Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 10-27-2011, 11:27 AM   #1
ctk1
Camarofanatic

Drives: 1969 SS, 1998 RS, 2010 VR 2SS/RS
Adam's question

Hey guys I have a quick Adam's question. I recently did the Fine Machine Polish, Machine Sealant, and Brilliant Glaze to my 3 cars. Last weekend I took them to a carshow. They hadn't been driven since the full detail so I just used Meguiar's spray detailer to freshen them up. I noticed when I got to the show that 2 of the cars has haze marks on them like when spray wax is not wiped off completely and drys. I kept buffing it off, but the haze kept coming back. I was thinking that the Meguiar's spray detailer may not be compatible with Adam's waxes. Any ideas?
2010 Victory Red R6P 2SS w/RS package. Gloss black Rallys, 6 speed manual, SLP Loudmouth I exhaust, LS7 style blackout panel, SS emblems front and rear, Custom 69 inspired headlight covers, Vararam no tune, Hurst Short Throw, and MTI Racing rear spoiler, SLP Front Splitter, ZL1 Side Skirts
ctk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:04 PM   #2
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Would be really unusual for a wax coat that had been applied a week + in advance to have any impact on how a quick detailer worked. What were the conditions like?

Hot or cold?
Direct sun or shade?
Humidity high or low?

Detailing products are all very much impacted by the ambient temps and humidity and it wouldn't be unusual for a spray product to smear/haze if the conditions were less than ideal. Since it wasn't our stuff its hard to say exactly what might have been acting on it, but if I had to guess I'd say it was just the conditions.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:43 PM   #3
GPC1

Drives: Camaro SS
I wonder if it's possible that the mixing of the 2 different products is causing the haze problem. We've found that happen here a few times. We typically use all Adams products but our lot attendants have some different, "cheaper" products that they use. When mixed with some of the Adams, we had similar results.
GPC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:15 PM   #4
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC1 View Post
I wonder if it's possible that the mixing of the 2 different products is causing the haze problem. We've found that happen here a few times. We typically use all Adams products but our lot attendants have some different, "cheaper" products that they use. When mixed with some of the Adams, we had similar results.
I know this isn't the case here. I've used the exact same combination before with no problems because I carry Megs DS in my trunk since the Adam's bottles leak like hell when they get hot. That is, until I figured out I could just put Adam's DS IN the Meg's bottle
Old 10-27-2011, 04:37 PM   #5
Adam's Polishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
I figured out I could just put Adam's DS IN the Meg's bottle
BLASPHEMY!!
Old 10-27-2011, 06:06 PM   #6
ctk1
Camarofanatic

The conditions were pretty nice. I initially wiped the cars down in my garage. It was about 70 degrees and not in the sun. At the show it was about 75 or so, and sunny. I didn't spray any more detailer at the show. The cars just kept hazing up on their own. I would buff them with a microfiber, and come back about 20 minutes later and they would be hazy again. I'm thinking that maybe the products just don't mix well.
2010 Victory Red R6P 2SS w/RS package. Gloss black Rallys, 6 speed manual, SLP Loudmouth I exhaust, LS7 style blackout panel, SS emblems front and rear, Custom 69 inspired headlight covers, Vararam no tune, Hurst Short Throw, and MTI Racing rear spoiler, SLP Front Splitter, ZL1 Side Skirts
Old 10-27-2011, 06:50 PM   #7
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctk1 View Post
The conditions were pretty nice. I initially wiped the cars down in my garage. It was about 70 degrees and not in the sun. At the show it was about 75 or so, and sunny. I didn't spray any more detailer at the show. The cars just kept hazing up on their own. I would buff them with a microfiber, and come back about 20 minutes later and they would be hazy again. I'm thinking that maybe the products just don't mix well.
That's really weird. Was it super humid?
Old 10-27-2011, 07:41 PM   #8
Adam's Polishes

When you applied the Machine Sealant did you give it about 30 minutes to cure before removing?

Did you wait the mandatory 12-24 hours before applying the glaze over the top?
Old 10-27-2011, 10:00 PM   #9
ctk1
Camarofanatic

I don't know that I gave the sealant 30 minutes...I would say maybe 25 or so. I did wait 24hrs + for the brilliant glaze though. Maybe it was just a weather thing. I didn't notice much humidity but could be wrong.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:01 AM   #10
Adam's Polishes

Cold and humidity will require you to give it more time to cure. If the temps are below about 65* I'd say wait 30-45 minutes to let it properly cure.

That may not be your issue, but it could be, hard to say. For your finish to just keep clouding up on its own is pretty unusual.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:23 AM   #11
EM1/SS

Drives: 11 2SS/RS M6 vert
Dylan,

If you have a question if it cured properly, is there any problem just waiting an hour or so?
Old 10-28-2011, 08:49 AM   #12
GPC1

Drives: Camaro SS
Interesting...
GPC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:22 AM   #13
Adam's Polishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by EM1/SS View Post
Dylan,

If you have a question if it cured properly, is there any problem just waiting an hour or so?
No... I've heard of people waiting hours between first application and removal without any issues. I've never personally tried, but other than maybe being a tad harder to remove there shouldn't be any issues.