Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

View Poll Results: .
Camaro 0 0%
Mustang 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-01-2010, 12:54 PM   #5769
Rubrignitz

Drives: 2007 GT
damn...long thread. if 2011 gt buyers that plan to race the car are smart, they'll stick with 3.55 gearing. The 3.73's (and a 27'' tire iirc) force a shift to fifth gear before you hit the 1320, causing a slight hit to ET and trap...likely why this one had a 109 trap instead of the usual 111-113 we're seeing from the 3.31 and 3.55 geared cars.
2007 Alloy GT Coupe - Performance: MGW shifter/C&L Racer CAI/JBA LT's/JBA catted H/Pypes M-80 race mufflers/Steeda HD engine mounts/LFP 17# driveshaft/FRPP 4.10s/Truetrac/Steeda Ultralite 18x9.5 with 275/40 and 285/40 NT555s/Autometer DPSS Lvl 2 shift light and gauges. Suspension: Steeda Ultralite Springs/GT500 Front CAs/Steeda X5 balljoints/Steeda bumpsteer kit/Tokico D-Specs/BMR relocation brackets/Hotchkis 3/4way adj swaybars/Spohn Delsphere LCA's and panhard.
Rubrignitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:52 PM   #5770
2SSARMY
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuHamster View Post
so disagreeing with a post/calling BS will get me banned?
No. Just the way you posted it. Saying that these forums and most of us are full of mis-information because we don't seem to agree with your pov.
2SSARMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:29 PM   #5771
KungFuHamster

Drives: Black SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARMY View Post
No. Just the way you posted it. Saying that these forums and most of us are full of mis-information because we don't seem to agree with your pov.
no not at all. but when somebody posts something that is CLEARLY non-sense it should be corrected so others dont read it and think "this must be the truth because everyone agrees with it". trust me, when someone with a bolt on S197 GT on our forums said he walked a 2010 SS by 3 car lengths i was one of the first to throw the BS flag. because i dont want every knucklehead with a couple of mods thinking they can beat down a new camaro cause that guy claims he did.
i just think the Stang guys do a little better job of policing their own and wish the Bowtie guys did the same is all.

know what i mean?
KungFuHamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:12 PM   #5772
2SSARMY
Account Suspended

Quote:
no not at all. but when somebody posts something that is CLEARLY non-sense it should be corrected so others dont read it and think "this must be the truth because everyone agrees with it". trust me, when someone with a bolt on S197 GT on our forums said he walked a 2010 SS by 3 car lengths i was one of the first to throw the BS flag. because i dont want every knucklehead with a couple of mods thinking they can beat down a new camaro cause that guy claims he did.
i just think the Stang guys do a little better job of policing their own and wish the Bowtie guys did the same is all.

know what i mean?
I do. All I am saying is the way you present your pov will raise a lot of arguments on here. I for one, don't really care. I think I get banned more than most Mustang guys lol. But just be careful how you post your info. Mods have been cracking down on these threads pretty hard and dropping the ban hammer pretty frequently. I just got off a 10 day ban 2 days ago lol.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:17 PM   #5773
KungFuHamster

Quote:
I do. All I am saying is the way you present your pov will raise a lot of arguments on here. I for one, don't really care. I think I get banned more than most Mustang guys lol. But just be careful how you post your info. Mods have been cracking down on these threads pretty hard and dropping the ban hammer pretty frequently. I just got off a 10 day ban 2 days ago lol.
Goddamn even banning the bowtie guys lol. well ive been on enough boards long enough to generally know when not to over step the bounds.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:20 PM   #5774
2SSARMY
Account Suspended

Quote:
Goddamn even banning the bowtie guys lol. well ive been on enough boards long enough to generally know when not to over step the bounds.
Most bowtie guys around here hate me too lol
Old 06-01-2010, 03:28 PM   #5775
Viral

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
I've said it before and I'll repeat it in light of these past 2 pages. I simply DO NOT get the need for a Mustang owner to be on this site. Why in the WORLD would any of them give a rats ass what we talk about? I have never once had a desire to go to a mustang forum, or vette forum, or Ford explorer forum for that matter. And I damn sure wouldn't register and spend my time posting! Why? Because I don't own any of those vehicles! Do you not have forums that you frequent for cars you DO own and like?

