Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-22-2008, 09:07 AM   #1
jdpickering
Razzi

Drives: 99 Monte Carlo Z34
Camaro Chat 9:30-10:00

WendyClark: Ok, let's get started. Fire away ...

JohnFitzpatrick: Good morning Camaro world.... Any questions....

nancygrl2002: Hi John....The camaro that was revealed yesterday was awesome...I noticed that it was badged with RS. Is there going to be an RS in the lineup? And if so, will it be a V8 that's somewhere in between the V6 and SS horsepower???

JohnFitzpatrick: The RS will be available on both the LT (V6) and SS (V8) models. The RS is strictly an exterior trim package.

lyndalu: When are we going to see pictures of the SS?

JohnFitzpatrick: Stay tuned...

kworthin: What were the tradeoffs on the B pillar decision?

JohnFitzpatrick: Great question... I think Doug Houilhan can answer that at 10:30?

blackoutj: LOTS!!!!! Any news on if the HUD will be an available option?

JohnFitzpatrick: Not at start of production. Can not comment beyond that...

lyndalu: Also I haven't heard anything this week about the conv. Any news on this? When is it going to be released and photos?

JohnFitzpatrick: We will have a Camaro Convertible. Current plans for 2010. Pictures of the development convertible were released a couple of weeks ago.

WendyClark: We have a lot of questions in the queue ...we will try to get to all of them - John is typing as fast as he can!

nancygrl2002: Is there a plan for a Z28?

JohnFitzpatrick: I'm sorry, I can not comment on future product plans.

dvanduse396: When can we expect pricing?

JohnFitzpatrick: Pricing will be announced later this year.

wareagle900: Will there be a push button start available?

JohnFitzpatrick: Sorry, you will have to use the key to start the car. Camaro will be available with remote start.

bioterrorist2004: Who is the core customer? How will the Camaro be marketed?

JohnFitzpatrick: Our research indicates that Camaro will appeal to a wide range of customers. Both people who have a passion for their cars, and people who want to exhibit style or suprise their social group. Specific marketing plans will be unveiled later.

jpastorius: What are the motorsport plans for the new Camaro?

JohnFitzpatrick: We do have motorsports plans for the Camaro, however, we are not ready to share them at this time.

MrToad: Will there be an electric version of the car?

JohnFitzpatrick: We are always investigating alternative opportunities, but no specifics that I can share today.

wareagle900: Will there be any other color choices? bumblebee perhaps?

JohnFitzpatrick: We have 10 colors available for the Camaro. Go to Chevy.com/Camaro under "gallery" to view available colors. Regarding Bumblebee, stay tuned...

jpastorius: Would Chevrolet consider releasing a 1LE version some day?

JohnFitzpatrick: Perhaps.... Per the motorsport message earlier, we'll discuss specifics on motorsports at a later time.

blackoutj: Any slogans that will be used that you could comment on?

JohnFitzpatrick: Not at this time. Our advertising plans are still under development.

BitchinCamaro: When will dealerships start taking orders?

JohnFitzpatrick: Ordering information will be provided to the dealers in the Fall.

ws6w72: I noticed the RS badging on the models so equipped, on the SS models, will there be specific badging as well?

JohnFitzpatrick: Yes, SS badging will appear on the front grille and rear deck, as well as in the interior. One unique note, if you get the RS package with the SS, the SS badges on the exterior will change from Silver to Red.

Bama69: I would just like to say THANK YOU !!!!!!!!! for the return of the CAMARO !!!!!!

JohnFitzpatrick: Your welcome, but it is really due to the dedication of the many enthusiasts who never let the car completely pass on.

summer08: Which front fascias will be available with which models?

JohnFitzpatrick: There are two different front facias for the LS/LT and SS model. The SS model with have an slit above the grille and a little bit different lower grille.

kworthin: Will there be a true hugger orange color down the road?

JohnFitzpatrick: We will offer an orange, but it will not be a true hugger orange. We think you'll like the "Inferno Orange" we'll be offering.

lrkpetty: I thought production was to start in September but yesterday they said February.

JohnFitzpatrick: Production was always slated for February 2009. Pilot production begins later this year.

gss9909: is the slit on the ss functional?

JohnFitzpatrick: No, the slit is for appearance only.

MrToad: What's the gas millage going to be like?

JohnFitzpatrick: We think consumers will be very impressed with 26 MPG HWY for V6 and 23 MPG HWY for V8.

gss9909: wit production staring in febuary when will dealers get them and how will allocation be decided?

JohnFitzpatrick: Allocation plans are underdevelopment at this time. Those plans will be shared with dealers in a couple of months. The 2010 Camaro should start to appear by the end of the first quarter of 2009.

wplangan: can you tell us if the convertible will be soft or hard top?

JohnFitzpatrick: A lot of work has been put into the convertible. We concluded the best way to go for the Camaro was a soft top.

WendyClark: We have ten minutes left - we will try to get through your questions...if we do not we will save them and try to follow up via a post to GMNext.com

wareagle900: what is pilot production?

JohnFitzpatrick: In simpliest terms, its practice runs for the plant.

bioterrorist2004: Should Ford be worried? Is this going to compete against the Mustang?

JohnFitzpatrick: That's up to Ford to decide. We think the Camaro will more than hold its own when a Mustang pulls up next to it.

lyndalu: I thought we would get better gas millage than 26mpg since my 4th gen gets 30mpg on the highway. Hows that

JohnFitzpatrick: Remember, gas mileage is based on a federal government approved method. Actual gas mileage will depend on driving condition and use. If you get 30 with your 4th gen, you'll probably do even better with the 2010.

MrToad: Is the price range going to be close to a Corvett?

