmission? I mean, I am not saying manual is bad, but for me, its not suitable either. I do live in a city, and it has got terrible traffic, so automatic is really helpfull for me. But I have read that, the Hydramatic 6xxx series is not performing good. Both on CTS-V and Corvette C6, it has been critized for slow response, as I reed. My real concern is, achieving 186 mph with this transmission. I have read that CTS-V ( 556 Hp ) could reach 186 mph in 69 seconds! This worst, compared to the ~50 seconds of Bmw M5. ( Which beaten by CTS-V on dragstrip and track ) .

As I read, they have switched diff. ratio from 3.42 to 3.72, which people tell me that it will help ZL-1 to achieve top speed quicker. ( Also they decreased the redline by 400 rpm ( Comparing to SS manual ), as well as much more torque than SS. So can I expect that it can hit 186 mph in 50-55 seconds, which is very close to M5/M6 and first generation Nissan GT-R?
Seriously, how many times are you going to meet an M5/6/GTR and accelerate all the way up to 186mph?

I know Germany (assuming you live there, as you speak about autobahn) has unrestricted parts, but it's not that you're going to go flat out all the time, with the traffic (if you live in a city, I believe that most autobahns are being restricted to 120 km/h round cities anyway, no?).
PeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:02 AM   #3
Newmonarch

Drives: ZL-1 ( I hope )
Quote:
SS will be the closest in look to the concept I believe, and the rims.. there are companies that make replicas of the 21"/22".
Thanks for your answers. Well, it seems that SS is a little bir more closer to the concept version due to its foglands and body colored bumpers. But I am curious, will ZL-1 offer that kind of stuff? I mean I am really addicted to the look of the Concept, and I have seen some ZL-1's has got different color of hood. ( Due to carbonfiber, maybe ), arent there any way to make it silver ice? And other question: The color in the 2006 Concept Vehicle, does it really silver ice, or closer? It looks little brigther as I see...

Quote:

I have a ZL585, comparable in terms of performance, and top speed is limited electronically to 190mph.
"Limited" to 190 mph? Wow. So it is possible to even get more without limiter? Really impressive. But the fact is, how about your downforce rating. I mean, I have read that ZL-1 generates more downforce than stock SS, so I have concerns about top speed. One more question about performance, whats your 1/4 mile, 0-100 mph , 0-124 mph etc. stats?

Quote:
Seriously, how many times are you going to meet an M5/6/GTR and accelerate all the way up to 186mph?

I know Germany (assuming you live there, as you speak about autobahn) has unrestricted parts, but it's not that you're going to go flat out all the time, with the traffic (if you live in a city, I believe that most autobahns are being restricted to 120 km/h round cities anyway, no?).
Yes you are right, those moments are very rare, but still, ZL-1 has such a badass car and even I know that my car is capable to match up with those cars, I would be very happy while driving it. Lol! And, yes, there are kind of autobahn roads in my country but I dont live in Germany.

But I am really curious about 0-186 mph times. I know it sounds wild to the Americans as lots of ways are restricted ( Lol, even V6 Camaro's and Mustang's are ~300 hp and limited to 118 mph, lol:P )
Newmonarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:37 PM   #4
PeeBee

Drives: "Bee" ZL585, Dark Blue Suburban.
I'm still running mine in, so far I only have a good 600 miles (or 1000km) on it, so I'm still taking it very easy...

Personally I'm not a fan of expressing the car's performance in 1/4 mile times or 0-100 times, I rather prefer that a car handles well in the corners. Something which I might be testing very soon, once it's run in, on the Nürburgring...
PeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:37 AM   #5
kudzu74
Account Suspended

Drives: SS 08' Trailblazer
Exclamation You need to decide which is more important...

I think you need to decide is it the looks or performance that is more important for you. However, I think before you can even decide that you have to look at what type of driving you will be doing a majority of the time your behind the wheel. Most of us here do not really care where we are driving but more of what we are driving and its obvious that the majority here are fanatics for camaros. So to get back to the first part if its looks you want don't worry about getting a ZL1 just get an SS or something that meets your aesthetics? But for performance the ZL1 will be where its at and though looks that appeal are a bonus most would buy it just for the performance factor alone. You have to think how many people would want to put a UFC fighter in a dress with heels and make-up! But I imagine not many...they would want it to look like the BEAST that it is and leave the dress-up for the Mustang boyz!
kudzu74 is offline   Reply With Quote