Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-08-2010, 01:38 PM   #71
superdave99

Drives: 2010 1SS CGM L99
Finally got the estimate and check from the insurance company. Initial estimate is $7100 but that was without the adjuster getting under the hood.

So, more to come. I'll post pics as soon as I get them.
superdave99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:43 PM   #72
bigted83
They call me captain slow

Drives: 2010 camaro lt
Rip his arms off and shove them up his ass
bigted83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:47 PM   #73
Kenster

Drives: 2LT Cyber Gray
Your insurance goes up because they think you let numbskulls drive your car. There is absolutely no way in that scenario I'd even ask a friend to drive his car, let alone take off with it after "trying" to call. I bet he said he never drove it hard or over the speed limit.
I'd have serious problems with this friend unless he took the car to a good body shop himself and paid in full to fix it like new with NO insurance company involved.
But thanks for reminding me to never loan my car out.
Kenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 03:20 PM   #74
VTXrider

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forcer View Post
I cannot say i had a friend Destroy any features on my car, i have only like 3 people drive it aside frm service appointments, my mom, her boyfriend and one cousin... My cousin borrowed it and brought it home with a small bend in the fender from my vertical doors being left open to long O.o but it was a good memory for her, so i didnt say anything and am ordering the aftermarket fenders. GOod with the bad man, if you want to mod yours id say do it now.
Um you fenders were bent from leaving the door open???
Old 07-08-2010, 03:22 PM   #75
BaylorSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
Maybe I'm missing something but why did you have to file under your insurance? There are 2 types of insurance, Liability and Comp/Coll. Liabilty covers you if you tear up some elses stuff ie wrecking a rental or crashing into someone else. Comp/col is for fixing your own vehicle if you are at fault. In this case, it seems like his Liability coverage should cover him to make you whole including depeciation.
BaylorSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:06 PM   #76
1 BAD RS 2 SS

Drives: 2010 RS 2 SS
Old 07-08-2010, 04:45 PM   #77
ruffian23

Drives: 2010 Black 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdave99 View Post
So, I was garaging my camaro over at a friend's house and he decided to take it to work one day (something about his car wouldn't start). I got a call later in the morning saying he took my car to work, he did mention that he tried to call me earlier to see if it was ok (but I never had a missed call on my phone).

Well, I got a call around 6:30p that evening saying he had rear-ended a Nissan Xterra, I felt myself getting sick! He said it wasn't bad and it was driveable so he was going to swap insurance with the other driver and drive it home.

I raced to his house to find the front of my beautiful car destroyed and coolant leaking in the garage. Did I mention there was a Coke in the cup holder? Yea, the inside is sticky and disgusting too! I don't have any pics yet, I couldn't bring myself to look at it long enough to take a picture.

So, has anyone else had this happen and how did you handle the insurance to get everything fixed? My friend apologized profusely and promised to get the car fixed like new, but I still find myself very upset with him. Maybe I just needed to vent, thanks for reading.
Wow, that sucks. The only person other than myself who has keys to my Camaro is my boyfriend, and I have made it absolutely clear to him that he is not to let anyone else drive it without my permission. Even he has to ask me if he wants it for a day, since it's my daily driver. =P
ruffian23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:04 PM   #78
LT5 John

Drives: 2010 RS/2LT Camaro / 2008 C6 Z06
Quote:
I was assuming the point was made when I asked him to "store" the car there. It's not my daily driver and I made a point to tell him I don't drive it to work in rush hour traffic. I left him the keys and told him that in case of a fire it should be the 2nd thing out of his garage after his wife and kids. I'm sure the insurance mess is going to be fun.

After the F**en beating I gave him, I would have called the cops and tell them he stole my car...F**ng idiot!...
LT5 John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:09 PM   #79
cdigiovanni

Drives: 2010 SS2, 03 vette supercharged,
thats screw up!

if it make you feel any better a buddy mine totaled my other friends RX7 then reported it stolen, then was arrested for false claims... karma is a bitch!
cdigiovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:16 PM   #80
Maxhenry

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT
Quote:
I left him the keys and told him that in case of a fire it should be the 2nd thing out of his garage after his wife and kids.
I think it's only fair that you get to take his wife for a ride and rear-end her.(<-his wife).

But, that's just me.....
Maxhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:52 AM   #81
Berean

Drives: Truck
Still friends?
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:18 AM   #82
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
Quote:
So, I was garaging my camaro over at a friend's house and he decided to take it to work one day (something about his car wouldn't start). I got a call later in the morning saying he took my car to work, he did mention that he tried to call me earlier to see if it was ok (but I never had a missed call on my phone).

Well, I got a call around 6:30p that evening saying he had rear-ended a Nissan Xterra, I felt myself getting sick! He said it wasn't bad and it was driveable so he was going to swap insurance with the other driver and drive it home.

I raced to his house to find the front of my beautiful car destroyed and coolant leaking in the garage. Did I mention there was a Coke in the cup holder? Yea, the inside is sticky and disgusting too! I don't have any pics yet, I couldn't bring myself to look at it long enough to take a picture.

So, has anyone else had this happen and how did you handle the insurance to get everything fixed? My friend apologized profusely and promised to get the car fixed like new, but I still find myself very upset with him. Maybe I just needed to vent, thanks for reading.
This will never happen to me.
If you ask to drive my Camaro and I say no, you will get angry.
If you ask to drive my Camaro and I say yes, and you have a mishap, I will get angry.
Better you than me!
No exceptions except a dealer's test drive.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:02 PM   #83
destroyerofu2
xbox360 tag

Drives: 2010 inferno orange 2SS
one thing is he would have died in the crash ......

at least thats what i would have told the cops when they came looking for him
I'd say his internal injuries must have been to severe and he passed away .... i sware officer......

one look at the car and i'm sure the cop would understand
It's mine, like it or not. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108079
destroyerofu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:08 PM   #84
USAF

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by import_killa View Post
Well since he was driving have his insurance fix it that way it doesnt make your rates go up. i'm sure his insurance covers him in any car that hes in

This is not the case. It is your insurance that covers your car and any driver that you give permission to drive it. Since he was the driver, the accident itself will go on his record but your insurance policy will be the one that covers it. I just had the same issue when my son drove the wifes car and wrecked it. He has his own insurance on his own car but my policy was on the car he wrecked.

The messy part will be if you didn't update the physical location of the vehicle on the policy or if you had converted the policy to a "stored" vehicle.
USAF is offline   Reply With Quote