Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 01-06-2015, 06:47 PM   #1
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
2006 C6 base ls2 auto vette no mods vs 2013 cammed ls3 ss

Hey fellas quick question here. I just picked up a 2006 Corvette base ls2 auto with 145k miles on it for a quick flip. Car seems kinda quick for what it is and pulls decently on top end. I ran it against my 2011 stock ctsv wagon and raped it pretty bad with my buddy driving it. I did not even bother bringing out my C6Z lol.

Question is this? With the oilfeild kind of slowing down just a bit I'm contemplating selling my Z and V wagon but can't decide to keep the new (used ) vette or my cammed ss with full bolt on's. My ss is in south Texas now (at another company yard) so I can't exactly pull it next to the C6 to run em but which do you think is faster and which should I. (Would you) keep? All my cars are paid for except my F250 and I'm aiming to have one fun car paid for, keep my truck, and buy a house so I can get out of the oilfeild altogether.

My ss btw dyno'd 478 rwhp has a big cam, headers, cold air intake, and exhaust with a damn good tune.

I will post up a video of the run in mexico when I get around to picking my ss back up. In the meantime just lmk thanks.
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 07:26 PM   #2
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
Hey fellas quick question here. I just picked up a 2006 Corvette base ls2 auto with 145k miles on it for a quick flip. Car seems kinda quick for what it is and pulls decently on top end. I ran it against my 2011 stock ctsv wagon and raped it pretty bad with my buddy driving it. I did not even bother bringing out my C6Z lol.

Question is this? With the oilfeild kind of slowing down just a bit I'm contemplating selling my Z and V wagon but can't decide to keep the new (used ) vette or my cammed ss with full bolt on's. My ss is in south Texas now (at another company yard) so I can't exactly pull it next to the C6 to run em but which do you think is faster and which should I. (Would you) keep? All my cars are paid for except my F250 and I'm aiming to have one fun car paid for, keep my truck, and buy a house so I can get out of the oilfeild altogether.

My ss btw dyno'd 478 rwhp has a big cam, headers, cold air intake, and exhaust with a damn good tune.

I will post up a video of the run in mexico when I get around to picking my ss back up. In the meantime just lmk thanks.
that C6 can't be stock.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 07:29 PM   #3
camarosspower

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
I thought the ls2 vette and the fifth gen Camaro was a drivers race? I would expect your cammed bolt on Camaro to be on par with a stock z06?
camarosspower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 07:32 PM   #4
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

My bad, the V wagon destroyed the C6 as I was not clear. The C6 has zero mods whatsoever and 145k miles. Son of a *itch runs like a scalded ape!
Old 01-06-2015, 07:52 PM   #5
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarosspower View Post
I thought the ls2 vette and the fifth gen Camaro was a drivers race? I would expect your cammed bolt on Camaro to be on par with a stock z06?
See I'm with you that its a drivers race but I have yet had a chance to run my ss against a C6Z. Driving both they feel very similar power wise (as and z) with a slight advantage to the ss. Idk but with some of the big oil drilling companies having a hiring freeze and talk of lay offs I'm thinking ahead of the game. So long I keep my F250 and ss or this C6 base I'm good. Just a bit nervous really.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:14 PM   #6
camarosspower

Take it to rpr
Old 01-06-2015, 09:34 PM   #7
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
Ls2 vette and 5th gen SS is not a drivers race when stock. I consider drivers race within .1-.2 tenths and 1-2mph in the 1\4. Yes i understand that many have beaten a ls2 Vette but that doesnt mean you had the faster car.

The Vette should be faster with same mods if the other parts are still in good condition. Even saying that I would probably hang onto the 5th gen if it is in better condition with a lot less miles. From a performance only standpoint you have a lot more potential with the Vette but it will take some extra money to get there. Just seems like a lot of wasted money considering the mods already done to the 5th gen.
Old 01-06-2015, 09:59 PM   #8
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by VADER SS L99 View Post
Ls2 vette and 5th gen SS is not a drivers race when stock. I consider drivers race within .1-.2 tenths and 1-2mph in the 1\4. Yes i understand that many have beaten a ls2 Vette but that doesnt mean you had the faster car.

The Vette should be faster with same mods if the other parts are still in good condition. Even saying that I would probably hang onto the 5th gen if it is in better condition with a lot less miles. From a performance only standpoint you have a lot more potential with the Vette but it will take some extra money to get there. Just seems like a lot of wasted money considering the mods already done to the 5th gen.
Thanks Vader. I purchased my ss brand new and its at 14k as we speak. I have 9k into the C6 base and its well still a base stock clean high mileage vette. I can get way more for the camaro than a rebuilt title 145k mileage C6 (which I'm OK with daily driving). The camaro is so much nicer on the inside and way smoother too. Im just at a catch because I'm trying to buy a house outright and still keep one fun paid off car (I'm still paying 3 more years on the F250).

I also have my 2012 evo which I'm going to more than likely sell as well BC I can add the extra toward the house plus more money for mods.
Old 01-06-2015, 11:12 PM   #9
camarosspower

How fast is your Camaro?
Old 01-06-2015, 11:20 PM   #10
62nalide

Drives: 2013 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by VADER SS L99 View Post

This
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 06:41 PM   #11
'01LS1

Drives: 2003 Pete
Only you can truly answer this & it will be abundantly clear when/if you write the for sale ads for all the cars you mentioned. You will feel the one you want to keep & probably price it 10 grand above market value.
'01LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 11:03 PM   #12
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Ok so I drove it today and really put my foot in it. It is not as fast as the ss but definitely has more potential to be kick ass! I happened to make my way to mexico earlier and ran a 15 5.0. It was from a 50 roll to 130 and i got the victory although it was honestly very close. Here is a pic of her or 2.

Old 01-08-2015, 11:07 PM   #13
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarosspower View Post
How fast is your Camaro?
My ss dyno'd 478 rwhp 422 torque and it is definitely faster but not break neck fast. I hate having to be realistic and make mature decisions lol.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:41 AM   #14
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
Ok so I drove it today and really put my foot in it. It is not as fast as the ss but definitely has more potential to be kick ass! I happened to make my way to mexico earlier and ran a 15 5.0. It was from a 50 roll to 130 and i got the victory although it was honestly very close. Here is a pic of her or 2.

Keep your Camaro...its modded just right...the vettes nice but I still think I would take the Camaro.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote