Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-03-2013, 02:09 PM   #407
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Could you fix the quote because Silversurfer21 made that statement not me.
Done.

Sorry!
Old 04-03-2013, 02:12 PM   #408
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Done.

Sorry!
That's ok, I don't know how the quotes got messed up...
Old 04-03-2013, 02:50 PM   #409

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
A-Bird...a pic of '67 Impala t-lites would be cool...I see those in the '14...lol...I like 'em...
Quote:
Wow -- funny you should say that - because..the first thing I thought of was "wow - reminds me of the '67 Impala" --
Aw, shucks...well you know that "Great minds think alike."......lol.....

j/k!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A gentleman from GM in one of those interviews, described the tail-lights as ..."60's inspired, with a contemporary look..."

Any way, as they do wrap around now, I thought the red running light on the quarter panel could go bye-bye...clean that area up...It's kind of close to the wrap-around, and if the new one was reflective, lit on the side, the old stand alone one wouldn't be necessary...dunno...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:03 PM   #410
Camss57

Drives: 2008 G8 GT
Fbod, any info on the 2014 1LE you care to share? Like is it still gonna have a hood wrap with the new hood?
Camss57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:38 PM   #411
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Sorry -- been tied up and have not been able to read thru this thread -- but wanted to respond when I can.

Yup -- watched Lopez myself and you are right.

On the other hand - no - I'm not quiet and I'm outspoken and I have been outspoken at GM for 36 years.
Did it affect promotions? I'm sure it probably did at one time or another.......that's human nature and it happens in most, if not all big companies.

A 'lil story:

One day in 2001 I was driving to the office very early in the morning - (I even remember the car - a Bright Rally Red Camaro SS - )
......and WWJ radio suddenly was reporting that Bob Lutz was coming back to General Motors. (he'd worked for GM for a time in the early 60s...)

I'm not kidding - I very nearly pulled off the road and did backflips!

I think he's a genius. I don't agree with everything he says, but in the grand scheme of the Automobile Industry? I'd put him in the top ten people of all time..........

A week later I sent him an email along the lines of:

"...DELIGHTED that you're back at GM -- and I can hardly wait to see what you have in mind....... "

......yada yada yada..............

".......and I hope I'll never again have to apologize for the passion I have for our products.........."

Fast forward to three weeks later:

I'm in a hotel room in Las Vegas at a Press event - it's like 1am (4am Detroit time) - and I hear a 'bing!' as another email hits my inbox.......

Hmmmmm......wonder who that migh-----...BOB LUTZ!!!!! WHOA!....

The note was pure Bob........

...".....been a bit busy getting settled with Product Planning and Engineering.........wanted to get back to you..".

...yada yada yada........

"........don't you ever apologize for Passion....because without passion, we cannot have the greatest products and without the greatest products we cannot win..........and I don't plan on losing!.."

That's what I loved about him......passion - AND....the ability to listen to those of us who are (as Peter DeLorenzo calls us) "The True Believers"......far down the ladder, so to speak.........

Perhaps I was lucky - I got "invited back" over the years......I also made some enemies, but on the other hand, I wasn't running for Mayor.

...and it also helped that I didn't have children that I had to worry about sending to college......

Anyway - glad you're here - and I hope you'll see the car in person and perhaps that it'll grow on you!

"........don't you ever apologize for Passion....because without passion, we cannot have the greatest products and without the greatest products we cannot win..........and I don't plan on losing!.."

A wonderful statement.
I'm gonna remember that one.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:53 PM   #412
Z/284ever

Drives: A few Camaros
Quote:
Yes - we did - and YOU are one of the people who we had in mind with the new Z/28. (...as you well know!)

Thank you for "keeping the faith" -

(...and another quick story - My phone rang in the office in early 1997 -and it was Z/284ever - I still don't know exactly how he got my number - but we talked - and he told me EXACTLY what he wanted in a Z/28. We couldn't very well do much about it with the 4th gen by that time - but I never forgot his thoughts -

..... and for those of us who were around in 1967 -
...well...

- just like "Pepperidge Farm" - WE REMEMBER!
How did I get your number? Ha! I'm very crafty, my friend.

