Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-11-2009, 07:40 AM   #1
Hoss

Drives: 2004GMC Extended Cab
My Order Was Accepted by Chevy on April 9th!

I placed my order with my Dealer on Oct 14th. They turned it into Chevy on April 9th. and I understand that in 6 to 8 weeks....I should have my New SS Camaro!!!! OH I am counting the days.
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:13 AM   #2
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Congrats!

"The future is in the windshield, not the rear-view mirror!"

"If you haven't gone a 175 mph on land, you haven't lived! That's just a fact!" - Ricky Bobby
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:16 AM   #3
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
I placed my order with my Dealer on Oct 14th. They turned it into Chevy on April 9th. and I understand that in 6 to 8 weeks....I should have my New SS Camaro!!!! OH I am counting the days.
Why didn't they submit the order till now? Mine was submitted and acceprted on the 13th of Oct.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:22 AM   #4
SSmoke

Drives: 2SS IBM m6 / 04 Nissan Titan
Send a message via AIM to SSmoke Send a message via Yahoo to SSmoke
Yes- sounds like the same situation I had. I'll explain...my order was taken and "accepted" on Oct 18th, however, dealers have certain allocations for different production times. My dealer had 13 pre-orders "allocated" to them. When production started each dealer got an allocation for how many cars they can submit at certain times. At my dealer only 1 went into march 16th production, another on the 26th and the 3rd (mine) was accepted for production on April 9th.
SSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:34 AM   #5
John Farnen

Drives: 1969 RSSS Convertable
I ordered my Yellow 2SS in October, it was built March 26, and has been "bayed" ever since waiting a truck. Has anyone whose car was built in March received it. Just wodered how long they take to ship.
John Farnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:34 AM   #6
Hoss

This is the build order the dealer gets confirmation on next Tuesday and the order is in line for the build. I was told the order will be delivered in 6 to 8 weeks. I was thinking your order should have been turned in already. You ordered the day before me. This is the second SS of the total of 5 SS the dealer is getting. I understand they are getting 6 LT versions or LS 6 bangers.

I sorry Folks I don't understand how this alotment (sp) thing with Chevy works.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:48 AM   #7
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
There are multiple accepted positions in the order workbench. 1100 is when the preliminary order is accepted in workbench. 2000 is when the order is accepted by GM. 3000 is when the order is accepted by production control.

It is good to be at 1100, better to be at 2000, and much better to be at 3000. With that being said, there is wait times at each benchmark along the way. I have been at 3000 since 03/26/2009. I have not moved past this spot yet. Two weeks ago my dealer thought I would get a VIN# by the next week. It did not happen.

I talked with them yesterday and they said they do not ussually sit there for two weeks. He is not sure why it is just sitting there. Also, he stated the car could just show up without me ever being told they have a VIN#. If my car comes faster I would be ok NOT being able to track it in the system. I will ask for the final event history sheet when it all said and done.

There are many threads on the site to show the event codes and descriptions. Ask your dealer where you are in the system using the event codes and then you will know how close you are. If he does not know tell him to talk to the inventory manager. He can get it for him.
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 06:35 PM   #8
cruisingcamaro

Drives: 2010 CGM SS2 RS- black stripes
delivery date mystery!

Yep- that is what I asked this week as my order was pulled and put on the workbench! When, Where, Date?
I guess we need to be patient and appreciate the fact that WE will be driving the new Chevy Camaro very soon. All of my co-workers and friends want first dibs to ride or drive my car. Maybe if I charge them a fee, I can help pay for my new baby.

Has anyone been invited to the May 6 unveiling of Camaro at the dealership? Go to Chevy website and order a t-shirt for this event! I have my new "Camaro" shirt and plan to flaunt it at every car show!

My ride: CGM, SS2, sunroof, black rally stripes, RS package. Soon.... very soon.....
cruisingcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:29 PM   #9
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisingcamaro View Post
Has anyone been invited to the May 6 unveiling of Camaro at the dealership?
A local dealership sent me an eMail that they were going to have a 'Classic Car Show' on Saturday May 9th to go along with showing the new Camaro.

Depending on what hours I work that day I may stop there with a friend. Too bad I couldn't have had mine in time to actually drive up to the show in my very own. lol
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:21 PM   #10
achalk

Drives: 2SS/RS+GFX/black/black
Quote:
This is the build order the dealer gets confirmation on next Tuesday and the order is in line for the build. I was told the order will be delivered in 6 to 8 weeks. I was thinking your order should have been turned in already. You ordered the day before me. This is the second SS of the total of 5 SS the dealer is getting. I understand they are getting 6 LT versions or LS 6 bangers.

I sorry Folks I don't understand how this alotment (sp) thing with Chevy works.
Hoss, I hope I'm not bursting your bubble, but if the allocation was this week, 04/09, it will be in the production cycle for close to a month (moving through the different stages), and then it will be another 4-8 weeks for it to be delivered.

Congrats on the vehicle...mine gets pulled next week!
achalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:27 PM   #11
Ohio5thgen

Drives: c6 corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by achalk View Post
Hoss, I hope I'm not bursting your bubble, but if the allocation was this week, 04/09, it will be in the production cycle for close to a month (moving through the different stages), and then it will be another 4-8 weeks for it to be delivered.

Congrats on the vehicle...mine gets pulled next week!
I disagree. No way 4-8 weeks for delivery. These first ones are taking longer but when things get rolling I say 2 weeks for delivery once the car is built. Maybe less.
Ohio5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:32 PM   #12
Hoss

My dealer told me the order would be about 6 to 8 weeks if everything was like previous orders and Impalas.

What a long wait it has been....but well worth it........I bet you!!! Our orders will come sometime soon, what a pleasent suprise it will be!!
Old 04-12-2009, 02:45 PM   #13
detroitboy
Pinholic

Drives: 11 Silverado, 08 Shelby GT500 Conv.
Quote:
My dealer told me the order would be about 6 to 8 weeks if everything was like previous orders and Impalas.

What a long wait it has been....but well worth it........I bet you!!! Our orders will come sometime soon, what a pleasent suprise it will be!!

Nope. Put some money on that with him. Its a guaranteed win. I ordered 10/13, went 3000 2/27, and have been 3400 for two weeks now.

ordered 01/19/07
3000 - 2/27/09
3400 - 3/27/09
3800 - 4/17/09 (built and lost in the vortex)
ship date ??????? (I gave up and got a GT500)
5/11/09 - order cancelled
5/27/09 - vehicle arrived at dealership for whoever bought it after me
detroitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 04:18 PM   #14
Hoss

Screwed and tattooed.....you are saying it will be 3 more months? I guess I will wait.......it will be worth it!!

My dealer didn't tell me the truth??