Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-22-2012, 11:25 AM   #1
FAST ZL1

Drives: 2012 Ashen Grey ZL1
Dash Emblem Problem

I was wondering how many people have had a problem with the ZL1 dash emblems coming off. I already removed mine because when I was wiping down the dash with my wash cloth and caught the 1 and ripped it in half. I am hoping that GM will have a better replacement in the future. This is not the first time I had the problem as the Z came loose before and I stuck it back on. Does anybody know if this would be a warranty issue? I think they should have resessed it in so it couldn't get caught while wiping the dash down. As much as I have to clean the interior because it is black this was going to happen.
FAST ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:37 AM   #2
EvilZL1
Snake Eater

Drives: 2012 AGM ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAST ZL1 View Post
I was wondering how many people have had a problem with the ZL1 dash emblems coming off. I already removed mine because when I was wiping down the dash with my wash cloth and caught the 1 and ripped it in half. I am hoping that GM will have a better replacement in the future. This is not the first time I had the problem as the Z came loose before and I stuck it back on. Does anybody know if this would be a warranty issue? I think they should have resessed it in so it couldn't get caught while wiping the dash down. As much as I have to clean the interior because it is black this was going to happen.
It has happened to me as well. My microfiber cloth tugged on the Z and bent it a little bit. I was just suggesting gluing it down until futher creations to replace it

Make sure you don’t forget to subscribe to my channel! More content on the way. Like, share with your friends
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9Z...sP2wjsLLFeP1zQ

Follow me on instagram:
http://www.instagram.com/snkeatr/
EvilZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:39 AM   #3
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Yea decals a bad idea your best bet is to purchase the hood ZL1 emblem and apply that yea it sucks it will be a raised emblem but IMHO better than the decal or just continue having the dealership replace them.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:10 PM   #4
kalamajama

Drives: 2012 ZL1 2002 Silverado, 2010 Prius
yep happened to mine too. I ordered a replacement set thru warranty. I'm thinking they are not wiping the surface clean before applying the decal. At any rate it's a cheap installation. Other than that My CF insert had some blems on it and tgey are replacing it. But I still love this car and if I had to live with it I can......
kalamajama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:39 PM   #5
FAST ZL1

Drives: 2012 Ashen Grey ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalamajama View Post
yep happened to mine too. I ordered a replacement set thru warranty. I'm thinking they are not wiping the surface clean before applying the decal. At any rate it's a cheap installation. Other than that My CF insert had some blems on it and tgey are replacing it. But I still love this car and if I had to live with it I can......
Is it staying put now that it was replaced? I was wondering if it was worth having them put a new one on if it is just going to get ripped off again during cleaning?
FAST ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:51 PM   #6
RoketRdr

Drives: 2010 Duramax; 2012 CTS-V Coupe
A little epoxy or 3M adhesive may do the trick.
RoketRdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:01 PM   #7
Al C.

Drives: ZL1 #529 "El-Jefe"
The 'L' was torn off during PDI, dealer ordered a replacement. It was on back order for awhile, just got a call saying part was in.
Al C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:39 PM   #8
1MtnGoat

Drives: '12 SIM ZL1, 1 of 49
Mine came partially loose the first time I wiped the dash down. The dealer was more than happy to replace it under warranty. It comes as the whole trim piece not the decals only. The replacement seems to be stuck down much better.
1MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:10 AM   #9
dirtymax70

Drives: 2012 ZL1
My car was delivered without it, guess the guy doing thr PDI did not think anyone would ever notice. Ordered one thru dealer under warranty...
dirtymax70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:00 PM   #10
2012ZL1
CaRaHoLiC

Drives: '12 ZL1,67 Cam,68 Biscayne 427 4 sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtymax70 View Post
My car was delivered without it, guess the guy doing thr PDI did not think anyone would ever notice. Ordered one thru dealer under warranty...
Or he stuck it on his tool box.....
2.55 upper, 10" lower pullies, Innovators west billet hub and sfi balancer, solid blower drive isolator, 50 mm idler kit, full length S/S headers no cats, comp cams custom grind cam, comp roller rocker trunion kit, comp push rods,dual valve springs retainers and locks, Injector dynamics ID850 inectors, Rotofab ZL1 cold air kit, Lingenfelter 160 thermostat, Rotofab intercooler reservoir, stock plugs, LS7 90mm throttle body, GTO clutch reservoir mod, my own custom catch can, Tuning by Jannetty, install by me.
2012ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:47 PM   #11
IcePick06

Drives: '12 AGM ZL1 (SOLD); '07 Ducati 1098
car wash took mine off after a few trips...I had them order me a replacement and found out during the process that GM doesn't sell just the EMBLEM...they only sell the entire plastic dash piece with the EMBLEM already attached!

I think GM went way to cheap with that piece, it should be etched into the plastic or something on a $60k car
IcePick06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:39 PM   #12
ZL1 STEVE
Addicted to Stainless!

Drives: 2012 ZL1 "Knight Fire"
Ditch the Dash Sticker

First time cleaning the dash and away went the top half of my "L" -- and to add insult I was injured -- those decals are like a razor blade!! My fix, ordered the trunk emblem. It looks a lot better than the stock. I would go with the trunk vs. hood emblem as the hood emblem is thinner on the bottom and if placed on the dash, it will face more towards the floor.
#872 of 1885 2012 ZL1's -- Victory Red, Exposed CF, Manual-6, Black Wheels, Suede Interior.
ZL1 STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:55 PM   #13
Al C.

Drives: ZL1 #529 "El-Jefe"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 STEVE View Post
First time cleaning the dash and away went the top half of my "L" -- and to add insult I was injured -- those decals are like a razor blade!! My fix, ordered the trunk emblem. It looks a lot better than the stock. I would go with the trunk vs. hood emblem as the hood emblem is thinner on the bottom and if placed on the dash, it will face more towards the floor.
Any pics?
Al C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:00 AM   #14
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...man I'm lost on all of this, I washed the car a couple times by hand, the break dust is a pain in the A that quicky accumulates on the wheels and rear lower quarters...but dash emblem problems due to wipeage escapes me. Not complaining here guys, but why is anyone doing that anyway right now....I mean, just sayin..., with how many miles on the car? Besides, here is a critical response... and please don't get all bended out by it.. If you are catching your wipe rag, cloth, or item on anything and not noticing it...you are either moving too fast, going too hard, or not concentrating on your task. Ok...I put it out there.....I said it....