Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 01:25 PM   #43
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Thur View Post
My Uncle was a cop and he always told me 9 your fine, 10 your mine. But work zones are a different monster, I always try to go the limit in those situations.
Your Uncles rule applied.....the guy was going 11 over, and the cop is trying to be cool. 11 > 10 in most states!
Old 07-30-2013, 01:34 PM   #44
SoCalThug

Drives: 2012 Summit White 1Ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan23 View Post
First lesson. NEVER speak to police. NEVER. NEVER let them search you without a warrant, even if you have nothing to hide. EVER. Its not against the law for police to lie. Its what they do to get you to give up your rights. If you;re driving, show your license and all car information. You dont have to answer one of their questions. You dont even have to speak to them. Dont let them intimidate you out of your rights. They are your rights to protect you from them. Many cops will say "if you have nothing to hide blah blah blah. Dont fall for it. Its your right to refuse their commie searches of your property.
I have done this. He then got pissed an cited me for no front plate, window tint, and too loud of an exhaust. Dont recommend trying to do this in socal because they will find a way to get you
Old 07-30-2013, 01:39 PM   #45
BigPopa71

Drives: Dark Knight
Quote:
Thats why you dont speak at all. So you do not incriminate yourself even when you think you're not incrminating yourself. Same with searches. For one if you consent and they break something in your car, its on you not the police. Two any cop can put anything in your pocket. Never let them search you without consent. That doesnt really matter. They will just call in the dog with his handler. The handler can easily make a dog get a hit when there is nothing in the car or persons thus giving them legal consent to search. UHHH I get pissed just thinking about the Nazi stops. Youtube is full of videos teaching cops their jobs and our rights.

If you are a passenger in a car record every cop you see. They love breaking traffic laws without their lights on. WHats good for me is good for them.
Sorry not true not speaking at all and the cop would have said screw you then and gave me 2 tickets. My dad was a law enforcement officer and he taught me how to deal with his peers , good and the bad!
Old 07-30-2013, 01:48 PM   #46
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Thats why you dont speak at all. So you do not incriminate yourself even when you think you're not incrminating yourself. Same with searches. For one if you consent and they break something in your car, its on you not the police. Two any cop can put anything in your pocket. Never let them search you without consent. That doesnt really matter. They will just call in the dog with his handler. The handler can easily make a dog get a hit when there is nothing in the car or persons thus giving them legal consent to search. UHHH I get pissed just thinking about the Nazi stops. Youtube is full of videos teaching cops their jobs and our rights.

If you are a passenger in a car record every cop you see. They love breaking traffic laws without their lights on. WHats good for me is good for them.
Amazing....
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
Old 07-30-2013, 02:06 PM   #47
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPopa71 View Post
Sorry not true not speaking at all and the cop would have said screw you then and gave me 2 tickets. My dad was a law enforcement officer and he taught me how to deal with his peers , good and the bad!
I agree, it's great that some folks know their rights. Having said that, knowing ones rights and acting like a jerk are two different things.

The fact that some people in this very thread have called cops nazis is very troubling to say the least. Again, you have the right to be as much of prick as you want to in this country but why would anyone choose to be that guy?

Sorry, I don't care what your life experiences are, you lose all cred when you paint all people w/ the same brush.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Old 07-30-2013, 02:09 PM   #48
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
First lesson. NEVER speak to police. NEVER. NEVER let them search you without a warrant, even if you have nothing to hide. EVER. Its not against the law for police to lie. Its what they do to get you to give up your rights. If you;re driving, show your license and all car information. You dont have to answer one of their questions. You dont even have to speak to them. Dont let them intimidate you out of your rights. They are your rights to protect you from them. Many cops will say "if you have nothing to hide blah blah blah. Dont fall for it. Its your right to refuse their commie searches of your property.
Quote:

Quote:
PLus if the cop is going to base his ticket on how I understand and express my rights he shouldnt be a cop anyways.

Please don't listen to this guy and be disrespectful and act like a dick, there are NO do overs ...
Old 07-30-2013, 02:54 PM   #49
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
And that's a great way to end this thread.

I'd add my .02 cents, but obviously you can't please everyone...and I'm sure I'll piss off a few who hate the popo. So, ... lettin' it go.

Closed Thread