Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 04-30-2013, 05:30 PM   #183
ForgedReality
Envy

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS - Black hood/hockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper45th View Post
So you guys are all leaving on the morning of the 30th? Bummer, you'll miss out on all the Sunday activities.

The question was asked on the FB rally discussion page about car washes in Sturgis. We have talked about trying to set up a group that would hand wash. Not sure where we're at on that. I'll check and let you all know.

Glad to see so many coming from your part of the country. Looking forward to meeting you all.
If I were going, I would plan to stay all four days, and bring my washing equipment. :P I'm still in search of a co-pilot though. :( I don't wanna be the only one I know there. :P
ForgedReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:53 PM   #184
Casper45th

Drives: 2012 45th SSRS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedReality View Post
If I were going, I would plan to stay all four days, and bring my washing equipment. :P I'm still in search of a co-pilot though. :( I don't wanna be the only one I know there. :P
Hey you own a Camaro, so you're already like family. We have one lone wolf from NorCal that's never met any of us face to face. Funny how FB seems to create friendships from all over. I didn't know anyone the first club event I went to and I usually travel alone. So don't let that stop you. I plan on meeting lots of people and shaking lots of hands.
Casper45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:18 AM   #185
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
There is a Sturgis Camaro Rally discussion group on Facebook for anyone who's interested - https://www.facebook.com/groups/211858482275070/
We will be heading back sometime on Sunday - play it by ear. Dennis has to work Tuesday so if we stay, it means we drive back straight through.

For ease of communication during our road trip, I plan to compile a cel phone list with everyone's first name, forum name (if applicable) and cel # and print several out to share among the group. If you want to be on that list please pm the info to me.

Rally shirts link should be up soon - I think Larry said May 3. If you want to pay for shipping to receive them sooner, that's fine. If you don't want to pay shipping we will pick them up and have them for you on the trip.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:01 PM   #186
Dragonlady
Lovin' it!

Drives: 2010 Synergy or a '83 Z-28.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
There is a Sturgis Camaro Rally discussion group on Facebook for anyone who's interested - https://www.facebook.com/groups/211858482275070/
We will be heading back sometime on Sunday - play it by ear. Dennis has to work Tuesday so if we stay, it means we drive back straight through.

For ease of communication during our road trip, I plan to compile a cel phone list with everyone's first name, forum name (if applicable) and cel # and print several out to share among the group. If you want to be on that list please pm the info to me.

Rally shirts link should be up soon - I think Larry said May 3. If you want to pay for shipping to receive them sooner, that's fine. If you don't want to pay shipping we will pick them up and have them for you on the trip.
Tori, may I suggest hand held radios also. They are a God send! When we did the cruise to Tahoe last year, we had to have them to participate in the cruise. We also used them to communicate to and from Tahoe. Helps when someone needs a potty break.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:29 PM   #187
schoen311

Drives: 2011 2SS RS Synergy Green
So.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
For anyone who is interested, there are a few of usfollowing Schoen back to Boise on June 30th. I'm sure she would be happy to lead a Camarovan
So........Hubby is thinking he might want to stay Sunday and head home Monday. I know some have rooms booked in Boise - just wanted to get a feel from those involved in the return through Boise to see what/if there is flexibility on time leaving Sturgis. He has never been there, so was hoping for some "tourist" time.

Thoughts?
schoen311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:27 PM   #188
Meltdownaverted
I sell Camaro's

Drives: traded 11 2SS RS SGM for 13 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedReality View Post
I normally go solo to these...you won't be the only one...plus there's lots of awesome people to meet, we aren't shy and you won't feel like a lone wolf after the first 5 sec.
Meltdownaverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:06 AM   #189
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Hand held radios would be great! I don't have one myself but I agree - excellent way to communicate otr.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:40 PM   #190
Dragonlady
Lovin' it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoen311 View Post
So........Hubby is thinking he might want to stay Sunday and head home Monday. I know some have rooms booked in Boise - just wanted to get a feel from those involved in the return through Boise to see what/if there is flexibility on time leaving Sturgis. He has never been there, so was hoping for some "tourist" time.

Thoughts?
I think the group that is traveling to Boise are going to do some touristy stuff Friday, Mt Rushmore ect. Keep me posted as to what the hubby wants to do. I have to be back to work Tuesday, so I know I'll be heading out fer sure Sunday.
How long is it from Sturgis to Boise? We can maybe stop and do some touristy stuff on the way back too.
New area for us and looking forward to seeing it!

Hey Forged, you already know quite a few of us that are going
Old 05-02-2013, 04:14 PM   #191
schoen311

Drives: 2011 2SS RS Synergy Green
:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
I think the group that is traveling to Boise are going to do some touristy stuff Friday, Mt Rushmore ect. Keep me posted as to what the hubby wants to do. I have to be back to work Tuesday, so I know I'll be heading out fer sure Sunday.
How long is it from Sturgis to Boise? We can maybe stop and do some touristy stuff on the way back too.
New area for us and looking forward to seeing it!

Hey Forged, you already know quite a few of us that are going
I guess it'll all depend on what we get in while we are there. We are driving all day Friday, so don't have the benefit of that day - I think that's why he's thinking of staying.....basically just there Saturday and then coming home. It is 14 hours Sturgis to Boise.

I'll keep you posted.
schoen311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:39 AM   #192
Dragonlady
Lovin' it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoen311 View Post
I guess it'll all depend on what we get in while we are there. We are driving all day Friday, so don't have the benefit of that day - I think that's why he's thinking of staying.....basically just there Saturday and then coming home. It is 14 hours Sturgis to Boise.

I'll keep you posted.
I understand. That would be quite the haul for just one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
Hand held radios would be great! I don't have one myself but I agree - excellent way to communicate otr.
A few of us have sets and are willing to share. I'll try to remember to mention on FB also. The more sets we have the better. I know we have at least one family traveling with a little guy, and we all remember what that's like
Old 05-06-2013, 03:20 PM   #193
razorz28

Drives: 2017 Jeep Rubicon, 2016 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman5730 View Post
HAY Razor are you still going with use down to Spokane
Hey sorry for the late response, I do not get on here much. The plan is still to go to Sturgis. Do you have a schedule of your plans? I have not booked any hotels yet.
Ray
razorz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:12 PM   #194
ForgedReality
Envy

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS - Black hood/hockey
What time are you guys leaving Spokane on Thursday or whatever?
ForgedReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:36 PM   #195
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..

Drives: 2010 Synergy
Six A.M.

With envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:15 PM   #196
Lee9710

Drives: 2013 Summit White ZL1
Send a message via Yahoo to Lee9710
Is anyone cruising from the Tacoma area to Spokane on the Wednesday before? Would be cool to not have to make the initial drive alone. I know it's almost 6 hours I think. If not, would anyone be able to make a smaller Camarovan to officially start the trip? I have to work that morning so it would put me getting out of here sometime in the afternoon.

Proud Owner of the baddest Camaro ever built
ZL1
Lee9710 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camarovan, sturgis, sturgis camaro rally