Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-12-2011, 09:53 PM   #1
T_MECO

Drives: 2013 SS/RS 1LE
Trade in my 2010 for 45th anniversary Camaro??

I have a 1SS 2010 but I really like the 45th anniversary edition 2012. Is there really enough upgrades on the 2012 to make the trade in worth it? And yes I think the stripe package on the 45th is a 50% love/hate for folks. Also the I can't judge whether the rims are better than my current ones. My big selling point is the color! and the other amenities of the 2SS package with rear view camera and HUD.
T_MECO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:57 PM   #2
Prospective Buyer

Drives: Acura TL Acura MDX
If you can afford it, why not? You only live once.
Prospective Buyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:00 PM   #3
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prospective Buyer View Post
If you can afford it, why not? You only live once.
some people would find me nuts concetering i got mine all paid off and its a 2011 but i truely dig the 45th maybe in the future but yeah i am on board with him if you can afford it go for it get a limited edition car

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:01 PM   #4
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
I wouldn't make my decisions based off of other peoples likes or dislikes.............and that should be, buying point and not selling point. Good Luck and enjoy!
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:05 PM   #5
T_MECO

Drives: 2013 SS/RS 1LE
I guess I can always remove the stripes If I don't like em. I've got the okay from the wife which is probably the biggest hurdle
T_MECO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:18 PM   #6
exflirt
Corvette Goddess

Drives: Soon - 2015 Z06 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
yeah i am on board with him if you can afford it go for it get a limited edition car
The 45th is not going to be a limited edition car, even though it will be built for one year only. They will make as many as they can sell.

Also, keep in mind it is only an appearance package, although the 2012s do have some added options - but this will always be the case. If you're one of those people who will look at the Camaro two years after buying the 45th and say, "Boy, it sure comes with better standard options than mine did - should I trade?" you might want to think about all the money lost in such shaky economic times. Because admit it or not, it is a big financial hit on an already depreciating asset.

Now that the legalistic thoughts are out of the way, I must say that I love the 45th and am really excited about it, so I wouldn't blame you at all if you decided to go for it!
8.26.2014 - Deposit placed with Mike Furman @ Criswell Corvette in MD for 2015 2LZ Laguna Blue Z06 Convertible, navigation, carbon flash gfx, carbon flash stinger stripe, spectra gray wheels, dark gray calipers, gray interior, suede seat inserts. EXCITED is an understatement!
exflirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:19 PM   #7
exflirt
Corvette Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_MECO View Post
I guess I can always remove the stripes If I don't like em. I've got the okay from the wife which is probably the biggest hurdle
And there is a stripe delete option, but I ordered with them on as I will be using them as a template for my new hood, fascia, and painted stripes. But if you are at all unsure, I'd leave them on as they can always be removed later!
8.26.2014 - Deposit placed with Mike Furman @ Criswell Corvette in MD for 2015 2LZ Laguna Blue Z06 Convertible, navigation, carbon flash gfx, carbon flash stinger stripe, spectra gray wheels, dark gray calipers, gray interior, suede seat inserts. EXCITED is an understatement!
Old 07-12-2011, 10:25 PM   #8
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

wait how can you remove the stripes im confused i think its painted on from factory only way to get rid of them is to repaint the whole car and if you did that whats the point of the 45th? its just a waist of time at that point also MASSIVELY hurts the resell vaule\
*edit* minus the stripe delete option

Old 07-12-2011, 10:33 PM   #9
exflirt
Corvette Goddess

Quote:
wait how can you remove the stripes im confused i think its painted on from factory only way to get rid of them is to repaint the whole car and if you did that whats the point of the 45th? its just a waist of time at that point also MASSIVELY hurts the resell vaule\*edit* minus the stripe delete option
Ummmm, no, the stripes are not painted on - what Camaros have come from the factory with painted stripes? I believe the stripe delete is DX3 - do a Camaro5 search if interested.

The point of the 45th is lots of things - but some people aren't sold on the stripes. I like them, but there are plenty who like everything else - especially the paint color - but do not care at all for the stripes. The red, white, and blue stitching on the seats is probably my favorite, followed by the color. I do not care for the wheels at all. And if you really think any of these Camaros will have resale value - think again. They are a mass produced vehicle. In 10 years, my car will be worth almost nothing. In 20 years, it might be worth a little more than it was worth at 10 years - might. And they way they build vehicles today, the electronics are going to be the main sticking point for older vehicles in the future.

With that said, however, I am keeping all my original parts to put my vehicle back to stock if I should ever want to.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:37 PM   #10
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Quote:
Originally Posted by exflirt View Post
Ummmm, no, the stripes are not painted on - what Camaros have come from the factory with painted stripes? I believe the stripe delete is DX3 - do a Camaro5 search if interested.

The point of the 45th is lots of things - but some people aren't sold on the stripes. I like them, but there are plenty who like everything else - especially the paint color - but do not care at all for the stripes. The red, white, and blue stitching on the seats is probably my favorite, followed by the color. I do not care for the wheels at all. And if you really think any of these Camaros will have resale value - think again. They are a mass produced vehicle. In 10 years, my car will be worth almost nothing. In 20 years, it might be worth a little more than it was worth at 10 years - might. And they way they build vehicles today, the electronics are going to be the main sticking point for older vehicles in the future.

With that said, however, I am keeping all my original parts to put my vehicle back to stock if I should ever want to.
thats debateable but i wont agure time will tell all but i respect your point of view and agree to some extent maybe the bumblebee camaro cause it IS a limited production car

Old 07-12-2011, 10:53 PM   #11
RS1017

Drives: 2011 IBM 2LT/RS
Quote:
some people would find me nuts concetering i got mine all paid off and its a 2011 but i truely dig the 45th maybe in the future but yeah i am on board with him if you can afford it go for it get a limited edition car
Wow...learn how to spell CONSIDERING lol
RS1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:55 PM   #12
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS1017 View Post
Wow...learn how to spell CONSIDERING lol
i know i suck at spelling no one is prefect

Old 07-12-2011, 11:13 PM   #13
sschevybear11

Drives: 2011 Black 1SS
Not digging the stripes, fender badges, steering wheel or 04 GTO wheels. To each his own, if you like go for it.
Now: Coated Dynatech LT's/!Cats/Hurst Shifter/Roto-fab/SLP SS badges/JRE 415HP Tune, Scoop & Washer Relocation Bottle,Hurst Stunner 20X9 Wheels, Moroso Catch Can, ASP pulley, Magnaflow X-pipe, GTO remote clutch reservoir
1989 Silver 5.0 Mustang LX Coupe
1999 Pewter Tahoe LT
2011 Blue Camry SE
sschevybear11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:18 PM   #14
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschevybear11 View Post
Not digging the stripes, fender badges, steering wheel or 04 GTO wheels. To each his own, if you like go for it.
on the steering wheel wish you could swap it (factory or dealer) for an 10 11 steering wheel ONLY thing i am not truely feeling about the new camaros