Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-26-2007, 11:24 AM   #43
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Or they can tell people to do what the instructions on the gas pump say, which is to hold the nozzle in the filler neck for a few seconds, then remove it at an angle. That helps too.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 05:17 PM   #44
LSxcellent

Drives: MINI Cooper S
Let's see... other stuff we KNOW.

-The Camaro will feature Strut-type front suspension with double ball joint lower control arms.

-The Camaro will feature a Multi-Link IRS Rear suspension (4 link)

-The Camaro will NOT be offered with the 21"/22" Wheels seen on the concept

-The mirrors will be bigger

-There will be 4 seats

Stuff I am REALLY sure about, but hasn't yet been confirmed... all of this information is being pulled from other GM-ZETA-platform vehicles such as the G8, Holden Commodore SS, and Vauxhaul VXR. Some of it is coming from the new Cadillac CTS data sheets as well, where it is appropriate.

-The Camaro will use the GM 6L80E Automatic 6 speed transmission (same as in Holden Commodore & G8) for the V8

-The Camaro will use the Tremec T56 Manual for the V8 (G8)

-The Camaro will use the Aisin AY6 Manual for the V6 (Caddy)

-The Camaro will use the 362hp/391lbft L76 as the base V8 (same as G8)

-The Camaro will use the 2 engines from the Cadillac CTS as the two V6's (268hp/304hp DI)

-The Camaro will feature AFM (G8)

-The Camaro gets disk brakes with ventilated discs all around. Two-pot calipers squeeze the front, with single-piston pinchers in back. (Holden Commodore SS)

-The Camaro will feature stability control as an option (G8 and Holden)

~LSx
Old 10-26-2007, 09:56 PM   #45
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSxcellent View Post
Stuff I am REALLY sure about, but hasn't yet been confirmed... all of this information is being pulled from other GM-ZETA-platform vehicles such as the G8, Holden Commodore SS, and Vauxhaul VXR. Some of it is coming from the new Cadillac CTS data sheets as well, where it is appropriate.

-The Camaro will use the GM 6L80E Automatic 6 speed transmission (same as in Holden Commodore & G8) for the V8

-The Camaro will use the Tremec T56 Manual for the V8 (G8) A version of...sure.

-The Camaro will use the Aisin AY6 Manual for the V6 (Caddy) If I remember right, that was from a very poor source, and it wouldn't make sense for an affordable car, why option 3 diff. Trannys?..

There's a chance...but really - nobody has said anything about engines....anywhere(which sucks). I don't like comparing to the G8...because, well - it's not a Camaro :p
-The Camaro will use the 2 engines from the Cadillac CTS as the two V6's (268hp/304hp DI)Where did you hear this?

-The Camaro gets disk brakes with ventilated discs all around. Two-pot calipers squeeze the front, with single-piston pinchers in back. (Holden Commodore SS)where did you hear this?

-The Camaro will feature stability control as an option (G8 and Holden)One can hope for standard equipment...:p

~LSx
I didn't say it up there, but I agree with most of that stuff...I just felt a need to point out all of the "inaccuracies"....
Old 10-26-2007, 11:55 PM   #46
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Quote:
-The Camaro will NOT be offered with the 21"/22" Wheels seen on the concept
Where has this been confirmed?

I agree that it wont be a BASE option.. But with them making high dollar chassis adjustments to accommodate up to a 24inch wheel.. seems kinda silly to not offer a larger diameter one as an option..

At very least the chances of getting the "style" of the coupes wheels are like 99% positive considering they are on the prototype picture only smaller in size.

PS grats dragon.. just noticed your a moderator now!
Old 10-27-2007, 02:58 AM   #47
Kahlis
Gotta love this shit!

Drives: 1981 Camaro Z28
I sure hope they still offer the bigger wheels,... I'm not a HUGE fan of big wheels, but I think it really sets the car apart. Plus,.... just think of what she'll look like with 15s? :(
Kahlis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 06:21 AM   #48
stovt001

Using other Zeta vehicles as a guide gives a good idea what we MIGHT be able to expect on the Camaro (such as trannies and engines) but there are no sure things. With renewed emphasis on brand differentiation, there is no guarantee that the Camaro will get the same engines as the G8 (it very well could, of course, but it also very well may not). Lets leave this thread to strictly what has been confirmed by GM for the moment.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:15 AM   #49
LSxcellent

Drives: MINI Cooper S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I didn't say it up there, but I agree with most of that stuff...I just felt a need to point out all of the "inaccuracies"....
I agree DrgnI, that's why I seperated that list... but just so people know where I am pulling this stuff from:

I believe this because GM websites list this as the matching tranny to the L76, and other Hi-Po engines (including the LS3 in the vette)

-The Camaro will use the Tremec T56 Manual for the V8 (G8)

I believe this because this is listed as the heavy duty tranny on GM's website, and is also in the vette as the manual, though they could use the TR-6060

-The Camaro will use the Aisin AY6 Manual for the V6 (Caddy)

I believe this because it is the matching tranny to the V6 engines, and it would allow them to use the same parts (bellhousing, etc)

I think this is likely because GM doesn't have any other 'base' V8's that make any sense... of course they could use something else that is new, but that's beyond me.