JohnFitzpatrick: When pricing is announced later this year, you'll find that our price is competitive with comparable Mustangs and Challengers.

mattruss: So is the RS/SS top model or the SS?

JohnFitzpatrick: SS is the V8 model. LT is the V6 model. RS is an appearance package that will include HID lamps with "halo ring". You'll have to decide which one is top. I can guess where you'll land.

puder1: What will the marketing department do to bring female customers?

JohnFitzpatrick: Our plans are still under development, but we recognize that female customers are important. We'll take steps to comunicate our great features in unique and different ways to different audiences.

mattruss: So if I want the V8 and the Halo lighting I will be ordering the RS/SS, is that correct?

JohnFitzpatrick: Yes, that is correct..

BitchinCamaro: What models is the USB port available on, and is it just for iPods?

JohnFitzpatrick: I believe any jump drive can fit in the USB. It will have to have MP3 files to be read, however.

wplangan: Nav system available?

JohnFitzpatrick: The Camaro will feature the optional OnStar Direction and Connection Package that will feature the most advanced navigational system available.

RandyCorkett: Can the car be ordered and pick up from the factory

JohnFitzpatrick: No plans that we can announce at this time. The issue we have is that Camaro will be produced in Oshawa, Canada, which makes it a little more difficult to offer the delivery system Corvette now offers.

gss9909: will there be a conquest or loyalty rebate or some kind of incevtive on this car? I hope.

JohnFitzpatrick: Incentive plans - if any - will not be announced until after the Camaro begins to arrive at dealerships in 2009.

wareagle900 to JohnFitzpatrick: Any plans for a green color option? when will we see pictures of the stripes offered?

JohnFitzpatrick: We'll continue to review consumer demand for future colors. Stripes will be available from both the factory and GM Accessories. More details later date.

WendyClark: Thanks for all the questions and thanks for joining us today. A transcript of this chat will be posted on GMnext.com later this week. Our next chat is with Michael Simcoe and Jeff Perkins, two of the designers who worked on the Camaro. To join the chat, go to chat.gmnext.com and enter the next chat room. Thanks again.

JohnFitzpatrick: Thanks every one for the questions... Great job...
jdpickering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:10 AM   #2
carsismeZ06
Corvette and Camaro lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro...some day...
Quote:
jpastorius: What are the motorsport plans for the new Camaro?

JohnFitzpatrick: We do have motorsports plans for the Camaro, however, we are not ready to share them at this time.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:13 AM   #3
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Thanks for the transcript.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:16 AM   #4
jmliptak

Drives: D
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!
jmliptak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:16 AM   #5
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
wareagle900: Will there be any other color choices? bumblebee perhaps?

JohnFitzpatrick: We have 10 colors available for the Camaro. Go to Chevy.com/Camaro under "gallery" to view available colors. Regarding Bumblebee, stay tuned...
bumblebee?
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:28 AM   #6
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
Hmmmm, interesting, it's gonna be priced between a comparable Mustang and Challenger, that's got my intrest ant to get halos we have to get the RS option. Can't wait to see what the price ranges are going to be. LATER THIS YEAR
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:30 AM   #7
the_saint

Drives: rusty
it sucks that you have to order the rs package just to get the hids.. that might add another 2000 plus to the price of the car...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jak View Post
Hmmmm, interesting, it's gonna be priced between a comparable Mustang and Challenger, that's got my intrest ant to get halos we have to get the RS option. Can't wait to see what the price ranges are going to be. LATER THIS YEAR
don't get too excited the srt8 chally with 425hp is close to 46k dollars and thats with out markups.. I'm not going to pay that much for a SS.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:36 AM   #8
CamaroSSforme
Got my two

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - RJT/Black
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSSforme
Well my plans for buying are now on hold...that certainly put a damper on the day...:-(
CamaroSSforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:57 AM   #9
D-Unit

Drives: Camaro SS, Acura RSX
Quote:
gss9909: is the slit on the ss functional?

JohnFitzpatrick: No, the slit is for appearance only.
Non functional Hood Scoop........................
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:57 AM   #10
motorhed

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IOM,2000 Grand Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSforme View Post
Well my plans for buying are now on hold...that certainly put a damper on the day...:-(
We just have to keep cool until we get some real words from the horses mouth, they (GM staff answering questions) are just filling the holes with speculation and grey type answers.

7/23/2010 - 1100
8/18/2010 - Born on Date 2G1FT1EW1B9120590
9/3/2010 - Pick Up
-----------------------------
| Photos |
motorhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:02 AM   #11
CamaroSSforme
Got my two

Not what I meant....I wanted the HUD, if it wasn't offered at all, I'd have been ok with that, but if it's going to be offered at a later date as she suggests, then I'll be waiting till a later date. It was just a downer on my plans to purchase. Still think it's a great car.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:03 AM   #12
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdpickering View Post
blackoutj: LOTS!!!!! Any news on if the HUD will be an available option?

JohnFitzpatrick: Not at start of production. Can not comment beyond that...

WTF .not giving much incentive to buy one right away if they come out with other stuff afterwards
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:05 AM   #13
CamaroSSforme
Got my two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
WTF .not giving much incentive to buy one right away if they come out with other stuff afterwards
My point exactly....I will not purchase another car only to have stuff come out mid model right after I purchase it, especially when it's something I really want. I've had this happen three times now (twice with GM). Not doing it again. I'll wait. My current cars work fine.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:09 AM   #14
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010
Z28 Hold Out!

Drives: 2000 Monte Carlo SS
FACTORY STRIPES! YES! ONE WORRY GONE!
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 is offline   Reply With Quote