Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 05-07-2013, 03:04 PM   #1
camone

Drives: 2011 camaro synergy
A note for those changing you're own tires

Most of you are probably smarter then this,so I write this for anyone as dumb as me. Having the 21" P-zeros I decided to call The Tire Rack for new rims and tires to use for winter. When the tires arrived mounted,balanced and ready to go I changed them over myself.All was well. The Pirelli Sporpion Ice and Snow tires worked great. Two weeks ago I changed back over to the P-zeroes. Several days later I had to take a several hundred mile trip. I noticed a slight vibration.Yesterday I took it in for an oil change and had them check my tires out. When I changed back to the P-zeroes,a spacer on the right rear had stayed stuck on the car.I didn't even know that it had a spacer.It took the tech.about 15 min. to pry the spacer off the car. Had I gone much further it could've caused damage to my stock rim.Lesson learned!!!!
camone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:25 PM   #2
SSMickey

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
Those spacers are called hub-centric rings. I'd bet that over half of vibration problems with aftermarket wheels can be traced to these things. Or lack of most of the time.