Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 07-13-2010, 10:15 AM   #1
itsorange

Drives: 2010 CamaroSS2
mod friendly dealership

does anyone know of a dealership that will install minor mods and honor the warranty?

and Please don't tell me, "if you are worried about the warranty don't mod your car". I have a long term plan and ultimately I am not worried about voiding the warranty, however I do need to to stand until all the kinks get worked out with our 2010 camaros. Take for example the clutch, or the axles, I want my cake and I want to eat it too.

So I thought I would ask you guys, are there any Chevy dealerships in the great state of VA or MD that sell modified new cars? Or a dealership that will modify my car and honor the warranty. I have called all the local dealerships and they are all like, "we WILL NOT touch your car if you change anything." and, "we WILL NOT change anything on your car that isn't a GM part"

I am not looking to "stick it to the Man" or exploit loop-holes in the system. I just want a reasonable friendly dealership that will put my car on a lift and take an unbiased approach when solving problems like the braces or bushings, instead of running and hiding when they see High Flow cats installed.

Thank you in advance for your input,
Joey
itsorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:42 AM   #2
JProberts

Drives: 2SS RJT RS/Sunroof
I just spoke to my service advisor yesterday about adding lowering springs and sways to my 2SS and although GM doesn't offer any upgrades for the suspension he told me that if I brought in the parts they would install them.

So I asked how would this mod affect my GM warranty and he says "It won't affect it at all if i don't tell anyone". So there you go, it's really up to the dealership service departments individually and what type of mod you are doing. If you add a SC or turbo forget about it.

This is a dealer in SS, MD.
JProberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:37 PM   #3
itsorange

Drives: 2010 CamaroSS2
Thank you so much thats what I was looking for, does anyone else know of any other dealerships that are willing to install LT header w/High flow cats and exhaust and stand by their product?

Last edited by itsorange; 07-13-2010 at 12:54 PM.
itsorange is offline   Reply With Quote