Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV)

Old 05-19-2013, 04:18 PM   #1
Squiffy

Drives: 2011 RS 2SS CGM S/C
Question Host Hotel Parking?

Last year, I was in the overflow hotel, the Ramada, across the street from the Wyndham. This year, I was smart and booked as soon as the booking details was sent to my inbox. Since I'll be in the host hotel this year, I was wondering how parking works. The lot looked full last year. I'm worried about not being able to get a spot and having to park away from the host hotel. Is there some sort of parking system put in place so I'm guaranteed a spot for those who are staying in the host hotel?
Squiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:12 PM   #2
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiffy View Post
Last year, I was in the overflow hotel, the Ramada, across the street from the Wyndham. This year, I was smart and booked as soon as the booking details was sent to my inbox. Since I'll be in the host hotel this year, I was wondering how parking works. The lot looked full last year. I'm worried about not being able to get a spot and having to park away from the host hotel. Is there some sort of parking system put in place so I'm guaranteed a spot for those who are staying in the host hotel?
The Wyndham will probably be the only hotel this year. Its big enough for everyone and they pretty much got the entire hotel for us. There are more than enough spots, but alot of folks were using those silly tiny cones to block off their click sections and spots. We used our chairs and no one messed with them.

Sent from my Transformer
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:04 PM   #3
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
You'll have a spot! No worries!
Old 05-19-2013, 11:19 PM   #4
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
you will be fine, plenty of safe parking
Old 05-20-2013, 08:46 AM   #5
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ View Post
The Wyndham will probably be the only hotel this year. Its big enough for everyone and they pretty much got the entire hotel for us. There are more than enough spots, but alot of folks were using those silly tiny cones to block off their click sections and spots. We used our chairs and no one messed with them.

Sent from my Transformer
The cones were set out for all of the Camaro5 moderators.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:11 AM   #6
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
The cones were set out for all of the Camaro5 moderators.
I know, I ran one over.
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:58 PM   #7
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
So it wasn't really a clique thing, it was to make things easier for the mods to get in and out of the parking lot since they're the ones running everything.

I parked there to unload my stuff and then moved later that evening.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #8
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiffy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
So it wasn't really a clique thing, it was to make things easier for the mods to get in and out of the parking lot since they're the ones running everything.

I parked there to unload my stuff and then moved later that evening.
This year - we're going to strongly discourage cones, chairs, beer cans, etc...to reserve spots...including moderators.

We DO have the entire hotel...or darn close to it - so there will be parking around the entire perimeter. Which is going to be interesting...because the hotel is a 400+ room building and we've easily got 350 of them.

Parking is first-come, first served...and everyone is to play nice - there's going to be a lot of cars going in and out.

There will be a CAMAROS-ONLY area in the rear of the building. This means no trailers, no trucks, no Priuses, etc...those can park in the area to the side or front of the building.

In the next month or so - we'll have maps and printable guide sheets for everyone online.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:59 AM   #9
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ View Post
I know, I ran one over.
a cone, or a moderator?!
Old 05-21-2013, 07:30 AM   #10
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
This year - we're going to strongly discourage cones, chairs, beer cans, etc...to reserve spots...including moderators.

We DO have the entire hotel...or darn close to it - so there will be parking around the entire perimeter. Which is going to be interesting...because the hotel is a 400+ room building and we've easily got 350 of them.

Parking is first-come, first served...and everyone is to play nice - there's going to be a lot of cars going in and out.

There will be a CAMAROS-ONLY area in the rear of the building. This means no trailers, no trucks, no Priuses, etc...those can park in the area to the side or front of the building.

In the next month or so - we'll have maps and printable guide sheets for everyone online.
What?! I can't park my Prius out back?
Old 05-21-2013, 07:10 PM   #11
Squiffy

Drives: 2011 RS 2SS CGM S/C
Thanks for the responses everyone. I feel much better now. See you guys in Indianapolis.
Squiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:15 PM   #12
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
But, but, but, but.............some of us want to park with our club folks close together, put up our banners,...........represent. We want to set up our parking lot party spot so we can, set up our chairs, roam around some, but take turns watching our cars. Don't say they will be safe, I know for the most part, they will be, but like last year it only takes one or two idiots in the bunch to mess up a Camaro or two. One of our club guys had talked to one of the moderators about setting up designated areas for clubs that come out in force. We want to be able to hang out near our cars, with our comrads, find our C5 friends with their groups & hang out with them. If we can't save spots it will be harder to find each other.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:19 PM   #13
SM0KE
IN THE CIRCLE

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
+1
Why isnt this lady a mod yet?

SM0KE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:12 AM   #14
Oneslowz28
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 #1265
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
But, but, but, but.............some of us want to park with our club folks close together, put up our banners,...........represent. We want to set up our parking lot party spot so we can, set up our chairs, roam around some, but take turns watching our cars. Don't say they will be safe, I know for the most part, they will be, but like last year it only takes one or two idiots in the bunch to mess up a Camaro or two. One of our club guys had talked to one of the moderators about setting up designated areas for clubs that come out in force. We want to be able to hang out near our cars, with our comrads, find our C5 friends with their groups & hang out with them. If we can't save spots it will be harder to find each other.

Agreed, A club im in plans on having over 20 cars attending. We will also be traveling in a Camarovan down there. Is there a way for us to register the clubs to get blocks of parking? This way it would be organized.
Oneslowz28 is offline   Reply With Quote