Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-24-2015, 06:28 PM   #1
ssblackbeauty

Drives: 2012 camaro ss
Talking brian tooley stage 4

So I had straighline do some work on ssblackbeauty this week. I decided to go with the brian tooley stage 4 cam with supporting mods and bolt ons. Car had xs 2 in headers the 3 inch all the way out back. Love the manner of this cam and the power wow. I am very impressed.

Before video
https://youtu.be/kzzUZuV56uM

Cam installed
https://youtu.be/anQLBFQuY7E

https://youtu.be/nYzl4tUuUqo

Here's the chart and numbers.

All I can say is thank you straightline for the awsome tune and thank you brian tooley racing for one hell of a cam guys.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:41 PM   #2
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Can never go wrong with Brian Tooley Very impressive number there!

Kayla L.
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:57 PM   #3
ssblackbeauty

Thanks man appreciate it.. he said the wcf was high due to it being chilly outside he said it would most likely be around 515hp. I am very impressed with this cam and tune man..just need me some tires for traction and some axles that don't suck haha
Old 11-24-2015, 10:02 PM   #4
62nalide

Drives: 2013 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssblackbeauty View Post
Thanks man appreciate it.. he said the wcf was high due to it being chilly outside he said it would most likely be around 515hp. I am very impressed with this cam and tune man..just need me some tires for traction and some axles that don't suck haha
Ported heads? If so that be very hard to pick up 30hp due to the wcf
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 10:15 PM   #5
Pro Stock John
Writer

Drives: 2010 SS / 1967 Camaro
Congrats. Another one of their customers Ivan S did maybe the same cam and went 122 mph at US41.
12.37@112 1.85 | + Kooks Headers/Cats + 20" 555R + CAI + BW TB + UDP + Tune
12.06@113 1.70 | + CD 3200 + 18" NT05R + RCR Intake + NE OTR + GPI Tune
11.84@115 1.59 | + 3.91s + Race Star 17x7 Fronts
10.90@125 1.47 | + GPI VVT Cam + BW Ported Heads + CD 3800
Pro Stock John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 10:19 PM   #6
RedHotSS

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Sounds absolutely nasty! Great power from the BTR cams!
RedHotSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 07:38 AM   #7
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
would suggest the reading of the print out is limited by the fact it does not show the correction factor applied which is most likely standard not SAE..... And yes the numbers are way different than SAE... As in much higher.....

While its a great cam its not that great as the nightfury and TSP's top cam, the GSX6 etc etc all have more power. It is not always needed though for some engine designs to go with the highest lift or the least LSA just for higher numbers with lesser vacuum and least drivability though versus the wider torque curve and improved driving and easier on the valve train lift etc... I went CamMotion stage three with even lower specs for my 428 as I want wide torque and lessor lift with just .650 springs and good driveability improved some from a tighter LSA, and I added a little to the spec of the cam when grinding.

Sensors
Silicone Couplers
Springs
Spring Kits
Spring Kit Components
Superchargers
Supercharger Upgrades
Thermostats
Throttle Bodies
Timing Chains
Tools
Tuning Software
Turbo Accessories
Turbos
Wiring
Valves
Payment Options

Payment Options

Recently Viewed

Naturally Aspirated LS1 & LS2 Stage IV Camshaft

Share on facebookShare on emailShare on printShare on twitter

Loading zoom

See 1 more picture

RRP:
$399.00

Your Price:
$389.00 (You save $10.00)

SKU:
BTR LS1/2 Stg IV Cam

Vendor:

Brand:
Comp

Condition:

Weight:

Rating:
( 1 product review )

Availability:

Minimum Purchase:
unit(s)

Maximum Purchase:
unit(s)

Current Stock:
Out of stock

Gift Wrapping:

Quantity:
Buy in bulk and save

Sorry but this item is currently unavailable.
Please check back at a later stage.

Product Description

This camshaft is very aggressive for a daily driver application. Although it's been reported to run at 1200 RPM in 6th gear, very good tuning would be required. With 16 degrees of overlap it has an aggressive idle, and makes great top end power at the sacrifice of some low end torque. The increased exhaust duration will pull very well in the upper RPM's without power falling off like other cams might. Cam specs are 235/242 .621"/.592" 111+3 and comes a 3 bolt timing gear pattern.

Lift approaching .650" or more while using stock 15 degree rocker arms with too much open spring pressure can damage valve tips long term. We recommend maximum lift of .630" and maximum open pressure of 400 lbs when using stock rocker arms.

I considered this cam and its got good duration....... Glad your built now, I am glad I am again, Remember the cam you got and down the road your going to need to check springs at 25k and most likely change them out if your not really taking it easy on the drivetrain. As its good insurance down the road or they can go south.......

Last edited by christianchevell; 11-25-2015 at 07:49 AM.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 07:55 AM   #8
BFASTNOTLAST

Drives: 2012 SS LS3
OP, Go and enjoy you new found power. As long as you are smiling that is all that matters. Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-25-2015, 07:01 PM   #9
IMPERIALBLUE2SS

Drives: 2010 imperial blue LS3 M6 2SSRS
Awesome cam! Just installed the Tick Performance Polluter cam in mine about 2 weeks ago! Which is supposedly the same cam. Makes awesome HP and the idle is insane!
IMPERIALBLUE2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 09:17 PM   #10
ssblackbeauty

I do not have ported heads. Couldn't factor $800 for 20 hp idk just couldn't do it since the stock ls3 heads flow pretty damn good. I picked this cam and I am very impressed with it. Not only does it have great performance and a nice torque curve it also sounds so aggressive. I don't care about the night fury or any other cam. I did my research and chose what I wanted for what I am building. I'm not doing a race car I'm building something that sounds mean has gobs of power when I want it and I am still able to strap my kid in the back to go for a cruise to get ice cream. The drivability on the cam is actually great yes it does buck at low rpms easy fix keep it in a lower gear than usual or throw a 3.90 in the ass end to make the lower rpm more usable.

Thanks for the props guys I defiantly didn't expect to make as much power as I did and the idle it's just wow..the camera does not do it justice. Just figured I'd throw all my info up to help fellow enthusiast who are building decide on what they are looking for in a cam. Heres one out of the many to choose from.

Yes the polluter and the btr stage 4 cam are the same and Martin at tick and Brian are amazing with these ls motors. I hope they see this post because I am nothing but grateful for their quality parts and straighline with the bad ass street able tune on it.
Old 11-26-2015, 02:22 PM   #11
762ch

Drives: 2011 2SS
You should post all your build specs, here and on the videos. It might help avoid the same questions over and over....

Which exhaust, are you running cats, mufflers, x pipe, resonators, how much power, which fuel... Blah blah blah What's your favorite color, animal etc hahaha. Which exhaust BTW? It sounds great!
762ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 11:18 AM   #12
ssblackbeauty

True story I just did it real quick didn't put them on the video.. I am running the xs 2 inch primary to 3 inch exhaust all the way back. They sell a kit with it all together but you have to ask for the 2 inch primary. Not a big brand name but I really like it and not alot of people have it.
Old 11-29-2015, 09:36 PM   #13
black79ta

Drives: 79 transam with 582cid dart motor
Sounds great. I have a similar cam from Brian Tooley.

2010 Camaro (inferno orange, 2SS, RS and such)
cat backs, catch can, CAI on the way
79 Transam, 582 cid dart motor 779hp 315's out back 40spline gdaxles tko tranny
black79ta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brian tooley racing, btr, cam, stage 4, stage iv