Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 03-05-2013, 12:39 PM   #1
Missionboi
SoCal HT5 [COTW: 8/12/13]

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE RS
1LE wait time

Hey everyone! I know this question has probably been asked, but wanted to know when your guys 1LE was built, how long after that day did it take for you to get the delivery to your local dealer?

I know it all depends, but wanted to know your guys experience.
Missionboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #2
MotorCity

Drives: BRM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missionboi View Post
Hey everyone! I know this question has probably been asked, but wanted to know when your guys 1LE was built, how long after that day did it take for you to get the delivery to your local dealer?

mine had a set build date of 2/25/13, then got shipped around 3/1/13. It's currently under "bayed" status waiting for a truck/train to fill up or something of that nature. Should take another week or two for my 1LE to arrive at the dealer from what I have heard. I am in Detroit which is not very far in respect to the Camaro plant in Oshawa Canada
MotorCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:49 PM   #3
hammer94

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2ss/ 1LE
Bayed means it is waiting to be shipped. The Chevrolet website will say shipped but that is just a generic "label". It really depends on your event code. If your event code says 4b00 then it is waiting for shipment. My understanding is that they are stacking up the 1LE and the ZL1 at the factory out of fears of shipping in cold weather as the tires have been known to crack. I had a TPW of 2/25 as well, but my car must have been one of the last ones to be built because today is the first day showing produced and I finally got my VIN number. My guess is that they started it on Friday and finished it today. That kind of sucks, as I was hoping for a Wednesday car! I ordered mine on 1/24/2013. It will still have to go down the street for the hood wrap before being bayed. From what I hear there are people whose 1LE was produced a month ago that still have not actually shipped. I hope that doesn't happen to me, as I want mine now (or yesterday actually).
hammer94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:02 PM   #4
Jc's1LE

Drives: 2015 SW 1LE BA NPP Recaros
Welp i was just told that the weather has to warm up before they ship it so i ask when do you think they will WONDERFULL answer end of the month poss sometime in april.
Jc's1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:42 PM   #5
mikester0612
Camaro 5 Muscle

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missionboi View Post

Someone cant wait any longer

I just posted a picture today on Instagram of a red one
TSW Donington 22" Matte Black / Corsa Cat-Back Exhaust / Kooks Signature Stepped Headers 1 3/4" - 1 7/8" / High Flow Cats / Custom Tune / CAI Cold Air Intake / BMR 1" Lowering Springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Heritage Grill / Havoc Rear Diffuser
mikester0612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:48 PM   #6
Ajdin@A2BMotorsport
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I ordered mine on 2/22 and have a TPW of 4/1. I hope I dont have to wait for the train to fill up im only 100miles away from the plant. I know waiting sucks.
Ajdin@A2BMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:01 PM   #7
JJKJ

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Mine was built 1/25 and still bayed according to the Customer Service Rep this morning.
JJKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:41 PM   #8
BornCoqui

Drives: 05 STi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozz1LE View Post
I ordered mine on 2/22 and have a TPW of 4/1. I hope I dont have to wait for the train to fill up im only 100miles away from the plant. I know waiting sucks.
Bozz would you be willing to pm me what you paid for yours? Im looking to get something similar to what you ordered, 1ss RS 1le....
BornCoqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:13 PM   #9
Missionboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikester0612 View Post
Someone cant wait any longer

I just posted a picture today on Instagram of a red one
Haha I know I liked and commented it I just want my car already :(
Old 03-05-2013, 07:59 PM   #10
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
As you yourself noted, times vary. Last I read, they were all on hold as it was too cold to ship.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:21 PM   #11
hammer94

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2ss/ 1LE
JJKJ, do you mean 2/25 or has your car been actually bayed for 6 weeks? I hope not, as that sucks. I wish GM would just ship them myself, its not that cold. In addition, I wonder how they are stored when they are bayed. If they are out in the weather, what's the difference?? Does anybody know, how they are stored when they are bayed?
hammer94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:29 PM   #12
JJKJ

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer94 View Post
JJKJ, do you mean 2/25 or has your car been actually bayed for 6 weeks? I hope not, as that sucks. I wish GM would just ship them myself, its not that cold. In addition, I wonder how they are stored when they are bayed. If they are out in the weather, what's the difference?? Does anybody know, how they are stored when they are bayed?
I wish. It was built 1/25. I spoke with Chevrolet Customer Service yesterday and expressed my dissatisfaction. They told me it should ship this week but I put little faith in that.

I don't understand what has occurred. Most say it is due to the tires, but I don't know if that's completely accurate. My dealer ordered 3 1LE's for stock--all have the same equipment--2SS/RS 1LE, NPP with cargo net. The only difference between the cars is color--one red, one black and one white.

I purchased the red one on 2/14. At that time my dealer told me my car was in QC and they expected it to be shipped any day. Unfortunately that hasn't happened. Becky can't track mine because it was reported as sold by my dealer and that prevents other dealers from tracking it. However, I have asked Becky to track the other 2 1LE's my dealer ordered at the same time as mine. Becky found that the white one is still bayed but the black one is 4800, railcar offload, so it definitely shipped. According to my dealer and Chevrolet Customer service, my car is also still bayed.

Here's the other variable in this--if you look at order numbers, it doesn't make sense either. My car's order number is QQWF50, the black one that shipped is QQWF57 and the white car still bayed is QQWF58. I would think cars would ship in order of their build. I could understand if the cars had different equipment, but these 3 cars are all equipped identically.

Not sure why I'm so anxious to get this car anyway--it's not like I'm going to drive it soon since we got 5 more inches of snow yesterday.
JJKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:21 PM   #13
Jc's1LE

Drives: 2015 SW 1LE BA NPP Recaros
Yea i dont know either first its rail cars then its tires then im told wont be till sometime in april then its oo Its in QC. The truth would be great here
Jc's1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #14
Missionboi

Yea that's what sucks :( hopefully they get shipped out soon cause man the wait is eating me alive!! Lol! Becky informed me and sent me an email that my car was built TODAY! I'm happy that it's passed this stage now I hope It won't take long to ship :( unfortunately something always comes up at the plant :( I'm crossing my fingers for you guys!