Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2010 Camaro5 Fest (I)

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 03:58 PM   #43
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
I'm excited that we will have a bound book of memories!
Old 02-16-2010, 07:56 PM   #44
herkman

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS, 69 Camaro
I also think Gary's (orange10s.c.) car is the most unique car out there. Not only does his car have every panel modded and not with just one manufacturers parts, but he also has a custom paint job. The interior of the car has numerous custom touches as well. By the time the Fest gets here, the car will probably have several more changes!
R6P - Kooks 1-7/8 Catted LT Headers, Roto-Fab CAI, MGW Shifter, Revolution SS Front Spoiler, Unrestricted Motorsports Rear Spoiler, Razzi Side and Rear EFX, Heritage Grill, Hawk HPS Pads, G2 Matched Calipers, SAV-3 Wheels, Vengeance Racing Stage II Cam 227/239.614/.624 115+3, 25% Underdrive Pulley, Oil Catch Can, 461 RWHP - 420 Torque
Old 02-16-2010, 10:07 PM   #45
chrisgalles
TEXAS FIGHT!

Drives: Awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
A no B.S response, is that I equate Gary Customs as being the "Picaso" of modded Camaros that has stayed true to the overall lines of the C5 without being tacky or ricey....................remained American Muscle !

I had no intentions of having my C5 modded beyond what Unique Autos did; until I seen the custom work done by Gary and just how many people here on this forum were using his services to mod thier Camaros.

Its not about the money he can make, Gary has talked me out of several mods, just because he felt it to be "ricey".

If you noticed, I stopped posting pictures under my 'project page' as I gave Gary cart blanche to finish the exterior mods on "REDRUM" as I wanted to be "shock and awe" when delivered home! So I have no idea of what he's doing, adding or subtracting.....................We will see soon enough!

I think this book, should be comprised of the TOP 10 CAMAROS based upon C5 members poll and the C5 Fest Staff!

Gary's car is everything that I wish I could do to my Camaro. The customization of his added mods makes his car simple unique. I wish I had a tenth of his skills on what he can do to a ride... Hence why I'm leaving Texas Monday night the week of the fest so I can drive all night and make it to his shop on Tuesday morning and drop my car off to him so he can work his magic on my baby I easily could've have found plenty of folks in the DFW or Houston area to do my work but as I've seen him transform his car, I have no hesitation whatsoever in leaving my car with him 3 days before I'm supposed to be in Georgia meeting all of you fellow C5ers
Old 02-17-2010, 10:18 PM   #46
johndawg
I'd rather be shooting...

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black/Black
Send a message via AIM to johndawg
Quote:
My final .02 cents on the subject, thier are plenty of C5's on this forum that look very tight and could be the front cover as well; my point is Gary "organge10sc" has probably influenced more C5 mods than the average customizer on this forum!

I think the book, should have C5 catagories of the top Camaros

1) Perfromance - Top HP?
2) C5 best represents BumbleBee ?
3) Exeterior Mod?
4) Intererior Mod
5) Lights & Sounds?

Good ideas happening here... I like it.

The Official Photographer of the 2010, 2011 & 2012 Camaro5 Fests!!! www.theshuttergroup.com
Old 02-18-2010, 03:58 PM   #47
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndawg View Post
Good ideas happening here... I like it.
HINEY I believe is coming... I think he'd get best bumblebee... since his car IS the correct color.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:08 PM   #48
odie5070
Drivin' Like I Stole It!

Drives: '10Cam,72 Chevelle,57BelairHT,72 MC
Orange10s.c. is a kool kustom with a lot of bite! His ride meets or exceeds all of the HIGH dollar custom fabbed C5's I saw at SEMA last year...very professionally and tastefully done.

BTW, jrhaus...thanks for the nom!

Instead of taking the car into the 22nd century we wanted to enhance the lines and style that called back to the original chevy icon in '69. All of our modifications are mechanical...DSE lowering and suspension kit, Procharger D1SC, SS Headers, Custom Performance Cam, Hurst shifter, Full SS exhaust with Corsa Mufflers and tips, and Foose 5-spokes chromed aluminum wheels.

I am most proud of the hand-painted flames and striping. The first two (and I believe the ONLY two) painter/stripers inducted into the NHRA Hall of Fame are from the Cincinnati area. Bill "Short Round" Roell and Jim "Dauber" Farr had a studio in Covington, KY and on the West Side of Cincy and were famous for their custom paint and lettering jobs on some of the fastest dragsters in the world. They were most known for their special style of flames and free hand striping. My Dad used to build dragsters with them and did body work for them when I was tiny and Moby Dick was a guppy! I knew as soon as they announced the C5 that Bill and Dauber would be doing the paint. I think that this car is some of their best work ever! I am so grateful that they were able to do this job for Smokin SS.

We are doing a mag shoot first week of March. Is that too late to get my photo in? The best I have thus far is the poster we did for our debut car show in Cincy.

Great idea...count us in on a copy of the book!
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2010, 09:17 PM   #49
odie5070
Drivin' Like I Stole It!

screwed up the pic
Old 02-20-2010, 09:35 PM   #50
Gotthat02fire

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss IOM
There is alot of Bad A$$ Camaro's coming to the show!!! On the top few Garys Customs Camaro,Indpwr Camaro,RedRum/Shedevil Camaro,Justin from ACC's Camaro!!!!!

