Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-16-2013, 09:14 AM   #1
Landsteam

Drives: C63 AMG coupe
ZL1 convert vs C63 AMG coupe

I have a 2012 C63 coupe I was thinking about trading it for a ZL1 convert.
Did anyone here drive both?
I can't get to test drive the ZR1 prior because the car is about 10 hours from my house.
How are the seats in a ZR1 are they supportive?
The C63 has great seats and interior but lacks a raw feeling.
Landsteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:19 AM   #2
DDoug

Drives: '13 Inferno Orange ZL1 Convertible
ZL1 or ZR1?

I'm a big fella and am very comfortable in the ZL1 seats. That said if you are thin build, they might fell too large. Don't know.

I was only interested in convertibles, so no C63 test drives.
DDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:34 AM   #3
Landsteam

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDoug View Post
ZL1 or ZR1?

I'm a big fella and am very comfortable in the ZL1 seats. That said if you are thin build, they might fell too large. Don't know.
I am a little skinny guy.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:41 AM   #4
MPR

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
I think u type zr1 instead the zl1.

Ive driven both. The c63 seats are definately more supportive and feels much nicer than the zl1 seats or the zr1 seats.

Overall the c63 is much more refine. Everything from the finish, suspension, steering feel, and the dual clutch transmission.

This is a camaro forum, so you probably will get alot of bias. I personally will keep the c63. The only reason I will want to trade to a zl1 is if you need a manual or a convertible which u cant get with the c63.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:54 AM   #5
ryguy84

Drives: Nothing yet
Get a c63 507
ryguy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:31 PM   #6
LuckyZL-1
Ragtop Rocket!!!

Drives: Black on Black Convertible
They are two different animals. I almost bought a C63 AMG and it was a beast for being a luxury car. I have my ZL-1 Vert now and love it but I still want that C63 AMG for date nights with the wife or going out of town. Although the ZL-1 with tour mode on is pretty smooth it doesn't compare to the C63!! Trade it for the AMG then buy the ZL-1 then its a win win!!
just my .02
ADM custom cam, LPE stage 2 heads with dual valve springs, LS-3 ported throttle body, LPE 2 piece pulley, LPE overdrive balancer, 10% overdrive pulley, ported supercharger inlet, ADM race intake system, stainless works 1-7/8 headers, Injector Dynamics injectors, ADM heat exchanger, ADM dual fuel pump system, ADM exhaust switch, ADM 3 tunes tuning package.
744rwhp 727rwtq
LuckyZL-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:16 PM   #7
Landsteam

The ZR1 was a typo it should of been ZL1.
Yes if I had both then I can the best of everything.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:24 AM   #8
muscle96ss

Drives: 02 SS 35th LE Vert, 2013 ZL-1 Vert
I am fortunate enough to have both. Actually the C63 AMG(coupe) is my wife's but I have experience as both a driver and a passenger. Its really hard to compare the 2 vehicles as they are totally different beasts. In addition the ZL1 is a 6-speed and my wife's Merecedes is an auto. In short, they are both a ton of fun to drive but the ZL1 feels more like a raw sports car and the C63 feels more like luxury vehicle. Also the Merecedes has so many different buttons and settings that it is complicated while ZL1 is a lot more simple.

In regards to the seats, I don't like either and my wife likes both. The ZL1 vert seats are different from the coupe seats from what I understand as the back doesn't go back as far due to the structure. In addition there aren't any lumbar controls. The first week of driving the car was hell as my back was killing me because it gets wedged in the space between the seat cushion and the seat back. I finally had the idea of stuffing a towel in that area and have been fine since. Then the Merecedes seats kill me as well. I am a bodybuilder and my shoulders are wider than most. As a result the contours of the seat don't fit me well and I am basically just too wide for the seat. Most normal folks won't have this problem.
muscle96ss is offline   Reply With Quote