Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Dealerships selling V6 unveil camaros now, the ones going under?
Yes that may be the case! 16 23.53%
No there is no connection! 52 76.47%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2009, 09:06 AM   #1
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Piece of the Puzzle?

Alot of dealers are going to be closing, we already know this, but which ones is the question. Many pre-orders have been taken from these dealers that are going to shut down or be shut down. It is concerning me, because my dealer is not a big dealer (8 allotments) and I would hate to start from scratch with my Camaro. There obviously is no public information on the exact dealers that will close, and I don't think it will be leaked. So I was sitting here the other day after going to my dealership for a test drive with the V6 pushed Camaro to only see it get sold right in front of me. What a dissappointment that was, and pissed me off to boot. After dwelling for awhile it struck me with this.

Are the dealers selling the V6 pushed Camaros before the May 6th unveil the dealers that might be shutting down?

I know that there is no evidence to prove that this might be the case, but it seems it would make good sense! Even if there was not a alot of dealers going out of business, this to me might indicate the dealers that are strong. And if there was maybe word to these dealers that they are going to close, it would not make no sense to hold onto the car until after the unveiling. I think they would sell everything they could as fast as they could. Again I don't want to instill to anyone that this is what is happening, but it seems logical to me. If I could find out before it happens, maybe I could plan for it, and maybe salvage my order some way. I am worried about my dealer, and don't want to see it closed, but I would like to know somehow if I could. So this came to my mind as a possibility. Maybe someone with the know could set me straight, that would be nice. These are tough times and I just want to be prepared the best I can. Tell me what you think!

"The future is in the windshield, not the rear-view mirror!"

"If you haven't gone a 175 mph on land, you haven't lived! That's just a fact!" - Ricky Bobby
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:10 AM   #2
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
We have 4 dealers within a 35 mile radius. I have no doubt at least one of them is going down. My car is safe because it will be built in the next couple of weeks if it isn't allready. I'll be curious how they will handle the ones who have pre-orders.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:11 AM   #3
Suskam

Drives: '11 Camaro/ '02 Grand Prix
It would be stupid of GM to "throw out" the orders of dealerships that are going to close. (if it is already in the GM order system) I would think that they would just contact the person that ordered and transfer the order to another dealership. Of course, they don't always do what is logical, so this might not be the case.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:13 AM   #4
MerlinZero
Big Orange

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
4 within 35 miles hmmm... makes me fearful...

One in my area already closed: Bret. Lets list the rest

Good
Auburn
Jet
Friendly
Sunset
Burien
Issaquah
Bellevue
Kirkland
Seattle (there might actually be 2 in seattle city limits)

And well those are just the ones off the top of my head

the WA area has probably 30 dealers I know half will probably close.
" First, there was darkness, Then, On March 16th, Scott said LET THERE BE CAMARO, and there was Camaro, and Scott saw that it was good. Camaro5 3:16"

VIN: 2G1FT1EWXA9120523
ETA 7/6/09 (Delivered 7/10/09)
MerlinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:14 AM   #5
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I don't think there is a connection. My dealer has allready told me they'll sell the one they get right away.

There sure is alot of Corvettes sitting on the lot though.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:15 AM   #6
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
Whether or not your dealer is selling their show car has nothing to do with whether or not they will be closing.

Yes, there will be closings...A LOT of them. About 3,000 actually. GM will make offers to under performing stores to see who wants to get out first. Then they will go to dealerships that aren't up to par as far as appearance and things go. Good news is that with the closings of Saab, Hummer, Saturn, and Pontiac, Chevrolet dealer closings should be minimal.

There is also talk of some of the big corporations getting out. About 6 months ago Autonation was talking about getting out of domestics all together and being strictly import. If that happens, they could easily account for 50-60% of all Chevrolet closings.

If your store closes, another dealer gets your vehicle. I'm pretty sure they will honor your contract and such, so there is really nothing to worry about there ecxept for maybe a longer drive to go pick her up.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:18 AM   #7
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
I think that the dealers that are selling their V6 just want to make money. The salesman wants to get paid, so the quicker the better. Rosner only had 8 allocations too, and they don't look even close to closing. Alot of cheery salesmen walking around there. Interesting theory, but I don't think it correlates.

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
RT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:27 AM   #8
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
I think there are dealers that are not closing that will sell the V6 immediately, but I also think that it could be a good indicator of what dealers to watch out for IMO. I hope I am totally wrong, I just have very bad vibes from my dealer. I hate all this speculation and doom and gloom, I just want to get my damn car and be done with it.

"The future is in the windshield, not the rear-view mirror!"

"If you haven't gone a 175 mph on land, you haven't lived! That's just a fact!" - Ricky Bobby
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:32 AM   #9
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
Word. I agree with Rocker tho. Another dealer should pick up your order. Also, I hear where you are coming from and hope you are wrong.

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
RT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:35 AM   #10
spi

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS
Send a message via MSN to spi Send a message via Yahoo to spi
i dont think it has anything to do with them closing, i think they just want to make some money.

VIN# 2G1FK1EJ0A9106637
spi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:26 PM   #11
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Well, of the dealers, the first ones that GM is getting rid of are Hummer, Saab, Saturn, and Pontiac. After that? It will be ones that are in close proximity to each other, which will simplify the logistics of ordering, allocation, and shipping cars. I don't doubt that some of the ones that are selling these cars will be closing, but I would also hazard a guess that some of them won't be. In other words, any correlation will either a coincidence or can be attributed to some other factor -like that dealer desperately needs money now to stay in business.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:33 PM   #12
RollTide

Drives: 97 Bonneville SSE
I don't think so. My dealer is already selling both SS and V6 cars while
opening another location 15 miles down the road.
RollTide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:46 PM   #13
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Decisions have not been made in terms of our dealer body - that's being done very carefully as I type this..............
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:50 PM   #14
Camaro509

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black
Spoke with my dealer this a.m., he stated that the showroom V6 can be sold according to what GM told them, but couldn't leave the showroom until the 10/12th. I don't see why any dealer wouldn't be able to sell the show cars,
or why they wouldn't. I mean, the cars are supposed to be sold right?

Fold for team 11108 to help find a cure!
Folding@home Stanford's Research DC Program.
Camaro509 is offline   Reply With Quote