Hoping mine will be in the pics in the next few weeks none the less I know of three really Bada$$ IOM Camaro's,Garys Customs,Jrpxxii be modded as we speak,and mine also being modded as we speak might be the three badest IOM Camaro's around IMHO!!!!!!!
Old 02-20-2010, 10:53 PM   #51
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by odie5070 View Post
screwed up the pic
Only one I have of his car... believe me, it NEEDS to be showcased! Plus its over 600 rwhp!

Old 02-20-2010, 10:55 PM   #52
RichieRich

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndawg View Post
Attention fellow Camaro5 members…

I am pleased to announce to the Camaro5 forum that ‘The Shutter Group’ is the official photography organization for the 2010 Camaro5 Fest.

I along with hundreds and hundreds of others are headed to Valdosta, GA the weekend of April 16-18. We at ‘The Shutter Group’ look forward to meeting and shooting as many of you as possible.

I am really excited about the energy, enthusiasm and passion the board members show for their cars. We hope to capture that passion by shooting the weekend’s schedule of events and posting the images online and creating a hardcover coffee table book!

We have some really cool ideas for the book and I am excited to share these with you.

THE BOOK:

First, we plan to showcase the coolest cars on the forum… as the forum members see it.
Meaning… we are looking for you the members to tell us whom you want to see showcased in the book. Who has the best mods? Whose car is bad A$$?!
It’s all up to you! Tell us… let us know who has your favorite car. We are looking to take our time and shoot at least 10 individuals with their cars. These will be some really cool images that they will have for a lifetime.

Next… and probably the coolest thing. We are going to let you, the forum members, vote on whose car should grace the cover of this year’s book! The voting will start a few days after we get back from the event and the moderators have had a chance to narrow down the pictures… Then it’s going to up to YOU!

We anticipate book will be between 100 and 150 pages full of bright and exciting photos from all the daily events.

ONLINE IMAGES:
Images from the event will be available for viewing online at www.theshuttergroup.com after the event. The images will be available for purchase as well. We’ll have a wide variety of picture sizes ranging from a 4x6 to a 30x40 Canvas prints. We are also looking to have cool things like coffee cups, t-shirts and other things like mouse pads to have your images printed on.

The excitement for the festival is building and we are truly pumped up to capture the weekend for all of you. It’s going to be a great time!

Talk to you all soon ☺

John Adams (johndawg)
That must be my Black SS!
Old 02-21-2010, 03:34 AM   #53
1 RD JEWL

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS_RS- RJT
Pre-Mod Picture - weather isn't cooperating

Here is a picture taken before a few f the external mods have been done.

SHort story behind the car... 100% surprise gift for my wife upon here return from temporary duty in the middle east. The smile says it all!

When the weather improves before the fest, I will get it out and get a better picture.
Attached Images

Delivered 25 Aug 2009:
2SS/RS LS3
Old 02-21-2010, 08:30 AM   #54
odie5070
Drivin' Like I Stole It!

1RD JEWL

I love those pics...I did not know the story behind it until just now.

What a great day that must have been! Tell you wife from me and my family, "Thank you for your service!" It is families like yours that allow families like mine to attend events like C5Fest! You are the true Americans that allow the rest of us to enjoy the gift of Freedom.:flag2:

Your car is beautiful by the way. I hope to get to know you well at C5Fest! We are going to have a killer caravan truckin' down I75!
Old 02-21-2010, 08:52 AM   #55
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by odie5070 View Post
1RD JEWL

I love those pics...I did not know the story behind it until just now.

What a great day that must have been! Tell you wife from me and my family, "Thank you for your service!" It is families like yours that allow families like mine to attend events like C5Fest! You are the true Americans that allow the rest of us to enjoy the gift of Freedom.:flag2:

Your car is beautiful by the way. I hope to get to know you well at C5Fest! We are going to have a killer caravan truckin' down I75!
1 RD is a very nice guy. I met him back in August when he was waiting on the car, sweating bullets that it was not going to make it in time for her home coming. Well it did with time to spare. He even got to enjoy it a bit if I remember correctly before she got home. I remember breaking the good news to him that his car was infact in Dearborn and ready to ship! And when I broke it to him that it actaully HAD shipped, I could feel his excitement through the computer screen.

I had the oportunity to meet him at one of our get togethers. Supre nice guy! P - Is your daughter making cookies again???

I am actually hoping to see all my local buddies prior to C5F. We should plan a March get together. I think CinSpeed my be the venue for some dyno testing... stay tuned for that!

Ok sorry for the hi-jack. Back to regular scheduled programing...
Old 02-21-2010, 05:51 PM   #56
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
If they do a limited CALENDAR , yours should be OCTOBER (Holloween), as your ride scares the shit out of me, that much power and killer looks..............KUDOS
Not my car... it is 100X nicer in person and VERY scary! Wait till you see it! I just posted the pic for him.

This is mine:

Not as scary or as powerful!

Closed Thread