Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-26-2010, 05:05 PM   #1
~Stacy~
Banned

Drives: Car
Sunroof issue

Something is wrong with my sunroof! I tried opening it when I got off of work and thing was shaking. You can shut it fine and vent it. But when you want to open her all the way up it starts shaking really bad like rambo The whole glass rattles. Is it from blasting my subwoofers to loud? I just celebrate my 6 month anniversary 6,000 miles yesterday now the problems are going to start:(
I got a hold of the service manager on my phone when I got off work. They can't look at it till Thursday which I'm not concerned about because I work thru Thursday but has anybody dealt with this issue before. My sunroof is constantly open on my camaro. I only turn on my air if it is 90 degrees or warmer.
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:53 PM   #2
busaboy

Drives: Black RS/SS M6
Sounds like the cables or the motor is binding. I would leave it closed as you would not want it to break in the open position. Unless you want to go swimming as you drive that is.
busaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:57 PM   #3
~Stacy~
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by busaboy View Post
Sounds like the cables or the motor is binding. I would leave it closed as you would not want it to break in the open position. Unless you want to go swimming as you drive that is.
I keep on opening and shut it which is not good:( I leave it open at night all the time but that's because its in the garage! Yes, I don't want a pool of water in my car epecially with my leather seats.:(
Old 07-26-2010, 07:00 PM   #4
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Leave it shut until your dealer can look at it.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:29 PM   #5
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Good luck at the dealer! I haven't had any issues with mine - been using it for almost 11 months now...
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:50 AM   #6
~Stacy~
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
Good luck at the dealer! I haven't had any issues with mine - been using it for almost 11 months now...
Thanks! I had mine for 6 months only and I have issues
Old 07-27-2010, 07:06 AM   #7
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
It might have a bunch of dirt and debris in the tracks from leaving it open all the time.
I was just reading my owners manual last night ,and it said that leaving it open can cause it to not work correctly due to dirt and debris.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:44 AM   #8
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
Good Luck Stacy. I'm sure the dealership will take good care of you.. Yes, do keep the sunroof closed until then though. I use mine all the time too. Not a great fan of AC, but with it being in the 100's for the past 2 weeks, I have unfortunately turned to the darkside and used the AC...
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 07:42 AM   #9
caddycruiser

Drives: Demo's
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
It might have a bunch of dirt and debris in the tracks from leaving it open all the time.
I was just reading my owners manual last night ,and it said that leaving it open can cause it to not work correctly due to dirt and debris.
Correct. Don't be leaving it open 24/7, especially not when it's parked, even in the garage. It's meant to use, but given how it works, debris, dust, etc. can easily get in them. Close it unless you're driving.

Hopefully an easy fix, cleaning or otherwise.
caddycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:24 AM   #10
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
I guess it depends where you live...The only time mine is closed is when I'm washing her or it's raining...otherwise, it's ALWAYS tilted, at the least. I don't care for A/C either, and even when the A/C is on, the sunroof is usually tilted open. Haven't had any issues in over 11 months and she's not garaged either...
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:16 AM   #11
BaylorSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
I had a similar issue on my Monte Carlo SS. If you look at the track, I bet it is dirty and grimy. I just wiped it down and used some lithium grease to lube it back up.
BaylorSS is offline   Reply With Quote