Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-12-2013, 08:15 PM   #1
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
RPI Designs

I am getting ready to place an order for these red jewel tint items. I understand that they are a little slow to ship and that doesn't bother me since I won't need these until April. I will be ordering the Heritage Grill so will use the bowties on it. What is the quality of their parts and work. Please PM me any negative comments. If anyone can recommend any other RJT under hood items please do.

Dipstick
http://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=1796

Fusebox
http://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=1817

Front and rear bowties (with chrome edge)
http://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=1800

Brake reservoir cover
http://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=1818
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:26 PM   #2
kosmo
Finally Satisfied

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 2SS M6
I have read some negative experiences from others here but I personally have had great service from them. Josh has always answered my questions via email promptly. I just received pre-painted tail light bezels and fog light bezels from them and the quality was top notch. I will be ordering the ZL1 style splitter and ZL1 side rockers (both pre-painted) from them very soon.
kosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #3
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Thanks kosmo, do you have pictures of the bezels installed? I was just looking at those too.
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
Old 01-12-2013, 08:36 PM   #4
kosmo
Finally Satisfied

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxspeed View Post
Thanks kosmo, do you have pictures of the bezels installed? I was just looking at those too.
Here you go. Good luck with the mods!
Attached Images

kosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:39 PM   #5
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

That looks awesome thanks.

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
Old 01-12-2013, 09:25 PM   #6
Macky

Drives: 2016 1SS, Garnet Red Tintcoat
Got my painted CAI from them and it was a great experience! No worries!
Old 01-12-2013, 09:44 PM   #7
iCamaro

Drives: 2012 LT RS Camaro
Let me know how it goes with the reservoir cover! That is the only cover I want and I have only found it at RPI and west coast camaro. I have taken the plung yet on either site.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:55 PM   #8
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
I have ordered from RPI a few times now. The reservoir cover is a nice piece. I ordered mine after seeing it on a friends car. Mine is victory red and I received it about a week or two ago. I ordered the painted dipstick as well. I had a problem with it (unbeknownst to me or them the ZL1 has a different dipstick than the SS) but Josh has been great to work with to resolve it.

They are a little slow to ship and upfront communication is lacking, but if you aren't in a hurry then the wait is worth it. They do quality work.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:20 AM   #9
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Thanks guys. I will order in time for an April delivery. Deke, how does that cover sit on the reservoir, is it a nice tight fit?

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
Old 01-13-2013, 06:45 AM   #10
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
From my experience they were very slow getting their parts out once the order was placed, but the quality was exceptional on the part I ordered. It was so long I even sent a rant email. I would just ask them what your turn around time will be to give you peace of mind. For me, I was assuming they had these painted parts sitting on a self waiting to ship. It turns out they don't always... so you have to wait for them to get around to do that too.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:48 AM   #11
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Sounds good. How long did it take for your parts. Like I said I am looking for them in April since my car is put away. Top notch quality is far more important than shipping speed.

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
Old 01-13-2013, 11:58 AM   #12
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxspeed View Post
Thanks guys. I will order in time for an April delivery. Deke, how does that cover sit on the reservoir, is it a nice tight fit?
Not super tight. I'd say there is about an 1/8 inch spacing all the way around. It's held on with 3M double sided tape. I didn't attach mine so that I could remove it for cleaning and brake work.

I'd also like to add that it took me about 3 weeks to receive my order.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:02 PM   #13
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Thanks Deke.

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
Old 01-13-2013, 02:05 PM   #14
swisscheese

Drives: '91 Z28, '11 2SS L99
bought the painted taillight bezels a year ago and now the heritage grill. very satisfied with the quality and shipping was fast enough too (overseas here!)

gone: '10 Camaro SS, LS3, black, iom-stripes, io-interior, custom-shifter, Hotchkis lowering springs, GMPP-mufflers, tinted windows, Vararam-ed and Jannetty-tuned, RX Catch Can

'91 Camaro Z28, 305TPI, black, iom-stripes, some goodies
swisscheese is offline   Reply With Quote