Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-31-2015, 09:19 AM   #1
arkentect

Drives: 2010 Camaro SGM 1LT M6
Stance Options/Opinions

Ive been a muscle/classic car guy since I was kid. The two things every muscle car looks good with are Fat rear tires and a good rake stance towards the front.

Has anyone lowered just the front of their Camaro to give it a more aggressive look? Did it come out good? I'm wondering if lowering just the front 1"-1.25" would come out decent
arkentect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 10:33 AM   #2
arkentect

Really? Nobody?
Old 03-31-2015, 10:50 AM   #3
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
I think the title will scare a lot of people off.
The 'new thing' in the ricer world is to 'stance' their car, but it means something completely different, and it's stupid.

With that said, i don't know of anyone offhand that has tried that on the Camaro by just front springs. Mostly because most companies offer springs as sets of 4. Doing just the fronts with lowering springs would also make it handle a bit different since the spring rates of the front would be higher in ratio to the rear.

I think it could look good though, does that make me old? lol
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 12:48 PM   #4
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@WretchedMS View Post
I think the title will scare a lot of people off.
The 'new thing' in the ricer world is to 'stance' their car, but it means something completely different, and it's stupid.

lol
Ricers have put the word Stupid into Car Culture!

BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 12:57 PM   #5
ModBargains.com

Drives: Widebody 2013 Mustang GT
I don't think we should discriminate just based on other people's preferences on modifying cars. I think each person has their preference on how they want to modify their car and we shouldn't look down on those people just because they have a difference of opinion. So if we can lay off the slander saying that it's stupid I would appreciate it. I understand a lot of people on this forum don't modify their car normally to be 'stanced' but it doesn't make a difference one way or another, this is a community where people should be open to ask questions because we're all curious about our cars and how we can all modify them to make them unique for ourselves, so please, who cares if you think it's stupid, a lot of people don't think think the same way.

With that said, Rob is right, I don't see a lot of guys just buying front springs, nor do a lot of manufacturers allow them to be purchased just for a pair rather than a full set. Now, arkentect, if you want to send me a PM so you don't have other people claiming what you want to do to be stupid, get in touch with me. I've been modifying cars for a long time in styles geared towards your preference. There wont be any discrimination for what you want to do to make your car unique over here.
ModBargains.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 01:32 PM   #6
H-E
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
If it's for looks I would be looking at using tire diameter to get the rake, using different springs is a bad idea.This isn't good for traction,the higher the rear the more nose weight but it does look great.
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 02:34 PM   #7
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
The rake wont be as pronounced, but you could also consider a 1" in back and a 1.25" in the front. BMR for example has both.
Old 03-31-2015, 03:36 PM   #8
arkentect

Ive always just liked the rake look. I wouldnt mind making the rear tire size larger but I really dont wanna mess with the speedometer reading. This is the kind of stance I'm looking for not the extreme camber look.

Old 03-31-2015, 04:12 PM   #9
Rob@WretchedMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModBargains.com View Post
I don't think we should discriminate just based on other people's preferences on modifying cars. I think each person has their preference on how they want to modify their car and we shouldn't look down on those people just because they have a difference of opinion. So if we can lay off the slander saying that it's stupid I would appreciate it. I understand a lot of people on this forum don't modify their car normally to be 'stanced' but it doesn't make a difference one way or another, this is a community where people should be open to ask questions because we're all curious about our cars and how we can all modify them to make them unique for ourselves, so please, who cares if you think it's stupid, a lot of people don't think think the same way.

With that said, Rob is right, I don't see a lot of guys just buying front springs, nor do a lot of manufacturers allow them to be purchased just for a pair rather than a full set. Now, arkentect, if you want to send me a PM so you don't have other people claiming what you want to do to be stupid, get in touch with me. I've been modifying cars for a long time in styles geared towards your preference. There wont be any discrimination for what you want to do to make your car unique over here.
I am allowed to have an opinion, just as you are, I think the 'stanced' ricer thing is stupid, and i'm sorry if that hurts your feels.

Rake is something different and i don't appreciate you trying to spin this in to me making fun of the gentleman posting this thread.

and for the record, this is stupid.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:14 PM   #10
aFe POWER

Drives: Camaro
If you are honestly looking for a "muscle car stance" which I agree looks mean and aggressive. You would have to look into coilovers, this way you can adjust the ride height to your own liking. I am waiting to do this on my personal vehicle, you can choose to lower the front and bump up the rear. After that all you really need is some pretty stout looking wheels and tires and your done.
aFe POWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 04:15 PM   #11
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
[
[/QUOTE]

raked, not squashed.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 04:40 PM   #12
ModBargains.com

Drives: Widebody 2013 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@WretchedMS View Post
I am allowed to have an opinion, just as you are, I think the 'stanced' ricer thing is stupid, and i'm sorry if that hurts your feels.

Rake is something different and i don't appreciate you trying to spin this in to me making fun of the gentleman posting this thread.

Yes you are 100% entitled to your opinion, and I'm not trying to tell you that you cannot make a comment like that, but when you're opinion is calling a style or the people who want to modify their car in that style 'stupid,' it isn't very mature in a community forum like this. You're correct in the sense that the majority of the forum might not be into 'stanced' fitments but instead of calling it stupid why wouldn't you just say to yourself instead, "You know what, I'm not really into that sort of thing, I don't really have anything to bring to the table in this discussion, so I'll stay out of it."

I'm not trying to start anything, honestly I'm not, I just feel that people on this forum are looking for actual useful commentary rather than negative comments on something he/she might really be interested in. This should be a safe place, a community where we can ask questions, pick each others brains, get ideas to make our own cars unique to what we feel is the best. Who is anyone to tell one person how to modify their own personal vehicle with their own money if it's something that they don't like. So I just don't like seeing people jumping on just to shut someone down who might genuinely be interested in this style.

This has nothing to do with your opinion, nor does it have anything to do with me defending any particular style either, it's just a negative attitude, shutting someone down asking a simple question by then replying with it's stupid is not what this forum is about... Oh and that picture you posted isn't stanced, that's VIP style, huge difference, and I doubt that's really what the OP meant.
ModBargains.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 05:01 PM   #13
Rob@WretchedMS

god i'm old......

I know that isn't what he meant, that's why i posted,

So what you are telling me is that not only is there 'Stanced' there is 'VIP Style'
So, stanced is just lowered, but not called lowered, called stanced?
What makes them VIP? and does VIP have a cool acronym?

Are there any other ones that are being missed?

With all of that said, i think you are mis-reading what i said in my first post.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:19 PM   #14
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Just add Lambo doors to the picture Rob posted and it's perfect stance....