I asked Russ C. for a ride in the Z/28. We'll see what happens.
Z/284ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:04 AM   #413
zora2mac8
Deano

Drives: Cyber Gray Metallic SS
this cant be right, someone is lying, or just wrong

so the v6 is getting more power, these numbers def have to be wrong then (0-60 wise.) if it is making 355, idk what torque or gearing, but.. i mean.. lol come on gm ... we get it

http://youtu.be/Br8DmIlbRrA?
t=4m

HTML Code:
http://ny5thgen.com/ZORAMAC8%20Z.htm
zora2mac8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:05 AM   #414
Cheveey57

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Anyway - glad you're here - and I hope you'll see the car in person and perhaps that it'll grow on you!

If something has to grow on you, then you never really liked in the first place. First impressions are what counts in design and appeal.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:46 AM   #415
Austin45
The Logistician

Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
I've never been a fan of the Camaros until the 5th gen. I remember playing Project Gotham Racing on xbox when I was young, and I always used the Camaro (4th gen) because it was the best car I had, but I felt it was the ugliest. Recently, I have also fell in love with the 1st gen, everything in between, not so much.

As far as this one goes, I'm not a huge fan either. I don't think it's "ruined" like some people say, but the redesign will probably keep the sales above Mustang. I don't like the new narrow grill, I think it looks odd and it makes the headlights look weird. I do like the new square fog lights though. As far as the tails go, I think they're great. A good throw back to the 69, and they look great with the LEDs.

Call me crazy, but one of my favorite features about cars is the headlights and taillights. I loved BMW when they were the only ones with halos, and then when the R8 came out I fell in love with the Audis with the LEDs. I even put LED strips on my G5, they looked great. Even though the new Camaro still have the halos, I just don't think they look as good with the new grill.

Speaking of the G5.... when I bought that car I had the opportunity to get a slightly used 2010 Camaro 1LT RS. I sat in it, and hated the interior. I hated the gauges, and I thought the steering wheel was terrible. When I was looking for a new car again in 2012, my sister talked me into looking at Camaros for giggles. I sat in a 2LT and said holy crap, this it. I loved the new steering wheel (yeah, I'm one of those guys) and the new dashboard. Then I got to drive one and the only thing I talked about on the test drive was the HUD.

I hope when I do get to see this car in person, it will change my mind. I want to love this car, but I just can't. I love the car I have, and my intention is to keep it forever. Thanks for all the hard work that went into making it.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:03 PM   #416
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by zora2mac8 View Post
so the v6 is getting more power, these numbers def have to be wrong then (0-60 wise.) if it is making 355, idk what torque or gearing, but.. i mean.. lol come on gm ... we get it

http://youtu.be/Br8DmIlbRrA?
t=4m

That story was a April fools prank that guy fell for. It was even on the motor trend website saying it was an April fools joke. I think the current V6 has a 0-60 time of 6.4 seconds....that alone should have thrown a flag up.

http://www.carscoops.com/2013/04/ent...style.html?m=1

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 04-04-2013 at 02:21 PM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #417
fbodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camss57 View Post
Fbod, any info on the 2014 1LE you care to share? Like is it still gonna have a hood wrap with the new hood?
Info out shortly.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:43 PM   #418
fbodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheveey57 View Post
If something has to grow on you, then you never really liked in the first place. First impressions are what counts in design and appeal.
If I had a dime for every person who saw a new Camaro model for the first time who didn't like it - and then loved it -- I could retire.

That may be the case with you - but I respectfully disagree because I know of many thousands who would also disagree with you.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:44 PM   #419
Pro Stock John
Writer

Drives: 2010 SS / 1967 Camaro
thanks for the invite to the unveiling, i see how it is
12.37@112 1.85 | + Kooks Headers/Cats + 20" 555R + CAI + BW TB + UDP + Tune
12.06@113 1.70 | + CD 3200 + 18" NT05R + RCR Intake + NE OTR + GPI Tune
11.84@115 1.59 | + 3.91s + Race Star 17x7 Fronts
10.90@125 1.47 | + GPI VVT Cam + BW Ported Heads + CD 3800
Pro Stock John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:46 PM   #420
fbodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheveey57 View Post
I have a perfect example for you!

The first time I set foot on Long Island? I HATED IT!

....and then I moved to Port Jefferson - for two years - and I loved Long Island (.......all except for the taxes and traffic........)