Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 08-07-2014, 05:45 AM   #239
94guy

Drives: 99 Camaro; 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
does it work with the whipple?

2010 Camaro
Stock bottom end with 46,000+miles JRE remote tuning Whipple A6 and Drive it to and from the track 9.46@146
94guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 07:15 AM   #240
Jerry7297

Drives: 2018 2SS/ 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94guy View Post
does it work with the whipple?
If you install with out a rain tray yes. I still have not seen anyone successfully install with a Whipple. Maybe someone else Knows.....

http://www.slponline.com/product/620...extractor.html
Jerry7297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 10:21 AM   #241
justjoshin

Drives: 2010 SW 1SS L99 Camaro
I like the look of the ACS TLE vent, I PM's them and it sounds like they may be making something for the 2010-2013 hoods.... I hope so!
Old 08-20-2014, 06:28 PM   #242
RayZ28
So-Cal Camaro Invasion

Drives: Autobot
finally got around to snapping some pics of the final product..
Attached Images

Old 08-20-2014, 06:41 PM   #243
Chaxce
Under construction...

Drives: Black 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayZ28 View Post

Looks ****ing epic, love the car. What's the difficulty on this project?
Old 08-20-2014, 08:11 PM   #244
Jerry7297

Drives: 2018 2SS/ 1LE
Quote:

Looks Great
Jerry7297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:44 PM   #245
RayZ28
So-Cal Camaro Invasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaxce View Post
Looks ****ing epic, love the car. What's the difficulty on this project?
Thanks! The whole cutting part is obviously the toughest part.. I didn't have the tools to do it myself so I had it done a at a local body shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry7297 View Post
Looks Great
Thanks!!
Old 08-21-2014, 09:30 AM   #246
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
So I have a question for everyone that has done this...

I track my car at speeds over 100-110mph on the road course. Has anyone who has this hood vent been at those speeds and can confirm the stability of the hood vent and hood.

Don't really want to do this and have my hood flopping up and down while I'm at Fontana Speedway.

Thx
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:21 PM   #247
RayZ28
So-Cal Camaro Invasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
So I have a question for everyone that has done this...

I track my car at speeds over 100-110mph on the road course. Has anyone who has this hood vent been at those speeds and can confirm the stability of the hood vent and hood.

Don't really want to do this and have my hood flopping up and down while I'm at Fontana Speedway.

Thx
ive done over 100 several times since i had it installed.. theres nothing in any of the components in this that moves or anything close to that.. basically if you do the install right high speeds shouldnt mess with its stability.. as with stock Camaros that carry this part.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:17 PM   #248
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Quote:
ive done over 100 several times since i had it installed.. theres nothing in any of the components in this that moves or anything close to that.. basically if you do the install right high speeds shouldnt mess with its stability.. as with stock Camaros that carry this part.

Ok,

Thx for the feedback!
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:54 PM   #249
LSX Camaro
Master ASE, GM, LSX Tech.

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I recently finished up installing the vent on my 2010. I made the template from cardboard. With the vent upside down you can place the cut cardboard and see how your cut line will look. There is a decent margin for error. I used a electric cut off die grinder with a 6" wheel. I masked off the hood and fenders with tape, cover the engine and car with blankets. Looking back it would have been better to remove the hood and cut away from the car.

My advice is measure and re-measure then measure again. Only cut once. I went to my local Chevy dealer and measured a new Camaro on the lot to get the placement measurements. It is 16 1/4 from the back of the hood to the edge of the vent. However that is not your cutting line. The center left/right is easy with the line in the hood.
There are 6 mounting studs on the vent, I made my own brackets to secure. With the insulation cut they are all hidden. I did not use the factory under hood water deflector. Defeats the entire purpose of venting out under hood heat. Over all it was an easy install that came out great. Anyone considering this just remember to measure and make sure your template is accurate.
2010 2SSRS A6, Custom Pat G. Cam, WCCH Cylinder Heads, Kooks Headers/Exhaust, BTR Valvetrain, Fluidampr 25% UDP, All Engine ARP bolts, Flex-a-lite radiator/Trans cooler, Yank converter, PFADT Suspension, ADM Race Intake/Scoop, Torq tow hook, CFD auto shifter, Dynojet AFR gauge, Aeroforce scan gauge, Brake Performance rotors/pads
Prothane bushings, ZL1 wheels, spoiler, Z/28 wickerbill, 1LE Aero/Suspension Package, Anderson Composites COPO Carbon Fiber Hood, LED lighting, Elite Catch Can, Improved Racing oil pan baffle, crank scraper, windage tray
480 RWHP 452 RWTQ + Nitrous Express 150 Shot
LSX Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 10:07 AM   #250
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSX Camaro View Post
I recently finished up installing the vent on my 2010. I made the template from cardboard. With the vent upside down you can place the cut cardboard and see how your cut line will look. There is a decent margin for error. I used a electric cut off die grinder with a 6" wheel. I masked off the hood and fenders with tape, cover the engine and car with blankets. Looking back it would have been better to remove the hood and cut away from the car.

My advice is measure and re-measure then measure again. Only cut once. I went to my local Chevy dealer and measured a new Camaro on the lot to get the placement measurements. It is 16 1/4 from the back of the hood to the edge of the vent. However that is not your cutting line. The center left/right is easy with the line in the hood.
There are 6 mounting studs on the vent, I made my own brackets to secure. With the insulation cut they are all hidden. I did not use the factory under hood water deflector. Defeats the entire purpose of venting out under hood heat. Over all it was an easy install that came out great. Anyone considering this just remember to measure and make sure your template is accurate.
Good. How much will you charge to do mine? lol
Old 08-22-2014, 11:42 AM   #251
summit1le

Drives: 15 Lexus RCF, 17 Vette Grand Sport
Anyone have a templete that I could use?? I am receiving my part tomorrow??
2013 Summit 1SS 1LE w/NPP, SW 1 7/8" Long Tube Headers, CAI Intake, Ported TB, Cammotion 224/232 113 LSA, BTR Valvetrain, Melling Oil Pump, 468 HP 423, Apex Catch Can, Tank Plates, RPM 4 Point Roll Bar with SCCA/NASA Cross Brace, Schroth 6 Point Han's Harness, OMP WRC Front Seats, F.M.T Trailing Arms, F.M.T Solid Aluminum Subframe Bushings, Moreno Motorsports Camber Plates, BMR Bushings Front and Rear, Essex/AP Racing Radi-Cal Endurance Front Brakes, Quantum Brake Cooling Ducts, ZL1 Rockers, ZL1 Air Deflectors, Heritage Grill, Pfadt Springs.
summit1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 02:34 PM   #252
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Dang! You guys just made me add one more mod to the list!