Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-25-2014, 03:52 PM   #99
Darwood

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philar299 View Post
so even if the new keys come in.. no one can take their cars home until the recall is lifted?
They should be able to take their car home then. The question is when do the magic keys arrive.
Darwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 03:55 PM   #100
sticks88

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS ,2014 Rav4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffa View Post
People, people, it's only a key....

I don't give a rat's butt about what the fob looks like, all I want is for the dealer to cut the keys for the 2LT RS they are holding for me. I have no attachment to the key fob we have now, just fix the friggen issue so people can get their cars.

If you wish to not participate in the recall, that is your decision. GM did what they had to do to fix the issue, if you don't like the fix, nobody is twisting your arm to do it....

An no, I am not a fan of how GM is handling the issue, but to me it's more about the car I want than what the fob looks like.
Sorry for your frustration , but the difference here is... I for one have my car which has no issues and I don't intend to let them mess with it over a problem that doesn't effect me. You on the other hand are stuck in a process you have no control over and I can well understand your anger. Sorry again my friend.
sticks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:30 PM   #101
Toyaholic
It's a sickness!

Drives: '69 442 Vert
Never hit the key the entire time we had the 2010, but I didn't have other keys (or other crap) hanging from the fob.

Strongly considering a ZL, but not with THAT ugly key. I'll wait until they figure out something better. Can you imagine spending 60k and either receiving a key like this or worse.... not being able to drive it away.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:28 PM   #102
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
Why do they have to mess with remote at all? Just give people a matching regular key and let them decide if they want to use it or not.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:35 PM   #103
cruisingcamaro

Drives: 2010 CGM SS2 RS- black stripes
Cool The screwdriver key

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Hmm I see aftermarket opportunity to make a little screwdriver that will go in place of the flip out key part, that could prove handy....
That is exactly WHY my key is broken. I tried to pry open something.stupid me.
cruisingcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:52 PM   #104
Pace
Lifestyle = Deathstyle

Drives: 11 SIM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyaholic View Post
Never hit the key the entire time we had the 2010, but I didn't have other keys (or other crap) hanging from the fob.

Strongly considering a ZL, but not with THAT ugly key. I'll wait until they figure out something better. Can you imagine spending 60k and either receiving a key like this or worse.... not being able to drive it away.
I was just about to buy a Z/28 and walked away because of this new damn key.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:33 PM   #105
TopL3ssSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcamaro37f View Post
...with a gap bigger than a 2nd graders teeth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's funny right there - I don't care who you are...
Old 06-25-2014, 07:40 PM   #106
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyaholic View Post

I do not like the switchblade key. I think it is stupid to press a button so you key the out put in the ignition. I still bought my Camaro because that not one of my requirements to buy.
I finally get to put the fob in my dresser drawer. I have a viper remote and alarm system.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:07 PM   #107
Caddyroger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffa View Post
GM won't be cutting your keys, the dealer will, assuming he has a key cutting machine. Don't know how GM will handle if the dealer doesn't have a key cutting machine.
From what my service adviser told me last Friday. Gm will send me a letter about the recall the keys. I would take it in then they would have a precut key sent them and they would call to set up a appointment the have programmed. I guess the one that has sold and waiting for the key, the order will sent out to have the key shipped. I do not think that the keys are going to sent out a blank. How do expect the dealer to cut the keys if they do not have the equipment?
Old 06-25-2014, 08:10 PM   #108
Caddyroger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philar299 View Post
so even if the new keys come in.. no one can take their cars home until the recall is lifted?
Once you have the new key and programmed you can take it home. This is a safety recall. It will not be lifted.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:26 PM   #109
Chris1SS1LE

Drives: 2014 Camaro Red Hot 1LE NPP Recaro
Yep that's what I got in my pocket
Chris1SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:34 PM   #110
Connorscamaro

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro/1994 Mustang
I went to the dealership just about a week ago and they didn't even mention anything about this recall lol

love my keys way better than that 1990's key
Old 06-25-2014, 08:34 PM   #111
FilibustaRhymes

Drives: SS
Awful. I thought the obvious solution was a different fob and key, never would have imagined that they would do some half-assed crap like that. Very unhappy.

Yeah it's "just a fob" but the fob, like everything else in the car, is part of it - I don't want a gutted keyfob any more than I want a shifter without a knob or a panel without paint. Could I operate it that way? Sure, but that's not what I paid for when I bought the vehicle.

An inexcusable "fix" for a problem that wouldn't even be a recall if not for GM's other problems that they're terrified of being fined over. Just amazing.
FilibustaRhymes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:50 PM   #112
gmpartsman

Drives: 2011 CAMARO 2SS IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddyroger View Post
From what my service adviser told me last Friday. Gm will send me a letter about the recall the keys. I would take it in then they would have a precut key sent them and they would call to set up a appointment the have programmed. I guess the one that has sold and waiting for the key, the order will sent out to have the key shipped. I do not think that the keys are going to sent out a blank. How do expect the dealer to cut the keys if they do not have the equipment?

we got 2 sets of uncut keys today,we have a laser cutter but the way they leave the fob with a crater where the key used to fold in looks like crap..i will be denying this recall and not having it performed
gmpartsman is offline   Reply With Quote