Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-08-2009, 08:51 PM   #71
O2BQIK

Drives: 1991 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens Blvd View Post
GM could've made a lot of money with a Z51-type package that included wider wheels (20x10/11 mated with 275/305 tires), thicker sway bars, stiffer springs, and special shocks, possibly with a slightly lower ride height. This goes for $1795 on the Vette.... I think a lot of people would've picked this option even if it cost $2500 on the Camaro.
Definitely, that package would have been required, no discussion with the wife needed
Old 10-08-2009, 09:27 PM   #72
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
removable roof like to the c6 coupe

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:43 PM   #73
97one

Drives: 2016 & 1967 Camaro, 2015 Impala, +1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
Supercharger.
+1

97one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:39 PM   #74
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen5SSRS View Post
Ram Air Hood Scoop, 4.10's, T-Tops, a decent rear wing spoiler. Oh and a trunk monkey of course!
+1 on the trunk monkey.

And true chrome wheels. and an auto LS3.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:12 PM   #75
Blacklung27

Drives: 2010 SS L99 VR / 03 SVT Lightning
Well a track package would be nice. And as many said above the LS3 w/ A6. If its an issue I'll pay the GG tax. I wouldn't mind at all if my car came with a stripped interior with 2 seats stuck in it. Lose the weight. T tops, and while I am dreaming the option of getting some engine options. I would have gladly paid 10k more to have an LS7 or LSA crammed into my car but the model is still new and everyone wants now now now. Eventually we will all get all of our little options and comforts, just give it time.
Blacklung27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:41 PM   #76
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Some real good stuff here (......altho there are one or two that have me going " ??? " )

Keep in mind that we are NEVER done -- it's called continuous improvement -- plus, there was
that " ugly 'lil incident" called "chapter 11" that didn't help.....

By the way -

most of us would like many more powertrain options - however, important to understand that each engine/trans/axle/ has to be validated and tested for each one of the emissions systems that we have - California -- Northeast - and Federal.

Some say: well -- why don't you just meet the most stringent one? Well -- under the new rules passed by the new administration - it appears we'll finally be able to do that. The problem up to now is that while California was more stringent in some emission compounds -- it wasn't as stringent with others -

Meanwhile: we're watching! We're paying attention! I'd love to say we're gonna do everything you ask us to do - but some are impossible.......

Now -- I'm gonna sit back and
Old 10-09-2009, 01:27 AM   #77
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
The Z51 package (or similar) would have been a nice option for the guys who like to run hard (as myself). The Camaro has been to Roush and driven by one of their drivers and myself on a few occasions and have taken a direction, with direction.

Would the Z51 package been optimal for an option say at the $1600 list as on the vette? Depends...but a DEFINATE from me. How many Camaros would have been sold with the Z51 package so far? 2500-3000? Thats 3% of the current sales market considering 76% SS sales. For a base improvement, better braking and a lower stance, $1600 is well worth the money considering the cost of rotors (go look), Hotchkis ($425) Springs and shocks ($1500-2k) Different trans ratio. Yes, you can make up some of the cost by selling your old parts, but the Z51 package makes perfect sense on the Camaro. The die hards will wait for the Z, the envelope pushers will take the base platform, spend the time and have fun, but at a premium because as we have seen, aftermarket performance parts are 2 times higher for a new platform.

I would address all my other wants..3.73 rear option M6 (had in my 02 WS6) Smaller steering wheel perhaps..< 1 to 1.5", tighter steering feel with a Z51 package.

Chevy may have hit a homerun with the Z51 on a first year platform...GM may likely have weighed that factor.

Every day I don't drive the Camaro is one greater day anticipated....I just have to keep from locking eyes with a Cobra or a hot woman thinking I am in the SS when actually driving the Cobalt.

But I still want push button start...
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:37 AM   #78
SubSolar

Drives: 2009 Corvette, 1987 Buick GN
DSG transmission, direct injection and an LS7/LS9.
SubSolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:26 AM   #79
Bryan2230

Drives: 2014 Red Hot Camaro 2SS/RS
I've always wanted a multi disc cd player, but I guess the iPod hookup takes care of that. I am quite disappointed that there is no climate controlled a/c.

Former owner of a 2010 Victory Red 2LT/RS
Delivered: September 11, 2009
Current owner of a 2014 Red Hot 2SS/RS
Delivered: October 24, 2013
Bryan2230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 05:08 AM   #80
YELLOW2SS
2010 Camaro 2SS

Drives: 2010 2SS yellow black stripes
Thumbs up

hud, navigation with rear camera, 14 way full power on both seats, dual climate, wider tires
YELLOW2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:18 AM   #81
KSCamaro

Drives: Still Looking
Halo light option without everything else bundled for $1,450.
Compact spare standard on all models
Remote start standard on all models
Leather seat option on all models
Ducktail spoiler

Last edited by KSCamaro; 10-09-2009 at 07:30 AM.
KSCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:32 PM   #82
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
An LS9... but oh, I don't want to pay more for it...

