Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-05-2014, 08:10 AM   #855
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19car69 View Post
I installed mine last night. I did not get the OBDII adapter with bluetooth. Is there built in bluetooth in the unit for the phone or do I need to purchase a usb bluetooth?
I *think* there's built in bluetooth - but I know some people have been having issues with the microphone not picking up their voice.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:11 AM   #856
19car69

Drives: 2012 1LS
I have tried to turn on the bluetooth and it just says it is turning on but them goes back to off. That is why I was wondering if it had built in or if it is looking for the usb bluetooth.
2012 1LS, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Apex scoop, Apex water bottle relocation, VMax Ported TB, Vitesse Throttle Controller, BMR Sway bars, BMR 1.2" drop springs, Koni rear shocks, Elite catch can, Solo Performance V6 Mach X-LFX Cat-Back Exhaust, Hex Vents, 1LE strut tower brace, Barton short throw, separate clutch reservoir, American Racing TORQ THRUST M 18X9, HiTS radio with reverse camera, GM Blade Dovetail spoiler, 2010 leather wrap steering wheel, vented engine cover, added Homelink to overhead console.
19car69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:58 AM   #857
bnorman

Drives: 2015 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19car69 View Post
I have tried to turn on the bluetooth and it just says it is turning on but them goes back to off. That is why I was wondering if it had built in or if it is looking for the usb bluetooth.
The bluetooth for the 4.0 does not work, only works for the 2.3.4. That is even with the bluetooth dongle which I ordered from him. Tomorrow I will have some time to see if I can work around it with an app or something, but right now doesn't work. It may work for streaming music, haven't had a chance to try that yet.
bnorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:13 AM   #858
19car69

Drives: 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorman View Post
The bluetooth for the 4.0 does not work, only works for the 2.3.4. That is even with the bluetooth dongle which I ordered from him. Tomorrow I will have some time to see if I can work around it with an app or something, but right now doesn't work. It may work for streaming music, haven't had a chance to try that yet.
At least I know I am not just being an idiot. I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't turn on.
2012 1LS, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Apex scoop, Apex water bottle relocation, VMax Ported TB, Vitesse Throttle Controller, BMR Sway bars, BMR 1.2" drop springs, Koni rear shocks, Elite catch can, Solo Performance V6 Mach X-LFX Cat-Back Exhaust, Hex Vents, 1LE strut tower brace, Barton short throw, separate clutch reservoir, American Racing TORQ THRUST M 18X9, HiTS radio with reverse camera, GM Blade Dovetail spoiler, 2010 leather wrap steering wheel, vented engine cover, added Homelink to overhead console.
19car69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:56 AM   #859
The Stig

Quote:
So basically if you want all the new features that come with 4.0, you lose your bluetooth
Old 03-05-2014, 02:12 PM   #860
bnorman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
So basically if you want all the new features that come with 4.0, you lose your bluetooth
Pretty much. Had everything working but the microphone in the 2.3.4. I did the upgrade and now hopefully only for a short time, will be without some of the other gadgets. But if that means it all gets fixed and I can help him do it, I'm okay with it.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:16 PM   #861
Yippee38

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS, '02 SOM Firehawk
Quote:
They've already stated that they are working on it I believe.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:57 PM   #862
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yippee38 View Post
They've already stated that they are working on it I believe.

No I know, but they shouldn't have suggested people update when there's a huge issue with the software.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:47 PM   #863
Powhusku

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Damn really wish this thing worked better than it does. Biggest problem I have with MyLink is the lack of a CD player and the other aftermarket units are just too ugly.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:02 PM   #864
bnorman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powhusku View Post
Damn really wish this thing worked better than it does. Biggest problem I have with MyLink is the lack of a CD player and the other aftermarket units are just too ugly.
So I checked the streaming and it works, use the icon BT2. Paired right up. So now back to the iGo, microphone and OBD2.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:37 PM   #865
SinisSick
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 ss
Nice! Hopefully u can figure out the mic issue.

Quote:
So I checked the streaming and it works, use the icon BT2. Paired right up. So now back to the iGo, microphone and OBD2.
SinisSick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:25 PM   #866
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powhusku View Post

You can't just put your CD's onto a flash drive?
Old 03-06-2014, 12:17 AM   #867
Yippee38

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS, '02 SOM Firehawk
Quote:
Sure. At reduced quality.

My issue is having the music I want to listen to when I want to listen to it. I've got about 10Gb of music on my phone that I play through my stereo. But the last few days, when getting ready to leave, I decided that I wanted to listen to a different album than what's on my phone. It takes so damn long to transfer an album to my phone, that I just grab the CD and go.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:19 AM   #868
Powhusku

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
I want to but the problem is I own way too may to fit on one that our cars can read. If I remember correctly, these cars can read up to a few thousand songs off a flash drive. I really wish I could put all 14,000 songs of mine on one and be good. I have all my CD's ripped to my computer in FLAC format so there's no quality loss, but unfortunately the only way to get all of them in one place that the car can actually utilize is by putting them on my iPod, which has a preamp that screws up the audio quality that I can't get rid of.