Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-02-2012, 07:06 AM   #183
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Joe,

I've already told you how I felt about the article, and this is certainly verification of the qualities you possess and display at all times.

Very Good Job...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
while Al and I post on here - let me assure you that the team reads the posts on this site......you just don't perhaps know that they're there - but they are......

I'll quote Bob Lutz in a note to me: "Without Great Passion, there cannot be Great Cars - and without Great Cars - we can't win. We WILL win!"

TEAM CAMARO has passion! Camaro is everything to the members of this team.
Scott,

In the book, Camaro, A Legend Reborn, there are comments of your perserverence in bringing the Camaro back to the drawing board and the unbelievable fan base of enthusiasts. The LS, LT and SS models are simply amazing vehicles and I for one am happy to have one. The ZL1 is simply over the top...

I have no plans for one as of this time due to my continued work on my current car, which I feel I will always own... But, that isn't to say there wont be one in my future...

I wish to thank you for doggedly pursuing this car and for opening the eyes of the powers that be at GM to what could be... The volume of cars sold, and the fans base both in owners and in non-owning enthusiasts is simply amazing. Here we're are on a site of well in excess of 55,000 people, and then there is Chris from his site....

Kudo's for a job and passion well done.

I had the brief oppurtunity to meet you at the Fest in Phoenix, and it was one of the highlights of my first Fest experience. It was nice to be able to thank you in person for the assistance you offered in my little project for Doug...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloppen View Post
Great to have you part of our press review, Joe. You and Chris have provided a great deal of help to the Camaro team with your honest, accurate reporting. By the way, I will personally verify that you left with 'Perma-grin' !! Al O.
Al O,

I've never had the pleasure, Yet... but, I want to thank you for making a car I've dreamed about, and absolutley fell in love with the moment I first saw it, in a movie of all places.

My wife had me in the market to buy a 3/4 ton P/U at the time and I found myriad excuses to put off sealing the deal for one... I searched to the end of the internet and finally found a picture I felt would aid me in my new pursuit...

I showed my wife the picture and her simple statement was, it's your vehicle...

I made a trip in mine shortly after buying it from Austin Texas to Gillette Wyoming... Comfortable, exciting, etc..... were my only thoughts... On the last day of my class, my wife flew in and we made a seven day trip back in the car... Wyoming, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Texas.... My wife commented numerous times how comfortable the car was... More so than her SUV...

Thank You, and your Entire Team Camaro... for this amazing and lovable platform...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:09 AM   #184
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
This post along with Joe's writeup has to go into the posting hall of fame. Best one's I can ever remember and I have been around board a long time and I am a moderator/admin of a board.

Very exciting. Now I have to be a smart a$$ because that's how I roll.
You are all very biased.
Happy_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:04 AM   #185
Mjolnir
"Crusher"

Drives: Kawasaki Ninja 250r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie920212 View Post
Welcome to the site and the Chevy family!!
I ordered my third Camaro in Jan...And believe me!! Because I still own a 3rd and 4th gen Camaro... they keep getting better and better!!
Thanks a lot I'll definitely take your word on it. Hopefully soon I can say the same!
Mjolnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:06 AM   #186
MudderFinger

Drives: 2011 IOM SS/RS
I like those rims, I wish they had them in chrome.
MudderFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:47 AM   #187
third1
speed freak

Drives: 2015i Cadillac Escalade,10 IOM 2ss
Nice write up and pics
I hope to have one in the garage next to the SS.
I already have the wifes blessing, I just need the $$$$$
Current:2015i Cadilac Escalade,2016 Lexus RC350,2011 CVO StreetGlide cammed,tuned & loud. 2010 IMO/IO,custom stripes,GFX,sunrf,solo exhaust,JBA shorties,rotofab,Jannetty tune,Pfadt,JLw6 Audison&Hertz,7/4/09 2GIFKIEJ6A9123779Del 7/10/09
Former Camaros 72 LT1 Z28, 86 z28
[SIGPIC]
third1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:48 AM   #188
99firehawk
Order in on 13' ZL1 vert

Drives: 1999 Firehawk Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post

Scott,

I wish to thank you for doggedly pursuing this car and for opening the eyes of the powers that be at GM to what could be... The volume of cars sold, and the fans base both in owners and in non-owning enthusiasts is simply amazing. Here we're are on a site of well in excess of 55,000 people, and then there is Chris from his site....
^^^^^ This IS the reason I have come back to GM from being a long time Camaro/Firebird fan and going to Dodge for an SRT.