Are we forgetting this is a Camaro? When I look at my LOADED to the max 3rd gen, it has SQUAT compared to this car. Can you believe I actaully have to insert my key INTO THE DOOR AND TURN IT to unlock it? No auto up/down windows. No DIC to tell me everything thats going on with the car. No CD/USB/OnStar. No power passenger seat. Even the 4th gens didn't have much frills. I think they went above and beyond on this car for the price point. Eveything you guys are asking for is convienence things... I guess these are the times we live in. No one wants to do anything for themself. Can't turn a key, can't adjust their own seat, can't figure out how to get from point A to B without NAV. OnStar will tell you EXACTLY how to get there. And you get to talk to a LIVE human being EVERYTIME you call. You don't even have to press "1" for English!...

Totally agree, i know a lot of people hate me for this but im tired of all the luxury options, for me the car's only luxury options should be leather seats and 9-speaker sound system and even then those should be optional, i can understand the petty stuff like tilt steering wheel, power windows, power locks, etc., but thats pretty much standard on any car these days...i dont like people complaining that "The Mustang and Challenger both have on-screen navigation, where's ours?" honestly, the last thing i want in my Camaro is a big goofey TV telling me which way to turn in Yoda's voice (yep, ive been there, LOL) I say let the Dodge have its fancy luxury stuff its more of a cruiser anyways, let the Mustang add its gizmos and what not its always been more of a "driver's experience" car than a performance car, the Camaro on the other hand has always been a no-holds-barred performance car, did you sir happen to notice the amaaazing suspension in your 3rd gen? LOL there might as well be no suspension! The Camaro is a straight up performance car, i totally agree with you, i've started getting annoyed at all the people asking for tons of frills and gizmos to keep them occupied, if the performance isnt enough to statisfy then you shouldnt be buying Camaro
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 03:42 PM   #83
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
I 100% agree. Its not meant to be "that" nice. Now, most of the things on here can actually be added aftermarket. Off the top of my head...

-Remote start can be added to an M6. I inquired and it takes so much BS everytime you turn the car off for it to work it is stupid. You have to basically program the system that you are going to remote start it next time every time you get out of the car...

-NAV, either use a map, onstar or buy a tomtom. Onstar works fine and our portable is so much easier to use than the indash in our tahoe and more options.

-heritage grill, louder exhaust, supercharger, gear, better sound system...etc. all can be added easily.

Things that can't be added and not really needed:

-Smart key, yea smart keys are nice but I have no problems inserting the key and turning like on 99% of other cars.

-memory seat. who cars, adjust your own damn seat.

-power passanger seat. She can see, its not that low.

-AFM on LS3 or the ability to run 87...Bad idea. Why would you even want that? Are you that cheap that an extra 20-30 cents a gallon kills you? This isnt a Prius. My suggestion would have been the opposite. LS3 w/ A6. Figure out how to get around the GG tax GM....

Oh thats about all I can remember.

Now, what was the question?

How about... you know as I sit here and think about... nothing. Anything I think of is so petty I really can't even post it. My first thought was a cup holder that isnt in the way of shifting... but then I thought, I don't eat/drink in the car. Then I thought maybe a better want to close the deck lid, maybe a handle inside the trunk. Ehhh the spoiler works fine with a gentle hand.

In conclusion... its pretty damn perfect in my eyes!

Agree - most cell phones have GPS in them - works just like a reg one- and where would you put a nav screen in this car anyway? Would look ridiculous...

I have remote start so I don't have to complain on that

But I would like to be able to move my driver seat forward without it going up as well, I mean, I don't want my head jammed in the roof...
Just a preference rather then a flaw...
Tessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 03:44 PM   #84
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
Totally agree, i know a lot of people hate me for this but im tired of all the luxury options, for me the car's only luxury options should be leather seats and 9-speaker sound system and even then those should be optional, i can understand the petty stuff like tilt steering wheel, power windows, power locks, etc., but thats pretty much standard on any car these days...i dont like people complaining that "The Mustang and Challenger both have on-screen navigation, where's ours?" honestly, the last thing i want in my Camaro is a big goofey TV telling me which way to turn in Yoda's voice (yep, ive been there, LOL) I say let the Dodge have its fancy luxury stuff its more of a cruiser anyways, let the Mustang add its gizmos and what not its always been more of a "driver's experience" car than a performance car, the Camaro on the other hand has always been a no-holds-barred performance car, did you sir happen to notice the amaaazing suspension in your 3rd gen? LOL there might as well be no suspension! The Camaro is a straight up performance car, i totally agree with you, i've started getting annoyed at all the people asking for tons of frills and gizmos to keep them occupied, if the performance isnt enough to statisfy then you shouldnt be buying Camaro
Tessa is offline   Reply With Quote