Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-22-2009, 03:10 PM   #1
Ant

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT/RS (V6)
I'm having dealer issues...

Here's the story...

I'm 18 years old and at the end of January I ordered a black 2LT/RS with white rally stripes from a local dealer.

The dealer gave me a credit application, to which I put my name on and one of my Grandparents (they have excellent credit) as the co-signer. The credit app got denied because supposedly my Grandma didn't make enough money (she's retired) but I know her and my Grandpa are loaded, so I guess I forgot to put their TOTAL income and I only put down hers. My Grandpa still works to this day.

So he sent me another credit app in the mail and this time I put my Grandpa as the co-signer...DENIED AGAIN. I guess it's because I'm 18 and barely have any credit. So I told the dealer that I will just have to put the car entirely in my Grandpa's name, even though I will be paying for it.

He told me that he's gonna have to send me another credit app, and that I'm also going to have to go into the dealership with my Grandpa to have him sign a new buyer's order.

I don't know how I'm gonna do this, because I don't want them to keep checking credit stores.

Keep in mind my dealer has a $500 deposit from me, and I guess my order hasn't even been submitted yet. I also want to change my order to white, and I won't be able to purchase the car until summer/fall anyway.

What should I do?
Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:31 PM   #2
RobbRock
Consultant Camino Real

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to RobbRock
Well since they already ran your grandfathers credit they shouldnt have to run it again They would just run the deal with your grandpa on. Good Luck
RobbRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:37 PM   #3
DeathChill

Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Do you really need any credit when you have a co-signer? I think your grandpa may present a risk if you can't make the payments (age, income) in the eyes of the credit agencies.
DeathChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:46 PM   #4
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Dude, I know you dont want to hear this, but take this as a sign from above
and wait till you can buy it yourself. Trust me on this friend.
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:52 PM   #5
DeathChill

Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by in a hurry View Post
Dude, I know you dont want to hear this, but take this as a sign from above
and wait till you can buy it yourself. Trust me on this friend.
I'd disagree, I'd just find a different co-signer as it sounds like his grandpa is unlikely to get the loan. However I say this assuming the original poster has a steady job with acceptable pay.
DeathChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:53 PM   #6
NUCAR

Drives: 68 big block
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbRock View Post
Well since they already ran your grandfathers credit they shouldnt have to run it again They would just run the deal with your grandpa on. Good Luck
Too early to be messing with Grandpa again. White is not going to come on until Juneish and the banks may be a little less spooky at that time. Approvals are going to be an issue for many, I fear.
NUCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:00 PM   #7
Ctrain24

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant View Post
Here's the story...

I'm 18 years old and at the end of January I ordered a black 2LT/RS with white rally stripes from a local dealer.

The dealer gave me a credit application, to which I put my name on and one of my Grandparents (they have excellent credit) as the co-signer. The credit app got denied because supposedly my Grandma didn't make enough money (she's retired) but I know her and my Grandpa are loaded, so I guess I forgot to put their TOTAL income and I only put down hers. My Grandpa still works to this day.

So he sent me another credit app in the mail and this time I put my Grandpa as the co-signer...DENIED AGAIN. I guess it's because I'm 18 and barely have any credit. So I told the dealer that I will just have to put the car entirely in my Grandpa's name, even though I will be paying for it.

He told me that he's gonna have to send me another credit app, and that I'm also going to have to go into the dealership with my Grandpa to have him sign a new buyer's order.

I don't know how I'm gonna do this, because I don't want them to keep checking credit stores.

Keep in mind my dealer has a $500 deposit from me, and I guess my order hasn't even been submitted yet. I also want to change my order to white, and I won't be able to purchase the car until summer/fall anyway.

What should I do?
How much are you putting down?
Ctrain24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:11 PM   #8
Ant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrain24 View Post
How much are you putting down?
I plan to put down around $10-12k.

And I don't know why my Grandpa would get denied, he makes good money (owns his own Masonry business) and has excellent credit.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:13 PM   #9
MrGazinya

Drives: Aggressive
Quote:

And I don't know why my Grandpa would get denied, he makes good money (owns his own Masonry business) and has excellent credit.
Something don't sound right here
in regards to not getting approved
Black 2SS RS LS3 Inferno Int. '17 1LE replica 20's {MODS} KOOKS LT: Borla S-Type: Roto-Fab CAI: Hurst ST.: PFADT Stage 2, Trailing arms, Tie Rods: ECS BigBlower Cam: Fast 102mm intake: Brian Tooley racing dual spring kit: TFS pushrod set: Katech C5R timing chain: Mellings high volume oil pump: ATI Balancer: Ideal performance upgraded clutch master cylinder:Tick performance upgraded slave cylinder/throwout bearing: Mantic 9000 twin disk clutch & light weight flywheel: Tuned by Doug Ring at ECS. 475RWHP/445RWTQ.Dynapack Dyno.

MrGazinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:14 PM   #10
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Quote:

Does he owe on anything significant?
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:58 PM   #11
Ant

Quote:
Originally Posted by in a hurry View Post
Does he owe on anything significant?
I don't think so...he may have a small mortgage though.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:35 PM   #12
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Here's my suggestion...Get the loan from your grandparents for the difference between what you have for the downpayment and the total out the door price. Arrange with your grandparents to pay them a fixed monthly amount for a fixed amount of time at a reasonable interest rate.

Your grandparents can put the car in their name and hold the title until you complete the loan payments.
rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 05:47 PM   #13
ravensjeff
100% Chevy & Harley Man

Drives: 2010 2SS: Blown LSX 376-B15
Sounds more like credit issues, vs dealer.

Believe me-dealers have plenty of issues, but wanting to sell a car isn't one of them.
ravensjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 05:59 PM   #14
Ant

I left my dealer a message today, but he never called me back. I'll try again tomorrow and try to find out exactly why the credit application didn't work.