Do you not realize how laughably pointless it would be for me to go to a mustang forum and say "Well I don't own a mustang and have never even driven one in fact, but let me tell you MY opinion on your launch technique/exhaust choice/interior mods!" LMAO
Old 06-01-2010, 03:30 PM   #5776
2SSARMY
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral View Post
I've said it before and I'll repeat it in light of these past 2 pages. I simply DO NOT get the need for a Mustang owner to be on this site. Why in the WORLD would any of them give a rats ass what we talk about? I have never once had a desire to go to a mustang forum, or vette forum, or Ford explorer forum for that matter. And I damn sure wouldn't register and spend my time posting! Why? Because I don't own any of those vehicles! Do you not have forums that you frequent for cars you DO own and like?

Do you not realize how laughably pointless it would be for me to go to a mustang forum and say "Well I don't own a mustang and have never even driven one in fact, but let me tell you MY opinion on your launch technique/exhaust choice/interior mods!" LMAO
To be fair though, the ones still around here aren't like that at all. They give their input and get heated at times, but so do we.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:47 PM   #5777
nester7929
Rice Harvester

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
Quote:

Because most of us are fans of both.
nester7929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:56 PM   #5778
KungFuHamster

Quote:

because of this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nester7929 View Post
Because most of us are fans of both.
and i have owned a Firebird and a Camaro...i was a F-body guy a lot longer than ive been a Mustang guy. and because Viral, its like the old saying..."know thy enemy". also, just like you stated, you dont know or care about anything other than Camaro's, which is fine...and thats how a lot of others are as well. however, its that which is why us Stang guys are here. to bring some enlightenment.

like i said before there are mustang guys like that too (dont know or care about other cars) and we try to set them straight too. theres "oh my car is the shit because it has an LSx and can out run any fool on the street" and then theres reality.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:04 PM   #5779
2SSARMY
Account Suspended

All I'm going to say is at least we're all muscle and not rice.

If I lose to a Mustang - hell I lost to a finely engineered American muscle car. Better luck next time.

If I lose to a ricer.... omg I just lose to a coffee can, stupid looking car that is running way too much psi and now he won't shut up.

(I don't mind losing to a tuner, but a ricer... god)
Old 06-01-2010, 04:13 PM   #5780
AmericanMuscle4.6GT

Drives: 2005 Mustang GT M5
Quote:
All I'm going to say is at least we're all muscle and not rice.

If I lose to a Mustang - hell I lost to a finely engineered American muscle car. Better luck next time.

If I lose to a ricer.... omg I just lose to a coffee can, stupid looking car that is running way too much psi and now he won't shut up.

(I don't mind losing to a tuner, but a ricer... god)
by definition, you'll never lose to a true "ricer "

AmericanMuscle4.6GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:15 PM   #5781
AmericanMuscle4.6GT

Drives: 2005 Mustang GT M5
Quote:

im a mustang owner .......but i have an avid interest in any musclecar and all cars really.......i'm also a prospective camaro owner

AmericanMuscle4.6GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 05:33 PM   #5782
2SSARMY
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMuscle4.6GT View Post
by definition, you'll never lose to a true "ricer "
I give them a 10 second head start :P

I bogged down at launch at the track against this slow civic and he must've been half way down the track by the time I took off and I still caught up and only lost by .1 lol. 16.3 to a 16.4 - It's been my favorite track experience so far

Tags
2011, 2011 mustang, 442trumpsall, 5.0, camaro, camaro lost!!!, camaro lost., carthatsucks, corvette, drag, fanboys anonymous, ford, ford mustang, glue factory, gluefactory, gt ss ssrs comparison ford, gtss, mustang, numbers, oldnag, race, tired nag, trolls, video