Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-17-2015, 09:29 AM   #1
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Has your Camaro changed your life in any way?

Has your Camaro changed your life in any way?

I know mine has. I bought my car back in December and at that time, I smoked 2 packs of cigarettes per day. Yes, I did smoke in my car, but I hated seeing the ashes all over the door (used to flick ashes out the window) and I didn't want the new car smell to go away.... so...

I gave up the cigarettes on January 1st because of my car. Now I have an extra $360 per month to spend on mods! Cigarette money paid for my new splitter...
Old 02-17-2015, 09:37 AM   #2
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Great story.

The 5thGen Camaro did bring me back to the days of driving my 92' RS Camaro when I was just out of High School.

Owning the Camaro has brought me some cool new friends and allowed me to share my love of muscle cars with my kids at cars shows and track events. The Camaro has allowed me to go places and meet new people that I otherwise would not have known.

I started with a 13' 2LT/RS V6 Camaro. Ran almost the entire range of V6 mods...1LE suspension, SS Brembos, CAI, front splitters....aftermarket rims...ect...ect.

Because of my awesome wife and kids I was able to climb the ladder and trade up to the ZL1 within the last few months. Now owning the Camaro is a event for the whole family. My 5yr old daughter always makes sure that the ZL1 is covered each night with the car cover before she goes to bed. And the boys argue over who going with me to the next track event.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 09:41 AM   #3
Red2014SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post

Because of my awesome wife and kids I was able to climb the ladder and trade up to the ZL1 within the last few months. Now owning the Camaro is a event for the whole family. My 5yr old daughter always makes sure that the ZL1 is covered each night with the car cover before she goes to bed. And the boys argue over who going with me to the next track event.

That's really cool!!! Those kids are priceless and they grow up way too fast. My daughter is grown up and moved out on her own. I miss her everyday. You are creating memories that will last forever!
Old 02-17-2015, 09:41 AM   #4
Zslash28
Jumanji

Drives: '14 Z/28 - AGM - No A/C
Buying my Z/28, gives me the ability to get out from under working on older cars. Building a car takes more time then I currently have right now. I can now go and do what I have been dreaming of doing for a decade. Plus by selling off everything for the 3 older cars, I get two parking spots and my garage back. Not to mention a very happy wife. Total win.
Zslash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 09:54 AM   #5
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
yep, I want to keep driving instead of going home ( lol ) other than my corvettes and my brothers '71 Trans Am 455HD tuned & w/nitrous not much else has been this fun.. Loved that T/A. plowed thru corners, prayed the brakes would stop her and got about 6mpg - BUT IT WAS FAST AS HELL AND SOUNDED GREAT.
snarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 10:11 AM   #6
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
I used to be able to park straight in parking spots (with a dodge magnum station wagon, mind you).

Now I can't for the life of me.

Last edited by Splitter; 02-17-2015 at 12:13 PM.
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 10:32 AM   #7
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Mine is not a dd......but when I get in it ...fire it up..it rumbles and shakes. Because its bright orange with white stripes people look. I just enjoy the power on tap....whenever I need it. My wife named it dr feelgood because everytime I get in it , it makes me feel good. My daughter is 16 getting her license ..the look on her face when we cruise around the subdivision is priceless.

Last edited by rontammy0; 02-17-2015 at 11:13 AM.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 10:39 AM   #8
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
No. Still got the same life. Life is good. Thank the Lord.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:04 AM   #9
Red2014SS

Great stories! It's nice to read about how the car affects everyone.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:15 AM   #10
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
I've always been a car guy, ever since I was little. When my daughter was 4.5, I traded in my Grand Prix GTP for my Camaro. She was just starting to get to go to car shows and things with me, and with the Camaro, she went to everything with me.

I got to spend almost 4 years of Camaro events and shows and cruising with my little girl. It was her "race car" and all the people at her school/YMCA knew when Daddy was coming to pick her up. She made many friends with her smile and her laughter.

She passed away in November due to cancer. I had about 50 car people show up to her funeral. To say it changed my life would be correct. It gave me something I can never forget, and it left me with a car that I can escape in when I'm having a rough day.

It wouldnt have mattered if it was a Pinto or a Camaro, but I'm glad it was a Camaro. They have always been my favorite car, even as a child.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:17 AM   #11
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Mine moved me up from being a cool dad to a really cool dad. Especially the times I pick up or drop of my son at school.

It has also caused me to gain weight. Before the Camaro I'd go for walks on my lunch break and pick something up within walking distance . Now I'd rather drive my Camaro to go get my lunch.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:20 AM   #12
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
I've always been a car guy, ever since I was little. When my daughter was 4.5, I traded in my Grand Prix GTP for my Camaro. She was just starting to get to go to car shows and things with me, and with the Camaro, she went to everything with me.

I got to spend almost 4 years of Camaro events and shows and cruising with my little girl. It was her "race car" and all the people at her school/YMCA knew when Daddy was coming to pick her up. She made many friends with her smile and her laughter.

She passed away in November due to cancer. I had about 50 car people show up to her funeral. To say it changed my life would be correct. It gave me something I can never forget, and it left me with a car that I can escape in when I'm having a rough day.

It wouldnt have mattered if it was a Pinto or a Camaro, but I'm glad it was a Camaro. They have always been my favorite car, even as a child.
Your post really brings everything into perspective. Im sorry for your lose....you sound like a dad your daughter would be proud of.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 11:21 AM   #13
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
In EVERY way. I always loved cool cars but was not a car gal. Now I am Vice President of a Camaro club, love to drag race & starting to do a little road course & autocross, love to modify my Camaro, have tons of Camaro comrades both locally & all over the country/world, and many more things. My Camaro friends have helped me get through some of the worse times of my life & help me all the time with not only car related things but anything I need help with. I love my 2 Camaro family, my Camaro club family & my Camaro5 family!
Old 02-17-2015, 11:23 AM   #14
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post

So sorry for your terrible loss. Glad you got to spend some great quality time with your daughter & your Camaro.