-The Camaro will use the 2 engines from the Cadillac CTS as the two V6's (268hp/304hp DI)

These are GM's newest and most appropriate engines for this application, but other than GM's engine list, and some other various internet speculation, I have no better source.

GM has said this out loud.

-The Camaro gets disk brakes with ventilated discs all around. Two-pot calipers squeeze the front, with single-piston pinchers in back. (Holden Commodore SS)

THis is from the edmunds.com review of the Australian Holden Commodore SS. I assumed that these would carry over into the Camaro (though it may only be on our Z28 with the base car getting lesser brakes all around).

-The Camaro will feature stability control as an option (G8 and Holden)

I see this as a cost saving measure, and GM seems to do this now, where the 'bottom of the barrel' cars get DSM as an option.

~LSx
Old 10-28-2007, 02:15 PM   #50
X-02 Z-28 Owner

Drives: X-2002 Z-28
First of all I'm new to this fourm and ran across it researching the 09 Camaro. I had a 2002 Z-28 and after selling it I told myself when the new Camaro comes out I would buy it.

Now, for what I have been reading about the know facts on this post I see there some that say the LS2 will not be offered as option choice. Here's what Edmunds Inside Line says.

The new production Chevrolet Camaro coupe will go on sale in January '09. The production convertible will follow in October '09. They'll be built on the new Zeta rear-drive architecture, which is a very refined version of the current platform. A V6 version with about 250 hp will be the base offering in both body styles. The LS2 V8, with 400 hp along with the familiar Tremec T-56 six-speed manual, will be the upgrade powertrain. GM insiders tell us there are already special editions planned. One will be a super coupe, perhaps called SS, powered by a 505-hp LS7 V8. Yes, the same engine currently available only in the Z06 Corvette.
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...cleId=120778#5
X-02 Z-28 Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 02:25 PM   #51
stovt001

That is very old information based on the powertrains on the concept. Since then the LS2 has been retired. Most of the time, the magazines and media websites are guessing, speculating, and quoting old, misunderstood, or unreliable facts. Inside line is generally reliable, but in this case they just need to update their information. Now that the LS2 is gone, no one really knows what the powerplants will be.

Sorry to have to correct you. When I first found this group my initial reaction was "what do they know? They're just a fan club guessing at things they would like to see. The media knows what's going on." However, we do have some nicely placed sources in this group, and some very reputable media outlets are all reporting conflicting information, so most, if not all, of them inherently have to be wrong.

Anyway, welcome to the group. In the end, for the most part we're all just guessing here, but slowly we're having details confirmed by GM.

Cheers!
Old 10-28-2007, 05:10 PM   #52
X-02 Z-28 Owner

Drives: X-2002 Z-28
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
That is very old information based on the powertrains on the concept. Since then the LS2 has been retired. Most of the time, the magazines and media websites are guessing, speculating, and quoting old, misunderstood, or unreliable facts. Inside line is generally reliable, but in this case they just need to update their information. Now that the LS2 is gone, no one really knows what the powerplants will be.

Sorry to have to correct you. When I first found this group my initial reaction was "what do they know? They're just a fan club guessing at things they would like to see. The media knows what's going on." However, we do have some nicely placed sources in this group, and some very reputable media outlets are all reporting conflicting information, so most, if not all, of them inherently have to be wrong.

Anyway, welcome to the group. In the end, for the most part we're all just guessing here, but slowly we're having details confirmed by GM.

Cheers!
Thanks for the correction. Were did the information come from to not go with the LS2? I was really hoping that would be an option is a SS or Z-28 package. Also, Thanks for the welcome.
X-02 Z-28 Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 05:21 PM   #53
stovt001

Well the LS2 has just been retired in favor of the even much more fantastically better [drum roll.....................] LS3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo. So we don't know yet if the LS3 will be in the Camaro. It could be the base V8, or the up-level V8, or it might not be in at all. New Gen V engines will be introduced shortly, so it might even get one of those. For now, we can just speculate that the Camaro will be competitive with the Mustang and Challenger level for level, which could mean any range of engine choices. Sadly we just don't know. Maybe on November 1st.....or maybe not.

Speaking of November 1st, I was looking at the Camaro section of Chevy Nation today, and it mentioned that it would be the place to look for news on trim levels, color trends, and announcement dates. So that could be a hint of what we may get on November 1st. Wouldn't it just suck to have the "big update" be news of a date in the future of some other announcement. I would cry.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:37 PM   #54
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I'd take news about future news over nothing any day!
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 06:08 PM   #55
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Speaking of November 1st, I was looking at the Camaro section of Chevy Nation today, and it mentioned that it would be the place to look for news on trim levels, color trends, and announcement dates. So that could be a hint of what we may get on November 1st. Wouldn't it just suck to have the "big update" be news of a date in the future of some other announcement. I would cry.
I don't think...er, rather...I Hope they don't do that to us ...
But I just wanted to ask...where did you hear November 1st? All I've heard was November.

And talking out loud here...isn't SEMA in November more or less? October 30th -...
Old 10-28-2007, 06:25 PM   #56
stovt001

For some reason "the beginning of every month we'll have updates, and you don't want to miss November" comes to mind, or something like that. I'll have to go back now and check to see if it was ever said what time in November the update would come out.