Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 05-02-2012, 04:12 PM   #1
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
EVAP/EGR READINESS

Went for MA inspection and the EVAP and EGR systems read not ready. The car has been driven about 600 miles with many start cycles and still not ready. Anyone know of a driving proceedure to get ready status?
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:16 PM   #2
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
Went for MA inspection and the EVAP and EGR systems read not ready. The car has been driven about 600 miles with many start cycles and still not ready. Anyone know of a driving proceedure to get ready status?
What are we talking about here, Vehicle year make model engine trans and list of Mods, and Tune?

I can Help.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:20 PM   #3
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
What are we talking about here, Vehicle year make model engine trans and list of Mods, and Tune?

I can Help.

Ted.
Hi Ted. Still haven't been able to datalog with the SCT tuner to send you but anyway.

2010 Camaro L99
VVT-3 cam
DT longtubes
High flow cats
Airaid cai
currently the TSP canned tune
Old 05-03-2012, 05:31 AM   #4
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhawk View Post
Funny since an EGR doesn't exist on these but your answer is- it's the tune. The evap will never be ready if the wrong codes are tuned out.
Thanks, Don. The inspection station claims it's nothing to due with the tune but I suspect that it is, I will look into this.

I also mentioned that there is no EGR valve but they said if the system was not supported it would show N/A instead of not ready.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:44 AM   #5
CFD

Quote:
It is the tune, I garrenty it. Remember I tune a ton of cars in Ma and know what the inspections are and what fails.
I am by no means doubting you,as mentioned I suspected the tune as well but the inspection stations are not quite as knowledgeable. They insist if it was the tune the system would FAIL rather than show NOT READY and it would throw a code, this is obviously not the case.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:52 AM   #6
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Hi Ted. Still haven't been able to datalog with the SCT tuner to send you but anyway.

2010 Camaro L99
VVT-3 cam
DT longtubes
High flow cats
Airaid cai
currently the TSP canned tune
Give me a call I will help you out.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:52 AM   #7
MA2010SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Definately what Don said, if you had HP Tuners I could send you a compare file to your file and you would see what would need to be checked off and/or adjusted in order for it to pass the readiness state.
2010 Camaro SS Whipple SC, CAI Inc Intake, TSP 1 7/8" LT headers no cats, 3" magnaflow exhaust, HPT, RX Catch Can, LSR Toe Rods, LSR Trailing Arms, ALKY Control Meth, McLeod RXT Twin Disc, ZL1 fuel pump, 3.73 ZL1 Differential Kit, BTR PDS Stage 2 Cam, Tuned by SLOWHAWK Performance Bridgewater MA
MA2010SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:16 AM   #8
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA2010SS View Post
Definately what Don said, if you had HP Tuners I could send you a compare file to your file and you would see what would need to be checked off and/or adjusted in order for it to pass the readiness state.
I actually do HP tuners but had a computer crash and have been trying to load it on the new one with no success, but I'm working on it. LOl
Old 05-03-2012, 08:33 AM   #9
MA2010SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Do I get a service fee?
How about I get you another car to tune and tack on a couple of bucks when it's meth tune time for me
2010 Camaro SS Whipple SC, CAI Inc Intake, TSP 1 7/8" LT headers no cats, 3" magnaflow exhaust, HPT, RX Catch Can, LSR Toe Rods, LSR Trailing Arms, ALKY Control Meth, McLeod RXT Twin Disc, ZL1 fuel pump, 3.73 ZL1 Differential Kit, BTR PDS Stage 2 Cam, Tuned by SLOWHAWK Performance Bridgewater MA
MA2010SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #10
CFD

Ted at JRE has been tunning my car from the time I started modding it and as usual he straightened everything out and inspection passed no problem. He is also working on the tune for my TSP VVT-3 cam and with the changes he made so far to the tune that came with the cam it is running much stronger already, a couple of minor issues and I'll be al set to go. Thanks Ted.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:58 AM   #11
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Ted at JRE has been tunning my car from the time I started modding it and as usual he straightened everything out and inspection passed no problem. He is also working on the tune for my TSP VVT-3 cam and with the changes he made so far to the tune that came with the cam it is running much stronger already, a couple of minor issues and I'll be al set to go. Thanks Ted.
Except for the Tune for the Cam until Now
Old 05-07-2012, 08:01 AM   #12
1ltcap
Banned

Drives: 2012 mustanng gt, 1968 chevy camaro
Quote:
year/make/model/engine/transmission?

evap monitors are sometimes the hardest to set.

what's mass. law? do you have to have all monitors set, or can 1 or 2 be not ready?

i just saw you've messed with the 'puter....but i'm still curious about the laws up there.....
1ltcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:43 PM   #13
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ltcap View Post
year/make/model/engine/transmission?

evap monitors are sometimes the hardest to set.

what's mass. law? do you have to have all monitors set, or can 1 or 2 be not ready?

i just saw you've messed with the 'puter....but i'm still curious about the laws up there.....
We can one system not ready.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:47 PM   #14
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Except for the Tune for the Cam until Now
I waited untill now because of issues I was having with the STC as well as wanting to finish tying in my mail slot scoop and lower valance scoops. The changes you've made to the tune so far have resulted in drastic changes (for the better) in power and driveability. Other than the couple of minor issues I mentioned in the e-mail with my data loggs it's running real good.