Great personal note above and without having met you Scott/Al....kudos to yours and Al's team for the creation and marketing of the new Camaro (especially ZL1) and I haven't been this excited for a new muscle car in years!!
99firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:11 AM   #189
MS3DALE

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3/6M Litho#190
"After dinner we had the opportunity to rub shoulders with the ZL1 engineers…Aaron Link graciously took me through the basics of tire-tread design: these aren’t your off-the-shelf Eagle F1s…they are tailored specifically to the ZL1. And he briefly explained the ins and outs of the MR system. Note to users: Performance Traction Management is aware that the car was designed with Eagle F1:G2 supercar tires. These means it expects a certain contact patch, deformation under load, and traction values (among other things) to be present when it adjusts power delivery and MR stiffness. Replacing these tires with a different brand won’t hurt anything, and may increase available traction for skilled drivers with the nannies off – but PTM won’t work as effectively as it does with the Goodyears"

This part is good to know,I already had the guy who ordered his ZL1 from us ask me if there were cheaper tires out,I laughed and kinda' said to him smartly...."If you can afford the car,you can afford the tires!!"

Just like some of the 'Vette's that have the Michelin Sport Cup Pilot tires that have a wear rating of 80,not getting much wear outta' those and at $500.00 apiece you better save up some money!

'11 IOM 2SS/RS LS3/6M HURST - Roto-Fab CAI-Kook's LTs-CORSA-Black Bear tuned
Proud Litho owner #190 - Homecoming Litho #120
'15 SILVERADO Z71 1500 LTZ Crew Cab - 6.2 "Midnight Edition" -Airaid intake-CORSA
MS3DALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:59 AM   #190
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
Joe should be a disciple..... Just sayin....
+1, and I would like to ad Joe has been a C5 mentor, commentator, moderator and Spokesman extraordinaire for the Camaro product and especially so for an enthusiast such as myself. Thank you. Great job on your presentation Joe... a job well done!
Old 03-02-2012, 01:52 PM   #191
scott53

Drives: '19 Camaro 2SS, '12 GMC Yukon
That is THE best article I have read on the ZL1. You are a talented writer. Thank you for posting.
scott53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:13 PM   #192
29er

Drives: 14 1LE Garage King
thanks for the experience!! very well written!! you made me fell like i was there.

how did you feel in your gut when you saw the silver one??
did you say to yourself this is my car!!!!????
29er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #193
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Thumbs up

Hi, just your average luvs-camaros guy(especially the C5s) and I wanted to chime in that, just like everyone else that has read it, you gave us a really good feel on what your experience was like in the ZL1. I've been without one for many years and I've always felt that that car(Camaro's in general) for some reason resonated in my soul - it's character that was developed there in Detroit was meant for a certain breed of people...yes, not for everyone(you know who you are )

Like some people who belong to this website, I've been waiting for that Camaro that says - That's the car I'm going to own!!! Your experience and knowledge that you conveyed helped to reassure my decision to get it. It had already been my goal to get one, but I had some reservations whether it would be too much car for me. Not after your review . Thanks Dragoneye for sharing with us fellow camaromaniacs, and I'm happy for you to have had your opportunity with the Zedelone

Happy Trails

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:20 PM   #194
vthokiefan
Stealthy SS

Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS w Black Stripes
I don't think I can add anymore kudos that have already been expressed for the awesome write-up (much better than most auto mag articles), except to say thank you . I love my SS but man that ZL1 gets me pumped

As a side note, I found their dedicated circuit for the exhaust cut-outs to be pretty cool... All I can say is that if I was getting a ZL1, that fuse would be going in the trash before leaving the dealer lot
3M Clear Bra, GM Strong MAF, Borla S-Type Axle-back, RX Catch Can, Pedders: Xa Coilovers, Sub-Frame / Radius Rod Inserts, BMR: Front & Rear sway bars / End links & RLCA plates, Defenderworx black bowties
vthokiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:06 PM   #195
Whorable MPG1975
I'd rather be Blown.

Drives: 1975 CAMARO 454ciBBC/TKO-600
AWESOME WRITE UP!

I so so glad the new ZL1 is doing great, I am looking forward to some late night reading on the forum when the all get delivered and eventually the wave of mods that will become available soon after it release.

"ZL1-specific HUD readout is really cool, by the way..."

Can someone post a picture of this? I totally forgot about the HUD. I drive a stupid Honda out here in Japan....

uugghh, 15 months till I get back...
Whorable MPG1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:37 AM   #196
camarolt76
2SS/RS Black/CGM Stripes

Drives: 88 Iroc, 76 Camaro, 2010 2SS/RS
Very nice writeup!
2SS/RS Black with CGM Rally Stripes (#8575) Built on 8th of May, Delivered 10 June 2009.

camarolt76 is offline   Reply With Quote