Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-13-2014, 07:12 PM   #1
muscle96ss

Drives: 02 SS 35th LE Vert, 2013 ZL-1 Vert
Arrow Anyone Have a Foglight Explode?

I was just driving home from the gym with the kids(had the the lights and foglights on) and heard a loud pop and it felt like something hit my drivers side front tire. I looked in my rear view mirror and it looked like yellow dust in the air. I thought to myself, "thats wierd I didn't see anything in the road!". I was about 1/2 mile from my house so when I got home I looked at the tires in the garage to see if there was any damage or anything out of the ordinary. I didn't see anything so went in the house. Not satisfied, I went back in the garage and noticed that there was a big hole where my drivers side foglight used to be. It is completely gone, empty space and no sign of anything hitting the vehicle itself. Either it somehow fell out or it burst; I am not sure which; maybe it overheated somehow. Has anybody had a similar experience?
muscle96ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 07:31 PM   #2
Bigtime53

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Have not heard anyone have this happen to them. First time for everything but I am guessing a car either threw a rock that passed you going the other direction or you had to hit something? I am only guessing though!
Bigtime53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 07:38 PM   #3
muscle96ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime53 View Post
Have not heard anyone have this happen to them. First time for everything but I am guessing a car either threw a rock that passed you going the other direction or you had to hit something? I am only guessing though!
There was a vehicle behind me, but no cars in front of me and none on the other side; it is one of the more desolate streets. I am pretty sure I would have seen something in the road, the sun was setting but definitely not dark yet. Also, based on the heigth of the light, it would have to have been pretty tall and most likely would have scratched or done some other damage on the plastic around the light. There is no sign of anything whatsoever; just a big hole where the light used to be.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:46 PM   #4
mmarx82

Drives: '12 ZL1 #1609
I'm gonna take a stab here and say the light is there but the glass lens is gone. Is that correct? It shouldn't be a big issue to get the dealership to replace and to answer the question no, pretty sure your the first.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:57 PM   #5
muscle96ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarx82 View Post
I'm gonna take a stab here and say the light is there but the glass lens is gone. Is that correct? It shouldn't be a big issue to get the dealership to replace and to answer the question no, pretty sure your the first.
Actually, now that the wife is home and she can hold the flashlight I went outside to take a better look in the hole to see what is actually in there. The light is actually in there and works. I guess it somehow fell inward and that is the thud I felt. I am guessing that the fixture just screws in somehow. Don't have enough room to unscrew and pop off the bottom panel; will mess with it tomorrow when I can get at it from a better angle.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:58 PM   #6
RiCorvette

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport 3LT
Not me, but a Business Park Neighbor's ZL1 is missing the Pass. side Fog Light -
I did not notice any exterior damage, one might expect, that would have taken it out....
very strange.
RiCorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:08 PM   #7
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I had a piece of truck tire take out the fog light on my HHR, it punched it out like that but caused no other damage. It was in the daytime and I saw it hit. I still have no clue where it came from.